RP improvements

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by BG_Slayer.

• saturday night there was a small meeting in x-3043 with members of various clans
    we tried too adress some probs that we currently have on the server especially for new players
    this is the outcome:

1. its not good to give new ppl alot of money and equipment
    it is better to let them work for it, this way those guys wont get bored that fast and stay on CF longer
    also too much information about where hidden stuff can be found is no real option

2. the F1 fine is problematic for new players coz they might loose all their money and leave the server because of that
    as a result of the meeting the f1 fine was reduced to 1000$ and the serverpolice will deal with f1 abusers individually
    as of the release of CF1.8 i will try to implement a F1 blocker into the FL code... that means you can use F1 only if you are docked
    this should improve RP since nobody can run away anymore or jump to systems by choosing other chars and the discussions about abuse will stop
    the alt+f4 will be handled in a different way (serversided)

3. the pirates complained that pure pirate rp is not lucrative enough due to the fact that players prefere to get killed instead of paying tax and that the loot from the trains is not high enough
    for some reason only a part of the cargo seems to be dropped
    and i agree that it should be more... i will look into this and if possible raise the amount that can get looted

4. the bounty system has been set to merc bounty only now... that means only ppl with merc licence can collect bounties
    it would be good if someone could test if its working correctly

the other 2 rp factions (police and smugglers) dont seem to have any problems... the smugglers usually have high profits if they can bring though their cargo and the police simply have fun hunting others

5. roleplay difficulties
    currently only the normal roleplay is done and asf/csf is completly ignored due the fact that ppl dont really know how those 2 kinds of roleplay work together (even after i explained it several times)
    result will be that we seperate those roleplay styles in future and turn asf/csf into a monthly server event

the idea was to run normal roleplay for 3 weeks a month and the 4th week asf/csf event
    of course you still can run the normal roleplay in the 4th week if you want but you should be aware that the kills will be counted as ASF/CSF kills
    There will be a monthly announcement at LR (we simply ignore the fact that LR is going to limit its FL support) calling players to the CF server for this event. That of course means we have to open the ASF/CSF also to non-server clans and freelancers.
    but the advantages are worth it imo
    we get more players to the server by running an long term event on regular basis in a way no other server can offer it and having advertisement on LR on a regular basis
    this might attract players which havent played CF before and after that week they might be interested to stay... or come for the next event one month later
    the event itself will be how we already know it... gaining control over territories and so on
    due to freelancers being able to attend the balancing of the sides shouldnt be that hard
    but we need to find out a way to register players for the event and hand out licences (ill think about that later)
    clan should play together and decide for which side they want to play (its not good to have a clan seperated)

if running this event once a month is too much we could also run it every 2-3 months
    but we will see

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Just 2 things OP:

1rst: The merc system is working perfectly.

2nd: I dont agree with the "block F1 in space thing" for several reasons.

Mines are these:
    If i want to make auto transfer of things like weapons or stuff like that even cargo, i wont be able as i have to stay docked to be able to switch to the other character...and also if I want to suicide not to make all the way back It wont be possible.

Also if im travelling to altair and i have to quit in the middle of the way...how would i?
    Also in times that server is crashing we use F1 in nomad hunt event like a kind of "save game".

I know OP that the objective of doing it is for RP improvement and i agree with the objective, but not with the solution.

• Since DD is a mercenary CSF clan, there is a problem cause we need to have the CSF licences mounted but with them mounted we cant have merc licences mounted to take console bountyes.

So how are we to handle this?

Buy a ticket, take a ride! [45]

DD BlackOps Hassassin

• gonzo, i put merc licence yesterday instead of CSF cuz of console bounties, think for now we carry merc licences...

@OP, - i see ur ideas are very good and i agree with that f1 stuff just try to figure out what to do when we r on the way to altair...
    - and to improve smugglers RP(cuz atm there is no real smuggler clan), would be interesting imO to make the same thing as for mercs and bounties- BMG can buy only chars with smugglers licence mounted!

regrads

Keep on rockin'... 8) Iceman[Fleet Admiral]
    Maverick, Goose

we need to have the CSF licences mounted but with them mounted we cant have merc licences mounted to take console bountyes.

A perfect example of the utility of a dual-license mode (advertised in the CF 1.7 update some time ago...).

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Well,

some good results OP.

