The Economy between Trading materials and Pods

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• I recently start playing the mod both Single player and Multiplayer . And is a blast .

The single player mode offer the experience of the rp original game with a large adjust that the mods offer , While the Multiplayers offer the experience of being able to do everything from the start with no restriction . I just love the no restriction and able to play with others:)

One of the things that i learned is that Trading materials/items is not even close to escape-Pods farming .

1 Hour in the new york System i nearly got 4 + millions with just a Defender-ship

The same time on another gameplay focused on trading was not even close to 1 million not only because the trade routes that change every day and sometimes becomes not even worth but because the cargo-limit-spave is way to low on the ships .

The prices of a early single escape-Pod is close to 40-60k from Corporal-Sergeant . And at start you can easily farm them at the point you break the game within few 2/3 hours .

The prices of the Material/trading with cargo-limit and especially at the start make an unenjoyable experience no matter how much you try .I learned the routes and got the best early freighter Dromedary with 275 cargo space.

No matter what i tried the trading option is having a bad design (at least in the 1st 3 hours that i played-that just made me quit) . It's like playing on a mode that every effort give 6 to 10x less benefits from the escape-missons option.

I understand that late game you can buy better ships with 1.5k 2k cargo but at least the start is not appealing at all .

Hope to see some improvements at least in some ships that make people like me that love the rp elements have a better start rather than focusing only on killing just because the benefits are 6-10x more .

Cheer for this amazing mods (really insane the things that have been added over the years).

• I am pretty sure that the profit margin of trading can be much higher than that.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Normal trade /and mind its in certain moments on different places/ Im doing no less than a 1.5 to 2.4 mills per minute...and its not necessarily by train/2500 cargo hold/...ur best option is to contact a smuggler , get him a beer and ask for tips:P

good luck and see u in space mate

• Welcome in Crossfire! Aomine

Smugglers usually know theirs stuff ... as it was the case also for police officers :) ...

In case that you want to find your own way for making fortunes via trading, check this: Introduction to smuggling - SWAT Portal, including links added to that article.

Now few general informations:

• Each commodity have its own need for cargo space (ie. some like alien organisms needs only 0.5 cargo space, so trader ship with 400 cargo can carry 800 AOs, and some comodities may need for example 2 cargo space, so trader ship with 400 cargo can carry 200 those)
    • There is hard set period (less as month) which uses dynamic economy for change prices across all stations. You can ask around or gather own experient by yourself, thing is that revealing a way how dynamic economy works is crucial for become really rich in Crossfire :) or how to be very efficient in doing most of forms of RP on the Corssfire server.
    • Cargo in form of commodites is always lost when is your ship destroyed. To be neutral with NPCs faction is for trader a common routine, in case of MP you may also need to deal with players ... which depends about how many are on server and how much are some in mood for chase :) ... that was personally my most liked part of play CF ... basic info for server RP: Server staff: Crossfire 2.0 RP overview
    • There is however one cargo which is safe against destruction and this is Cargo Container ... check wiki entry for more information.
    • Some commmodities also can be mined (under some circumentstances it may give quite decent income/time
    • Some of small stations allow also docking for large ships (like most commonly used soulforge train)
    • in MP you can also cooperate with other players via transfering cargo between small and large ship, which can also make nice profit in some cases, like when you have good buy source on planet and small station nearby which buy commodity for big money :) . These occasions are rare, but can be time very efficient for making profit and are also quite safe even in case of hostile server RP encounters.

In case of MP you have two options how to get perfect knowledge about actual market prices, becasue SP and MP shares the same market prices. So you can use your SP character (or gamesave) where you will have strored goods of your choice (and ideally have visited all stations) and look there what is the best trade for a day, OR you can make new character in MP which will be used for this role. While playing in smuggler clan or with experienced smuggler ... there was commonly available information about good daily trading oprtunities.

... trading can make you money MUCH faster as selling pods, you will however need to do some preparations for this :)