Future Project

There are 97 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by teempade04.

• you mean like human controlled bases a la Rochester base in NY? Players can dock at, rest and rearm?

Please make it moor friendly.

nearly, pls check this thread: link

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Thanks for letting me know that the Continuum project is alive again SWATOP. Just tried the demo.. amazing!! So much potential!! :)

As much as I'm looking forward to Star Citizen I doubt I'll enjoy it as much as Freelancer. A new FL fan game with updated graphics and new story elements but with the old style FL interface and mechanics would be a dream come true.

BGx3xEC.gif
    Blake's Sanctum:

- Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, Quest for Glory IV-3D Hexen, & Star Wars Civilization 2
    - Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer , Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games

Edited once, last by Blake00 ().

• glad you like it so far

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Out of curiosity what engine was the original demo below built in. Looks different but I can't tell if it's unity as well.

Freelancer 2 - YouTube

Amazing to think this video is 5 years old now as it still looks great today. Especially that red planet background.

BGx3xEC.gif
    Blake's Sanctum:

- Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, Quest for Glory IV-3D Hexen, & Star Wars Civilization 2
    - Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer , Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games

• Out of curiosity what engine was the original demo below built in. Looks different but I can't tell if it's unity as well.

Freelancer 2 - YouTube

Amazing to think this video is 5 years old now as it still looks great today. Especially that red planet background.

How i haven't see this video earlier xd. Damn it looks really awesome. The scale is just perfect. You have a feeling, like that liberty ship is danger, even thou it's not the biggest one. Just nice.

Unfortinatly, the project stopped or?

"Only the strongest will survive!"

• Its also Unity but it was a different approach.
    That demo back then only should prove that it is possible to import FL models and complex custom models into an environment that allowed a gameplay similar to FL.
    It also was possible to have a coop MP mode. I also tested shaders in this environment back then.

The restarted project mainly focused on getting the basics done first. Interfaces, logical structures which allow players to travel between systems or dock on stations, AI, hardpoints.
    How to render nebulas (which is tricky).

Since i can no longer find the source code of the original project I had to start at 0.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Someone just posted something rather interesting in the Freelancer  FB group.. this guy is (or was lol) doing some similar to what you were doing SWAT_OP-R8R and putting FL assets into a modern engine except he was using unreal engine 4 instead of unity. His original thread is on the Discovery forum and I think it's public as I was able to view it while logged out of my forum account so you guys should be able to see it.

Freelancer: Unreal Engine 4

No activity for a while though.. and he says he's got no experience coding AI.. all these fan remake stop being fun when they're not playing with graphics haha.. thats when so many go dark lol. He knows his stuff when it comes to lighting and atmosphere though..

16D6lC4.png

lyXakOq.jpg

Z5PS6B0.jpg

b5YWmNo.png

LWDdyGz.png

DgBkNmy.jpg

3RSUBcw.jpg

Space station bar and ship dealer:

Landing on an ice planet base:

Asteroids and weapons:

BGx3xEC.gif
    Blake's Sanctum:

• Awesome 8| If this project could be revived and united with the concepts of Continuum (link1, link2), that would be Freelancer fans' ultimate dream game...

Agreed :):)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• getting assets into a different game engine is no big deal

but its much more difficult to reproduce gameplay elements

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Not so dead after all.. I commented on one of his videos and he has replied saying he's still working on it and will be posting a new update soon.

But yeah as I said before if its just one guy playing with graphics and no team this project can only really go so far sadly.

BGx3xEC.gif
    Blake's Sanctum: