Requests

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gast.

• As you know i am not happy about the way this community does manage itself. Most ppl think that they can have everything they wish without doing something. Maybe it does work this way in other communities but as we all know such communities wont last for long.

I assume you all want to stay here in SWAT and stay together in future even when other games than FL are played. This can only work if you help to keep SWAT successful... everybody needs to do something especially since i wont be able to stay admin forever. When im gone you will have to run this place and its better if you start to do your part now.

What im going to do now (since my "statement" thread has not lead to fundamental changes) is to give out tasks to you. I want that these jobs are done and i want that these tasks are done be not only those which did that stuff in the past.
    Ppl like CA have really enough to do meanwhile and you others are doing nothing.

You know me good enough that i dont accept excuses. If someone takes over a job then i expect that this job is done and finished. If this is not the case i will search for someone else to do it.
    I already did say that i wont work on CF or other mods until this community does its job. So in the end it is your decision if you get a new and better CF, a full server and new members for your clans.
    You can decide to do something or you can let everything go down the drain.

So what needs to be done?
    - as the review and the faq are already in production as it was reported there is not much more to mention about it
    - i have updated the SWAT mainpage and it really bothers me that for some games we are not able to have detailed information
    it would be cool to have more info for EVE Online on our main site
    more about infinity
    jumpgate evo + jumpgate
    Nexus
    Tarr Chronicles
    Wingcommander (all games)
    X (all games)
    The info we have about those games is pretty poor and that has to change... infos about systems, missions, ships, walkthroughs + everything else is needed.
    If you think "oh i cant create websites... dunno how this works" then i can only say that if you know how to work with word then you also will be able to create a website. All i need is a word document... you can design the stuff like you want... even with pics. So dont even think about such an excuse.
    - News
    we cover more than 14 games... its hard to believe that there are no news about these games or related mods. I actually would expect to have daily news at SWAT and i know for sure that there is enough material out there to make this possible... ive searched for a big bunch of sites which cover games that we have in SWAT, including the developer sites and i noticed that there are tons of news. I also noticed that the moderators didnt use the chance to post some news and am very disappointed that i wasted my time searching these sources and websites while the result is 0 posted news at SWAT.
    This has to change and if someone of you thinks to be able to search or write some news then help us. Like i said - I want to see daily news at SWAT and that is for sure possible.
    - Moderation...
    A sad topic... except a few moderators the activity dropped and the portal suffers from that... this needs to change or i will have to kick out those moderators and search for new ones
    but for sure we need more moderators here at SWAT... there is much to do... and for sure i cant do all the work alone.
    We need both... forum moderators and site moderators... site moderators will be able to post news and manage galleries and downloads.
    - Gallery updates
    14 games and some game galleries dont contain many screenshots and wallpapers... that has to change now.... you can see yourself which games are supported in a good way and which still need new stuff
    here much work has to be done (this requires to be site moderator)
    - Downloads
    on the SWAT server there are about 1200 freelancer files and some files for other games
    these need to be added to the SWAT download database... (this requires to be site moderator)
    like already said... they are already on the server and only need to be moved to the correct directory and then added to the database (with info and version number)
    this belongs to the things that have highest priority atm
    - i expect that the events are sorted out
    i want the neccessary information in order to update the CF site
    i want to know who is running the events and i want that these events are running on a regular basis
    - ASF/CSF
    I want an official statement about ASF and CSF
    the rules
    the way everything does run
    that stuff will be put on the CF site
    I also like to get a shedule when these events are running and announcements in other communities and via newsletter prior this event does start
    - what is with the SWAT intro movie?
    is there finally a version that i can use?
    - what is with the CF logo?
    there was a contest somewhen with no real results... im looking for high quality logos
    - path generator for FL
    this is just a question not a request... is it possible?
    - mod database
    its almost empty atm
    I want it to be updated and filled with information about mods
    if someone is interested doing this job then im willing to give out the neccessary rights and accesses
    - the CF1.8 gallery needs to be updated

well i guess thats it for now
    i will start working on CF again when the above stuff is done
    so its up to you if or when you get the new CF1.8
    This is the last time i will ask for help... if you are not willing to do something for this community then i will refuse to do anything for you. So simple is that.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• for the mod database...

I'm uploading today the first 15 screenshots for Freelancer: Expanded Universe. More screenies soon.

