WTF is going on

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by goodone.

• Ok I see 12 people in game having fun, but I keep getting kicked even when I do make it in.

Ironically, the people that were in game when a specific person showed up, are the ones who are being affected.

I hope this is coincidence and not intentional.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Everyone else is encountering this problem m8. It's been like this for a few hours I'm afraid. May be wrong, but what seems most likely is that the 12 people still online are the ones that haven't switched characters or logged off since the problem arose. Whether or not this rather grim problem was intentionally loosed or not is hopefully what the serverpolice will be able to tell us at some point, but if there is anything the rest of us can to do help get things back to normal in the meanwhile, please ask. :O

Answers and resolution will come with time, undoubtedly. Best to keep upbeat about things and find good ways to occupy our time.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• i could login with no problems no continuing trials - login with the first trial.

Also switched chars - until so far - everything was working, missiles, cds etc nothing tracked. No concole command excpet /g /s works - no SP commands availale....

BTW do some trials to login - for some it works after some more trials...

• The more people are having a problem with this, I notice that the majority are west of the Atlantic Ocean ^^ Maybe a server issue on the North American end of the cable... ?

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• problem is on european part as well - getting the problem too.

after a few tries I managed to log on. Everything seemed normal, until I got to Sol. Encountered quite a few DK, but none could stop me with cruise disruptors (I'm in an Osiris, don't know if that's the reason, but I think it's rather due to their missiles not correctly locking on to me)
    30k before Dimensional Rift my FL crashed to Desktop, that was about 21:30 GMT. Haven't been able to log in after that.

So in conclusion I doubt it has something to do with a specific person loggin on. And I definitely doubt it was something intentional - it ain't April 1st after all :D

In OP we trust - hopefully he'll find the problem, that has been nagging us all tonight [7] [9]

• Next update.....now my CF icon is no longer pointing to my .exe. Matter of fact. CF is no longer a valid win32 application....this is not a coincidence.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• did your FL crash by any chance? check the FL app folder, if there's an EXE2 folder. If yes, delete that one and only keep the EXE folder.

EXE\Freelancer.exe => updater/launcher
    EXE2\Freelancer.exe => actual gamefile after successful update

if that's not it, I give up ?(

anyway, time to catch up on some sleep - working day tomorrow

• my system give me a message => COMPONENT 'MSINET.OCX' OR OF ITS DEPENDENCIES NOT CORRECTLY REGISTERED: AFILE IS MISSING OR INVALID

WTF going on...???

• FLhook is not working at the moment this might be the problem as Haegar said while he logged on just half an hour ago.

We have had 3 Players online (i was one of them) and i met Wolfess, she even was able to log in and is from over the Atlantic.

So, this is a problem for all of us - we need to wait with patience please.

btw. the Server crashed just some minutes ago ;)

Click the image above to visit us.

• Everything seems smooth now, FLHook back working

Plastic surgery since 1500 AD

---
    o
    L_
    OL
    This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.

• concerning the title of this thread:

i dont know what happened, but if its gone after a server restart...

if its anything like i have: missing system names or if its a weird installation, an icon without an exe or an error message with "ocx"... i will try a fresh install on my machine to see the names again - tomorrow

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• I'm not having any ploblems with my CF icon, launcher or anything else - seems the server is back online and fully operational... ? xD

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• The past month has been quiet bad and unfortunately I have not been having much time to play on the server. :(

THE FASTEST ONE

• In the words of my cousin: "It's just a blip!" ^^

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - Attributed to General George Patton Jr

• Got the same prob as Gunny - get kicked everytime i try to log on. I don`t even get to the ''Choose Charachter'' window!!!

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.