1. new players: I advice all of you in space not to give new ppl lots of money. If you wanna do something for them just help them in making money provide them with tips and if they are saying "Hey but i want to be a pirate or Merc or what else" describe the other RPs to show them the individuality of all RPs and hold them on the server not for some weeks in your clan - making money as a newbie is not that hard as some of you might think.

2. Gonzo if ASF/CSF is working only for a seperated Time just change your Licences. OP has written in the 1.8 description, that the 2. licence slot will come so it´s a question of time to do so.

3. F1 in Space. Any reason not to stop it will be a reason against more RP. We would stop several issues with it. If you need to transfer things just ask any known player. For example, even when i have a non friendly RP to Pirates i ever would help them when asked and im completely sure that most of you would do it too. When F1 is blocked and you suicide Titio where would be the problem to be back on your last docking position - nothing will change i guess?!

The Altair thing is not as hard - because if u can´t go today bec. you haven´t got enough time just go tomorrow or deal it with your girlfriend to stay online as long as you need ^^.

You post the Problems here - and it´s ok of course, but please all of you should have a look to the advantages!

The F1 out for saving positions won´t be that hard you would start at the last Jumphole or Gate when the server crashed and in Nomads Lair it´s not far away from the Mothership - i´m sure Lashan would provide the ppl with an additional minute ;)

We would even solve the two trains issue with it and of course when hunted the runner would get some additional minutes and the hunter would be sure that he can realy bring his hunt to an end.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Kerm i feel a " quit F1 at all coast" in your words m8 and i respectfully dont agree with it. You all know that most of the time we are playing and something comes up, like a m8 that need help somewhere else in space or RL issues that makes you suddenly stop the game to take care of them, well if you quit the "non docked" F1 you will quit all that also...and im sorry but im not going to stop my RL issues to go somewhere to dock...i dont think is normal.

Other solutions could be improved, i think SP with the properly screenies can deal with F1 rol play users, and OP wont have to waste his time hard coding...

AH about the 2 train thing...i dont find it a problem at all, i dont know why people have a problem with it...if you want people to smuggle everyday give them dayly routes, if you want them to legal trade, well 2 trains is legal trade...what the problem with it?

• kermit has spoken and ive nothing more to add besides that this is not a discussion... its a decision

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• all very good ideas but i doubt will improve anyones RP and i beleive would cause othere problems to (eg people quitting game just to get away and restarting on another char)but we will see, it seems as though the real problem is not being addressed just being swept under and hope it goes away. The only real problem with the F1 fine is that people were getting money taken away from then for being killed and also getting fined for F1 even when they never F1.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

Originally posted by BG_slayer
    The only real problem with the F1 fine is that people were getting money taken away from then for being killed and also getting fined for F1 even when they never F1.

workaround to not get fined after a PvP: wait for respawn 3 mins.

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• I think a lot of the conclusions were quite clever and will assist in improving RP. I especially loved seeing the part about bounties only being collectable by mercs. It had been getting annoying when bounties were being placed on a person and one of their clan mates would always kill them and split the money. It was quite counterproductive. What an amazing solution to both bolster the Merc RP and prevent abuse of bounty hunting. :D

The F1 lock will be a flop though. It will not do the task it was meant to, and force people to either dock or force-quit the application every time they want to either switch chars or leave. I second Tito's concerns regarding this feature, and somewhat agree with Slayer. In the end this will do nothing to help RP. What will help RP is people playing with honor and dedication to their roles.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• I wont comment on the F1 issue. All sides of the issue have been examined already.

I would like to say BRAVO for the splendid ideas for RP.
    The merc only console bounties, brilliant!
    The ASF/CSF made into a monthly event, brilliant! Now all can participate in the huge battles everyone loves. Very good for the new players to enjoy CF and want to stay.
    Good to see the Pirate RP being looked at so Pirates can make more $ and have great fun Pirating.

Very Well Done!!

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

Originally posted by Argos
    Is there a way to turn off bounty kills in arena?

well, i implemented license restrictions to the bounty system in May/June, which recently were turned on. but system restrictions r not included...

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• I agree with all the othere ideas i think they are well planned and thought of its just the F1 bit that botheres me and by the looks of it a few othere people to, I fully agree with Marshall people should play with honour accept otheres RP and also to play there own RP somthing that has been lacking for sometime now, Like i said in X3043 that night IOC are the main clan that have been carrying out very good RP along with CFPD and BG but the othere seem to be doing there own thing, Bring back Train hunt bring back system blockades just some of the examples where we all use to have fun.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator