New server rule suggestion.

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gunny.

• To avoid situations like mine. (Being accused of cheating when, in fact, I was not.)

The new rule should be: If at any time someone is accused of cheating or hacking then all RP or fighting between the person or people in question must stop and the accused person's ship must be first checked out by a server police or by the player making the accusation. This includes weapon scans and testing the ships flight and cruise speed. If the accused person refuses then he is subject to be banned.

Summary: If you think someone is cheating, take 10 seconds out of your life and ask them to submit to an examination. If they refuse, then ban them.

If Gunny would have agreed not to blow me up, I would have GLADLY let him examine my ship with his SP char. It would have avoided all of this mess and I wouldnt have been banned. This rule would prevent people from beign wrongfuly banned like me.

• Can we ban Wedge for spamming the forum?

If not his suggestion sounds reasonable.

Did they ask you to stop and did u stop or did u run?

Furthermore, I suspect one of the reasons you may not have been given an option is that you freely admit breaking the rules re entering clan systems and no one would blame BG and its allies for shooting u on sight.

• i doubt that you are in the position to suggest such a rule

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i tried it thousand times to ask ppl, nearly everyone runs, tries to dock or switch chars

when you dont use a chance to stop someone,
    you dont get a second one. (and i know ppl who laugh at you, because the passed...)

you want it so! now you directly get killed, than i maybe tell you why you died

[angel] Give me your hand and follow me into the light! [angel]

MSN: MarcBomber@arcor.de (no mail)
    IRC: irc.quakenet.org:6667 #Bomber

[SIZE=1] Post last edited by MarcBomber on 11.09.2005, 10:01 AM. [/SIZE]

• Wedge

this is standard procedure that all SP follow. of course if any player that will allow themselves to be tested by an SP, at the time in question, co-operates without any form of argument whatsoever. if any argument/question of judgement is offered by that certain player then EXPECT to kicked and banned for at least 24hrs so that ADMIN may examine the players files and evidence, if any, can be gathered.

Gunny is head of SP, and as such only answers to OP himself. his judgement has proved to be exemplary in the past. bear this in mind when questioning his accusaions. but like all of us here we are all falable, with this in mind keep AN OPEN MIND. as we SP have to.

i hope this matter can be resolved ammicably for both parties and we can put this behind us^^

this is purely my opinion as SP, without being there at the incident and only being privvy to the statements made on this forum.

a word of advise: NEVER call for an SP to be banned again m8, if it was me i'd ban you just for that. i can be just as strict as gunny, if im pushed that hard.

BTW, ive been playing FL since its release date too. this was my first online server, first online game. ive experienced many servers since then and i will garuantee that there are servers out there that would ban you for a lot less.
    this server is the best FL mod server i have played, and will ever play. OP has created something here that is true to FL in every respect and he keeps on expanding and improving the experience. Dont make this incident as reason that may put you off this server, or start you off on the wrong foot, you will be truly missing out.

• Listen, he didnt stop and ask to examine me. Had he asked me I would have gladly let him do so, but instead he got on his SP char to see if I was modding. He checked and of course I was not so he got even angrier that an unmodded player slipped past him. He began telling me he can use his SP char to see where I am at all times and drop my ship wherever he wants. So this is a matter of pride here. There is no proof I was cheating because 1) I wasnt cheating and 2) after seing another post on this forum about the speed mod not being compatable with the CF mod I loaded it up on my mod manager and tried to play FL. My game wont even load and I get a Windows error message. 3) There is proof, however, that I was not cheating. Ask the 2 IOC chars I listed in my other thread if they noticed anything unusual about my ship. Let me and the entire server know the answer when you get it from them. I will ask them myself and take a screenshot and post it here for all to see if I must.

I did not keep entering there system. Wedge made it through to X so I docked on planet Crossfire. Wedge_2 was docked in Custodian and then I was moving him to X. When I got into X the DK dock raped me and I respawned in Custodian, I tried to get into X again...I got killed by DK again...so I RESPAWNED in Custodian and went back to New York. You people are so blind, you let one SP see for you when there is more than enough evidence to prove I wasnt hacking.

speed mod + crossfire = almost impossible. Quoted from [LP]Blaster

http://www.swat-portal.net/php…be1603ea3c7d837673&page=2

• i just ask myself what proof and what facts he is talking about

the fact that he does say that it did not work is no proof
    the fact that blaster does not know how to bypass the cheat protection is no proof at all (i would know how to bypass something like this and others might know this aswell)

he better should accept the decision and stop discussing about it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Wedge, Dopple hit the nail on the head in his entire statement to you.

I offer good advice to you, you need to PM the Admin directly and talk directly to him. Cease posting on this forum as you are only losing your case.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.