Who plays single player?

There are 48 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ChromeBolt.

• i think some still do. most who play multiplayer usually dont go for singleplayer.

CF singleplayer is definatly harder then the original singleplayer because NPCs are harder.

• I've never played Freelancer/Crossfire except in single player, naturally I now play the Open SP as the storyline still sucks, Open SP I make my own rules.

• I do on rare occasions. But I cheat. [8] God mode is the shiznit.

I figure I'll never see the far reaches in MP because I don't really want to spend a thousand hours getting that good at combat (DK space, for instance.)

Also, some systems are either verboten or nearly so, and I don't want to go get permission for Hiruga, then get stuck, then have to log off and come back another day withouth permission to be in there, then get bombarded with attacks and a price on my head and all that fun stuff, ya know?

Or if I am dying to drive a Shroud or something equally proprietary - have to do that in SP.

Hmmm...more zombies than usual...

• My experience with clansystems is for the most part positive. Most clans allow you to enter their sys, explore it and even buy stuff if you ask friendly.
    There are even pirates flying around in shrouds :D

Originally posted by phileditin
    I've never played Freelancer/Crossfire except in single player, naturally I now play the Open SP as the storyline still sucks, Open SP I make my own rules.

ehe ehem .. bulsh**. freelancer got one of best storys in all games i play.and im damn perfekcjonist, an is rly rly rly hard to pleas me
    freelancer storyline is AWESOME. rly i like it alot, i finish SP like 10 or so times with many diferent mods. but most of them just destroy game play. crosfire is nice, but who say is HARDER? is much easier i was fly shroud before i leave liberty, becouse shroud was not lvled :P
    all cash is from pods u can make giantick cash on it .
    i rly hope to see real new campaign in CF1.8
    btw ppl who remmeber me from multi known that im good in PVP also , but i dont play freelancer newdays becouse i have no windows, and im unable to lounch freelancer on damn wine ro cedega.
    when cf1.8 will go out im sure test it.
    PLS PLSPLS op try use the 88flak AI in CF1.8 its damn best ai for freelancer i ever fight with

• Where and what is the CF storyline huh? 84 yrs later and trent is still a young guy, Juni is back on Earth, also 84 yrs later, Orrilion has never been seen since, no hakkera, no tobias, the blood dragons still haven't taken control of tokyo, the Bundschuh are still fighting the same war, as are the corsairs / hessians, and the cardamine isn't being produced on Malta.

There's nothing to tell you where the black boxes / disks are meant to be delivered to.

What happened to the original storyline, it disappeared completely leaving Trent with no purpose for being around.

I can go from Manhattan to almost anywhere in CF without ever being shot at, and I can prove it.

As for the DK and Nomads, they never attack anyone other than the player, some storyline.

• the years you mention are not true
    the side characters aint important for CF story line
    the situation in sirius has changed very much
    the blackboxes are part of a riddle... solve it instead of complaining
    the original story line is still there
    the original reputations are also still there (not to mention that in vanilla FL you can get neutral reputation with all factions in about half an hour)
    DK and nomads also attack others but since NPCs priority always is to attack player ships you just feel like they only attack you
    other faction also would attack you as primary target if you would be hostile to them

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thanks Op, ok, I apologise for getting confused about the dates, I already solved the black boxes, be that I haven't been to any DK / Nomad systems on my new rig, I've also had the operation on my left elbow to release / repair the nerves. I've played FL from the day it was released in the Uk, and I've clocked up as much as 16 hrs in one day playing it.

I've tried virtually every mod, only CF is anything close to perfect, which is why I respect you and your crew.

I wasn't complaining at all, I was merely giving my HONEST opinion, as I believe I'm entitled to do.

I will continue to support you, your staff and CF in general.

So thank you for clearing up a few points, I wish you well.

• no offence taken

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I've only played SP, and none of the FL mods really gave me exactly what I was hoping for. But CF was certainly the best.

What makes the SP game interesting to me, is the continually changing constraints that you have while progressing through it. It's not simply a matter of making enough cash to afford what you want to buy. What's 'best' keeps changing as you go along, and you often have to redo your reputations in order to obtain it. I just love all the exploring and planning related to outfitting a really nice ship, and I get to do that multiple times in the SP story.

The problem, is that no mod has attempted to compress more of the game's experience and equipment inside the scope of the story, and beef up the opposition accordingly. I know that's not going to happen at this late stage either.

