Crossfire 1.8 screenshots

There are 1,017 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Tyrael.

• Coalition HQ re-skin is the best yet!! I notice some of those Coalition cap ships are still flying inverted, tho ;) Excellent new nebulae, cockpits, etc... :D

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Are the coalition station interiors going to be changed at all?
    It seemed kinda silly that the massive station of the Coalition HQ was just a normal base on the inside.
    I'd have expected it to be something like Cadiz or Kyoto.

• Ahaaa, after Drakon's post i got what should i see on this movie.

---------------------------------------ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Originally posted by Trainwiz
    Are the coalition station interiors going to be changed at all?
    It seemed kinda silly that the massive station of the Coalition HQ was just a normal base on the inside.
    I'd have expected it to be something like Cadiz or Kyoto.

It's a massive station, true, but it also would be odd to see a hollowed out asteroid interior or pirate insigia on a building inside of a state-run, metal structure. :D

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Doesn't have to be an asteroid.
    I'm talking about making it a station with say, a landing sequence, with shots of the player flying through before eventually landing.

• yo long time no see...all this screenies are awesome...i cant wait for this ( hopefully before it releases i will have a new comp by then )

Originally posted by Alucard84
    yo long time no see...all this screenies are awesome...i cant wait for this ( hopefully before it releases i will have a new comp by then )

Nice to meet you, mate.. and welcome back!:)

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• ALUCAAAARD !!! WB :p yeah yeah nice screenies :D

---------------------------------------ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

• Ha, another DC is returning ,, Welcome Back and nice to meet ya :D

• I see you have had much fun with the starspheres, did you have much trouble wrapping the texture seamlessley? i found that was one of the biggest pains on the ones i worked on :(

Great stuff though!

• no problems at all - but on the other side i dont use the methods that are used by other modders
    Im modding in a different way... in a more effective way (in most cases)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    no problems at all - but on the other side i dont use the methods that are used by other modders
    Im modding in a different way... in a more effective way (in most cases)

lol how sure can you be about that :rolleyes: ?

• very sure considering the existing tutorials and the standard working methods

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I'm relatively certain that I was one of the 1st ppl to successfully create a few starspheres using the traditional format coupled with a little bit of cheating. I would imagine I have a good idea how you avoided the complications of the starsphere by not using the sphere at all...

Never the less if i can dig out some of my old project data i would certainly love to help contribute to any future releases - so many of my concepts and ideas could never happen *edit* this was because I was trying to do all the work by myself - too much work for one dude *edit*. I think i even created a whole new look to the jump-tunnels on jump-hole/gates.

I'm relatively certain that I was one of the 1st ppl to successfully create a few starspheres using the traditional format coupled with a little bit of cheating.

if your first successful tries where done about 3 years ago then you might be correct but to my information people started to build custom (real custom) starpheres about 1 year ago... the only mod which had (real) custom starpheres until that point of time was Crossfire 1.7 which was released 2 1/2 years ago while the original concept was presented by me earlier (as i always tend to present my work to the community to keep them informed about future features)

meanwhile there are several tried of several modding teams to build custom starspheres while the most of those starspheres are nothing but retextured versions of the old starspheres (and in most cases not even good looking ones)
    There also is just one other mod with real custom starpheres (next to CF) out there... and the mod creator got the neccessary knowledge from me
    Other mod creators use tools to edit old starspheres. But nothing else.
    Meanwhile im aware of 4 different methods to create custom starspheres (real ones), 4 methods which lead to different results and visual effects.

Considering the very high numbers and quality of the new starspheres that are already finished for CF1.8 and the meanwhile perfect look of the jump tunnels... I consider such kind of work as "finished".

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The more i hear you speak, the less i want to help, you sound like a little boy with a big chip on his shoulder,

listen, im not trying to steal you glorious thunder and for your divine information it was about 4 to 5 years ago that i made the "Denabe" fully custom starsphere as part of my one-man-band mod (which was too much work for me alone).

That same starsphere was offered to Evo (which sadly evo collapsed) and yes, it was ...wait for it... fully custom and not a re-make.

I am very impressed with the work behind this mod, and full kudos to those behind this piece of art - however I woud rather not get locked into a pi**ing contest with you when all i wanted to do is donate the fruits of my own hard work.

• I'm certainly not out for a drama, far from - but to answer your question the starsphere is exactly what it sounds like - it is the surrounding "scenery" of each system you enter.

I don't know if anyone else has ever tried getting closer to that large hole at one end of Omicron Gamma - but no matter how much you fly, you do not get any closer. This is because your ship will always be in the centre of the starsphere. Although its the "background picture" of that system, it is always anchored to your ship.

• I want to be straight... you came here... offering help.. which i really apreaciate.
    but you also came here pointing out all your incredible work, the concepts that you have done... and all these starspheres during a time where the knowledge about FL modding was very limited (and 5 years ago the neccessary tool to create a working custom starsphere did not even exist)
    so i have to ask myself... if you have done all that stuff... why didnt the FL community see a single custom starsphere or one of your concepts? Not even a screenshot did exist and believe me I know the mods out there and ive been active an all the big FL modding communities since FL was released... actually even longer.
    The only time ive seen you activly taking part in any modding related stuff was about one year ago on one of the early TLR incarnations after MS closed their server. Before that... nothing... after that nothing.

Maybe you are as good as you claim... maybe you have done all the stuff and nobody noticed it... but just alone your question about the troubles with "texture wrapping" and your self presentation without actually showing anything of your work has raised my doubts.

I might be wrong... so please show us what you have done so I either can get rid of my doubts or get them confirmed.
    Oh and the people working on CF are doing it for the community... and not for personal interests.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,