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• Im worken with Ininity forum admins, no excuse here, i will get more info for infinity ASAP, as a matter of fact they said they may give me the information before it is released to the public

*hic* Wheres me rum, LP is returning, we will return, and we will fight to the death. Want to join LP, contact us at http://lostprophets.forumup.org/

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

The king and his men stole the queen from her bed
    and bound her in her bones
    The seas be ours and by the powers
    Where we will, we'll roam
    Yo, ho, haul together,
    hoist the colors high
    heave ho, thieves and beggars,
    never shall we die
    Some men have died and some are alive
    And others sail on the sea
    With the keys to the cage and the Devil to pay
    We lay to Fiddler's Green!

• good work on this

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

- Moderation...

maybe i could help here, but only in the FL/CF sections and the general discussions, since i dont know any of the other games (or mods)

- the CF1.8 gallery needs to be updated

i think i can help here too

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    since i wont be able to stay admin forever. When im gone you will have to run this place and its better if you start to do your part now.

Oo i hope this time will at least last some decades...

So what needs to be done?
    - i have updated the SWAT mainpage and it really bothers me that for some games we are not able to have detailed information
    it would be cool to have more info for EVE Online on our main site

A Az and Dopp are busy with this game and Minni or Flash... can you try to put some news to the main page?

To put some information about this games you should have played 'em?! Otherwise your information are maybe not qualified enough...

If you think "oh i cant create websites... dunno how this works" then i can only say that if you know how to work with word then you also will be able to create a website.
    All i need is a word document... you can design the stuff like you want... even with pics. So dont even think about such an excuse.

I can help with putting stuff as site somewhere. As I can even work with word ;) But i dont recommend to use it as web design basic <-- *jokingly* ;)
    I am not very talent in producing content as this was never something i was in favor with... but i can care about the web stuff...

- News
    we cover more than 14 games... its hard to believe that there are no news about these games or related mods. I actually would expect to have daily news at SWAT and i know for sure that there is enough material out there to make this possible... ive searched for a big bunch of sites which cover games that we have in SWAT, including the developer sites and i noticed that there are tons of news. I also noticed that the moderators didnt use the chance to post some news and am very disappointed that i wasted my time searching these sources and websites while the result is 0 posted news at SWAT.

Well thats something i find strange too... I also would like to see some news about some hardware. graphic card, keyboard, mice and a lot of hardware that has something to do with gaming... Also if you copy the information and put it into own words... i am sure every new would be helpful at all.

seems to be an easy job, isn't it? I think i would trust myself to do such things.

- i expect that the events are sorted out
    i want the necessary information in order to update the CF site
    i want to know who is running the events and i want that these events are running on a regular basis

Well the events are sorted out in most cases. You will get the requested info asap.
    BTW is it possible to get an extra board like the "Leaders Board" and "ServerPolice Board" for the EventManagers. Then one person could overtake the main manager like picard did last time and lead a group of managers. So its up to him to allow the others for this board (something that could be managed via group access).
    BTW: I would find it sometimes helpful if there could be a hint or something like that on the main page. So everyone can read what event is running today and the next days...
    Something like this... that truly needs the events to be hold on a regular basis.

Well we have this information somewhere. need to find the links and info so i (or someone else in charge) could give you the information.

- what is with the SWAT intro movie?
    is there finally a version that i can use?

Magnet? ;)

- what is with the CF logo?
    there was a contest some when with no real results... im looking for high quality logos

high quality logos - what do you mean by it? What resolution the logo should be? What information shall be put on this logo?

- path generator for FL
    this is just a question not a request... is it possible?

Yeah I think its possible. And I need some principal information about how to deal with the path generation form programming site. Your information about it once were at least enough to have start. But I firstly need some more info about the data storage, basic structures, algorithms... And i would like to make it usable in general not only for CF (but firstly the main part to make it work with CF :)

- mod database
    its almost empty atm
    I want it to be updated and filled with information about mods

Well I thought this should be done by the developers of the mods. Now it seems you want to have any information even something about the existence and something about the game play... Not only obligatory the info of the modders?

so its up to you if or when you get the new CF1.8
    This is the last time i will ask for help... if you are not willing to do something for this community then i will refuse to do anything for you. So simple is that.

I would be happy to see CF 1.8 rising. The screenshots and the announced changes are really interesting...

To put some information about this games you should have played 'em?! Otherwise your information are maybe not qualified enough...

every info is more qualified than no info

BTW is it possible to get an extra board like the "Leaders Board" and "ServerPolice Board" for the EventManagers.

yes

BTW: I would find it sometimes helpful if there could be a hint or something like that on the main page. So everyone can read what event is running today and the next days...

it will surprise most ppl here but this portal/forum has a calendar funtion that can be used for events and other important stuff

high quality logos - what do you mean by it? What resolution the logo should be? What information shall be put on this logo?

there is a thread showing what is needed on this logos
    the logo should be simply looking good and detailed
    maybe a bit in the style of my sig ... or completly different

Yeah I think its possible. And I need some principal information about how to deal with the path generation form programming site. Your information about it once were at least enough to have start. But I firstly need some more info about the data storage, basic structures, algorithms... And i would like to make it usable in general not only for CF (but firstly the main part to make it work with CF

before it should work with CF it should be working with vanilla FL coz only with vanilla files it is possible to check if the paths are valid since vanilla has valid paths

Well I thought this should be done by the developers of the mods. Now it seems you want to have any information even something about the existence and something about the game play... Not only obligatory the info of the modders?

mod creators are lazy these days...even the SWAT ones
    the mod info can be build out of the mod description that comes with the readme or stuff that has been posted at moddb.com

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• This may seem like a radical idea to some people, but it seems to me a natural extension of the life of a server clan to intentionally participate in the life of the community, beyond what they may have to offer in roleplay or game skills. Each clan is eager to step forward and claim the Server Police position on the game server, but I see no clans stepping forward to add value to the SWAT community at large. Server Police is only one responsibility, serving only the one mod that this Portal hosts; the Portal is the larger community, which will ultimately draw the larger number of people into contact with the mod.

What I am suggesting is that every server clan might appreciate their privileges enough that they have one or more designated representatives to serve as Moderators on SWAT. In my clan, I might call that position "Chief Information Officer" (which is vacant ATM). The clan moderator would check for news, relevant events, mods, etc. for one of the games the Portal supports, and post as information is available. This could/should also be done with events, IMO, since it is in the interest of every clan that events be staffed, so that fun on CF is increased, and players have more reasons to stay. Players who stay will be more likely to join clans, BTW! 8o

I am in no way downplaying the important contributions made by freelancers, but rather pointing out that since clans are already making a financial contribution to the server, it only makes sense that they would have a keen interest in insuring the lasting success of that investment, by taking direct action to support the operation of the Portal, as well. As a clan leader myself, I would encourage other clan leaders to find junior members of their own clans to take ownership of this opportunity, if they are already too busy with clan management to do so themselves. Every clan wants to have the respect of their peers in the community, and I can think of no better way to earn it than by taking your places alongside those who are already making time to support this community.

For sure, DC, BG & IOC are actively represented in the Portal staff; I cannot see any good reason why other clans should not have talented, enthusiastic members who also would like to represent their clan in the same way... 8)

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• good post

btw. TRF and CFPD are running the CSF/ASF Forums as far as i know...

But no Excuse we have to do so yes...

Click the image above to visit us.

Well, CA, SZ is represented too in portal Staff by me i think...

I'm not pointing fingers, only illustrating that not all clans are actively represented on the moderator team yet... :rolleyes:

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

• *bump*

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Update on the FAQ.. Anca and I still work to get this finished, or at least to send a draft to you for approval.. shouldn't be too long now.. :D

Update on the CF Review.. Lucy sent me a copy of the draft she wrote, and I reviewed what she's got so far.. I'm sure she will also be finished shortly.. but I guess she will post her own update.. :D

SMG_Mizibelle, SMG_Spellcaster, SMG_Hellcat

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• yeah i already got a message from her this morning

this bump was more because of all the other points

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I sent the RP rules update yesterday via e-mail. If you get the chance, it would be good if you could remove the neutral systems from the RRS scoring system. All other systems currently in the RRS can remain where they are, since the current campaign continues, and the systems won by each faction should remain until we have a clear winner.

• ill have a look at it tomorrow

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• bump

Originally posted by lucy in the sky

maybe i could help here, but only in the FL/CF sections and the general discussions, since i dont know any of the other games (or mods)

just in case you still need moderators for the forum: i still could help out

• remind me on this next week

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• *remind

one thing i wanted to know and make clear: what do mods exactly do here? I was a mod on another forum and the mods there had all hands full to keep it clear from idiots, spammers and perverts, moving and deleting posts and threads. so i think i know the ropes.

what i mean is, what do i do when i see an inappropriate post? delete it? move it to some kinda quarantine section? can i do that at all? close a thread, move it, edit a post if necessary?

because i'm not good at being an eunuch, ever wanting to do but never be able to do it :D