Posts by wombat1940

Apologies, I meant "Freelancer with Crossfire 2.0 mod".

No, No ……. that's fine. Thanks.

Looks like Crossfire on the Notebook works just fine, unlike I thought (and hence posted the video), but something is wrong with Freelancer on the Tablet.

Right …… but when you say "wrong on the Tablet", what do you mean? Maybe that Juni is not in the bar?

When I get the tablet fixed, I'm going to reinstall Freelancer from the Disk which I have with me in Bali. [Can't travel without it, it means so much to me …….]

Then I'll have a genuine Freelancer game (on the Tablet) and a genuine FL+CF2.0 game on the Notebook.

That clip was shot while playing Crossfire. Trent's and Juni's outfits may be different depending on the choices made during mod activation.

For example, see the pictures of "Crossfire Trent" and "Original Trent" in this topic: Crossfire 2.0 - Mod options

Oh that's good and explains a lot that I'd forgotton. Thanks

Here is how the singleplayer campaign should begin in FL+CF 2.0:

I need to understand what do you mean by "FL+CF2.0" ?

The video clip you show is what I see in FL (or at least I think it is …….). Can't fully check at the moment because of the problem with my Tablet (see post above).

When I play the alternative CF.20 video clip (on my Notebook), Trent is dressed differently and has facial tattoos.

Yeah, if you want to play the Crossfire Campaign, you have to finish the Original one first, mate.

Ok ………

As for Juni, if you're right in the very beginning of the Campaign and you already spoke to her in the bar, go to the Armory, that's where she is waiting for you.

[Remembering I have: Freelancer running on my Tablet and CF2.0 running on my Notebook.]

In CF2.0 (on my Notebook) when Trent goes to the bar for the first time, Juni is sitting with "friend" and when he (Trent) speaks to her she directs him to the Armory. No problem.

In Freelancer (on my Tablet) when I go to the Bar for the first time, Juni is not there. Trent cannot and has not spoken to her. Why is she not there?

However, at the moment I'm having trouble playing on the Tablet. Its decided to lock me out of Desktop mode. It only works in Tablet mode even though the keyboard is attached to the Tablet and Desktop mode selected. The keyboard cannot input any key strokes which makes it in possible to play Freelancer. :( Just my luck …….

Yes, the Original Freelancer Campaign and the Crossfire one that continues the story.

That's very interesting as maybe I never played the CF2.0 Campaign. I played the Freelancer Campaign from the disk which I still have. Well …. I thought I did ….. I'm sure I did ……. (me and my bloody memory, or the lack of it. Ha!)

Did you take the mission prior to launch? And the leveling up is increased in Crossfire, that's why you instantly moved to level 2.

In CF2.0 I did, but hadn't taken any missions in Freelancer and that's where I thought achieved level 2 upon launching.

And in Freelancer, where is Juni ? She's not in the Bar.

Thanks.

I was able to get Freelancer running on my Tablet and CF2.0 (OpenSP unchecked) on my Notebook.

I commenced the Campaign in CF2.0 and found Juni in the bar in Manhattan. There was also a CF2.0 promotional billboard running on the side of a building as I landed in Manhattan.

This, of course, was not the case with the Freelancer Campaign running on the Tablet, in fact, I'm unsure it was the Campaign at all! Trent was dressed very differently, looked different without his CF2.0 tattoo, Juni was not in the bar and when I took-off from Manhattan, I instantly moved to level 2.

Are there two different Campaigns? A Freelancer one and a CF2.0 one? Thanks

Hello Wombat1940,

if you would like to start the single-player campaign (from level 1), you need only to un-tick the "OpenSP" option in Launcher settings (no need to reinstall the game).

Hope this helps!

I also have "Freelancer" installed on another computer. But where are the Launcher setting in Freelancer, even making the simple choice of playing in SP or MP modes? And what about Windows mode or non-Windows mode? Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your memory, mate... it's ok to forget things about any games, after all... they are virtual (i.e. not real), so... the things in Real Life matter, as the game itself here does not matter, but the people who are behind it and in this community.

Unfortunately my very poor memory does extend into my normal life, however …….. playing Freelancer and CF2.0 again, will be like a new experience so it does have some +ve's. It just makes it hard to build on previously leant experiences. Fortunately, I haven't forgotten how to read or write. Ha! But mastering simple tasks here at the Forum have to be constantly re-learnt. :frown: Like: "Quoting", which I now achieved with this post. :thumbsup:

Thanks Ili'.

No I wouldn't map everything again. But I would complete the campaigns. I have a very bad memory (hospital induced) and have forgotten anything about the campaigns. (Although the name Hovis does ring a bell …… Ha!). The mapping was completed in conjunction with Martind Forlon who wrote the System Info for each System. Both are available at WIKI.

I currently play Freelancer and CF2.0 as Wombat1940 and have completed all campaigns and visited and mapped every System in SP. This has all been done over the last 8 years. I would now like to again commence, totally from the beginning of Freelancer, as if a so called novice player. At the moment when I commence CF2.0 as a new player it takes me straight to level 18, I assume because it knows I've already completed the Freelancer Campaign. However, maybe CF2.0 starts at level 18. I can't remember. :tired:

Irrespective, do I need to reinstall Freelancer and then CF2.0 to achieve a totally novice start, or can I achieve the same within my current single setup? Thanks.

Unfortunately I've been away from ED for about 6 mths, having only played it for 6 mths previously. I was just getting into it, but 6 mths absence is fatal for me because of my very poor short term memory. I've had a similar experience with CF2.0, for which I've made a small contribution producing System Maps and posting the same at WIKI. Its a matter of starting again with CF2.0 and/or ED which is very sad in the case of CF2.0 as it prevents me building on what I already new, but now forgotten. :hmmmm: So I think its back to ED and having to re-learn a lot less than I would for CF2.0. Such it is for an old man about to turn 80. ;)

Sorry …… bit off thread topic ….. just needed to let it out. :tommy:

I'm always nervous about doing any updates. I assume you mean doing that " ….. do you want to update before opening ….. " or something like that at start up. I worry the update will corrupt my perfectly ok version. You need to remember you a talking to a complete computer tech. novice and I think I'm one of many. I just don't understand and in truth don't really want to. Just let me play CF2.0. Should I constantly update? <X

I have found this a very revealing thread. Taught me a few lessons, revived my confidence in Moderators which was seriously flagging (sorry about that). I feel comfortable here again. Not them and us as I was feeling. When it was needed, we all pulled together. We were able to "talk about things". OP really contributed which I really appreciated. I still don't agree with all he says, however we can talk about it in an objective manner. Its all been good and I hope maybe others see things in a different light. A good one I hope. I love this mod. Its brought me so many happy hours in SP, unarmed, totally neutral, no enemies, mapping the Freelance universe. As I'm about to turn 80, I need something like that. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Back to sleep ……… ;)