OTOH, CF provides a few story-like quests to pursue after the main story is over, and so it gave me the most motivation to keep playing it. I've played CF in SP for many hundreds of hours. I eventually got stuck at a DK gate with horrendous firepower that I was never able to get past, as well as wandering some unknown systems looking for something that I knew was there, but could never find it. On the way though, I seriously admired the scope of the CF effort and want to give big thanks to its creators.

--
    John

Originally posted by allthumbs
    I was wondering if I'm the only person in the world left that likes to just play Crossfire as singleplayer.

By the way, you are not the only one, my father plays in Singleplayer too :)

Originally posted by GoD_oF_WaR

By the way, you are not the only one, my father plays in Singleplayer too :)

Before entering MP, I played SP (CF) almost 6 months too. :D

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• I've been playing Crossfire SP for about two months now...

these forums have been very helpful in figuring out that which i was too impatient to find on my own...

i agree with the general consensus that the major draw of the game is the feeling of accomplishment that only genuinely comes from figuring it out on your own...yet sometimes a quick search of the forums prevents one from banging their head needlessly against the wall, or throwing the comp out the window in frustration.

OP...thanks for a great mod.

CF community...thank you for unwittingly helping a "noob" earn his stripes in single player...

to be honest...i've been leeching wifi from my neighbors for the last few years, and i've finally had enough of the uncontrolled aspects of their router..."just reboot the dang thing already!"...at any rate...i'll be getting my own connection soon, and i'll probably be joining the ranks online asap.

as it is...i spend about 2-3 hours a day playing, with occasional sessions lasting 12 hours at a stretch...(yes...i have a very addictive personality)

looking forward to meeting all of the folks that didn't know they were giving me advice...

-Zeroth

• LoL

yeah thats how many of us started :D

Welcome to CF Zeroth (even when a little late because you was hiding in SP :D )

Hope to cu soon in space - for a never ending adventure. If you need advice, there are enough players on the server to help you, just don´t be shy and ask.

Click the image above to visit us.

• How convienent,

I would like to try Single player with this MOD.

I havnt played SP since it came out but was wondering if I could pick some brains? I would love to change the balance of the game. Make it a lot harder but have a better starting credit pool. My idea being to start, or buy soonish a CF mod ship and play it that way.

Also, I would welcome any suggestions to tweak SP and make it a refreshing game. It would be nice to make all factions more aggresive against each other and against me. Has anyone figured out a way to slow down the story? I mean by this to change the triggerpoints for the SP story so that you have to trade a bit more and fight a bit more.

I also welcome any other suggestions.

• I play Singleplayer too.
    But i have a big question!

How/where can i reduce or 0 the regeneration of enemies?

My Singleplayer is nearly unbeatable because the pirates regenerate their shield and hp about 10 to 15 times (full). So i need about 5min for each simple pirate! That can't be what you wanted? 'Difficulty_Scale' does not change anything and 0.0 means godmode. And that sucks ^^

I really love this mod, but i can't play along this way. Please answer!!

Best greetings

• Yeah m8 - we are aware of this issue - unfortunate we cannot change anything yet by default. We are going to change this condition with the next release CF 1.8.

Meanwhile you could try to trade a bit to earn some money to get better ships...
    Anyone else has another tip for this guy? << asking around >>

My Singleplayer is nearly unbeatable because the pirates regenerate their shield and hp about 10 to 15 times (full). So i need about 5min for each simple pirate! That can't be what you wanted? 'Difficulty_Scale' does not change anything and 0.0 means godmode. And that sucks ^^

its true... but hey... that what challenge is all about...
    there no way that i know to change the regeneration...
    but here's a tip...
    u maybe dont want to waste ur missile because of npc use thrust to avoid it here away i usually use n somewhat effective...
    first shot the npc but conserve energy.. shot down the shield like quarter or half... dont juz shoot all the way cuz u will lose precious energy cuz npc tend to use battery even if they lose little bit shield...
    shoot burst like when the enemy dont have any battery left to use... then use missile together with cd...
    npc use thrust when we fire missile but when it hit they tend to stop using thrust for a moment.. so use cd and missile together cuz cd will hit first so by the time the npc stop it gave time to ur missile to hit the npc...
    and try to use more stunpulse or tizona...