Crossfire - Upcoming changes, upcoming content

There are 277 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• I just released a small patch allowing borderless window to be moved on the screen.

For this you only have to press ALT+SPACE and select the move option. Now you can freely move the window using the arrow keys. Hit enter when done.

I think that is the most elegant way to have the benefits of borderless + the option to freely place the window.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Dx10/11/12 shader (V2) option now is available

needs to be tested

shader preset 1 has been toned down in brightness

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I just did a quick test of the new shaders. First of all, let me mention that I got a slight FPS drop from a stable 144 (which I locked) to a little over 100, but also stable without affecting the game, no lag, no sudden drops in fps, so the game runs smoothly. What is important is that the colors are good, in my opinion, brighter is better, unlike the old shader where everything was much darker. Just docking at the stations looks better, you can see more details, it's cleaner and without errors, which by the way were a lot on the old shader, to be honest. For those who like to watch the complete animation of entering the station, the experience is much better, or maybe I didn't pay attention to it before. In combat, seeing more details makes it easier to spot and hit the target, I guess because everything is brighter. Overall, I'm super happy with this, I haven't noticed any major flaws. I would like to mention that I personally prefer a brighter environment, maybe someone likes it more when it is darker.

• I just finished checking all the starspheres (skyboxes) in the mod.

17 of them either got some detail improvements or got completely reworked.

patch is out

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• a small preview in a relative early state:

The video quality sucks for some reason. Dunno why.

It is more or less an early draft to test functionality and design. Some stuff of the current launcher will be used but the code behind will be much cleaner and faster.

As you can see I have the intention of having such a fancy animated news ticker at the very bottom. It is intended to display the dynamic universe news right there and allowing players to get more detailed info when clicking on the headline.

On the left side is going to be a foldable vertical menu with all the important links a player might need (forum, ticketsystem, FAQ, Wiki, guides, etc.).

The middle part that already exists today will only contain info about mod features. First tab = general mod informatoin. 2nd tab = singleplayer info with story etc. 3rd tab = info about multiplayer features, 4th tab = dunno yet (maybe info about installation and settings).

On the right side there only will be access to the discord server and a way to donate for CF. More probably is not needed anymore.

The info pages will use a template with similar design to what already is used on the old launcher. Currently only the Crossfire Storyline page serves as test template. The implementation is a bit better.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Saturday patch = shader update

Todays patch = a good bunch of improved base interiors (with that all of Liberty should be done now)

In theory only a few DK base interiors and some props like some tables and chairs still need to be done.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Since yesterday a "skeleton" of the new launcher design is online

BUT

lots of stuff that worked perfectly fine in my local test environment refuses to work when applied to the launcher.

Thats is why lots of stuff on the new launcher is buggy, looks strange or simply refuses to work.

I can't tell why that is the case but will leave the new version online so I can try to figure out the problems in a live environment.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Laucher seems to work well with all the options present and looks great. But it seems that clicking on any option opens 3 tabs in the browser, not that im complaining, I have enough RAM and more than enough, but there are people whose computers have problems with that. One question offtopic it seems that when I click on the gamma options in the game it gets even darker, do the shaders have locked settings and I shouldn't actually be touching them? I'm currently using those trial dx10,11,12 v2 shaders and overall I'm happy. I would like it to be even brighter, that's why I picked gamma options but nothing is perfect :D

• I managed to fix most of the stuff... mostly by rebuilding it a different way.

The broken style elements are working. Newsticker is fixed. Half of the animations are fixed.

The launcher software apparently does not support all modern instruction sets, therefore lots of stuff requires workarounds and alternative implementations of the original code.

Atm I am aware of 3 animations not working correctly but fixing that has low priority (ill take a look into that later).

The issue with the links opening into your browser should be fixed now. I wrote a small function to make sure that stuff that needs to be opened inside the launcher will not forwarded to the default browser (to be honest I don't understand why the launcher did it in first place).

All links leading to the forum, wiki, etc. of course still will open one external browser window since displaying that stuff inside the small launcher makes no sense.

Lots of stuff still only exists as placeholders and will be filled with content soon.

The newsticker apparently is doing its job but it is not fetching the news from the CF server yet. I have already written an update function that deals with it but I would want to activate it when I am 100% that everything else on the launcher is working correctly. Until then the ticker will display a few placeholder news.

I am open for suggestions regarding menu structure and stuff/info that should be added to the launcher. I am sure that the current layout is not 100% perfect yet. Its more or less a first draft.

<SF>Jericho

The gamma option on the game menu are separate from the shader option.

If you want to increase brightness you will have to open the shader options (home key) and do changes there.

Assuming you are on preset-1 it is very likely that the HDR option is causing your screen to go darker. Try to disable it or fine tune it. You can save the shader option or create a completely new one which fits your needs.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ive quickly tested new launcher and it works well. I have only comments to the launcher's overal look. To me it seems like central three squares and CF news network do not fit into overal design or together with other parts. Dunno, it could be just texts colour difference or some small detail like that nice red line below top crossfire text which is only there. Also icons on the right opens separatelly, icons on the right side opens all at once. ... however, it is just 1st look feeling, Im not sure what exactly feels to me disruptive.

• The color of the news ticker can be adjusted to a red if that is what you mean.

Dunno exactly how to understand the part with the icons.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ive quickly tested new launcher and it works well. I have only comments to the launcher's overal look. To me it seems like central three squares and CF news network do not fit into overal design or together with other parts. Dunno, it could be just texts colour difference or some small detail like that nice red line below top crossfire text which is only there. Also icons on the right opens separatelly, icons on the right side opens all at once. ... however, it is just 1st look feeling, Im not sure what exactly feels to me disruptive.

Ok it seams that louncher not working same for everybody for me its perfect if someone like to look i provided small video as attachment. Sending as zip file Louncher preview.zip

• it should look the same for everyone

I changed the news color from orange to red

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• <SF>Jericho

The gamma option on the game menu are separate from the shader option.

If you want to increase brightness you will have to open the shader options (home key) and do changes there.

Assuming you are on preset-1 it is very likely that the HDR option is causing your screen to go darker. Try to disable it or fine tune it. You can save the shader option or create a completely new one which fits your needs.

Ok i didn't know i can tweak shader but that resolved my problem i completely remove HDR i mean i unticked 2 squers and now im satisfied. Shader option window is a bit hard to navigate but i menaged with keyboard ty for a tip

• it should look the same for everyone

I changed the news color from orange to red

Really much better. :sehrgut:

For icon part mentioned earlier:

Left icon.jpg Right icon.jpg

Different icons size is understandable, but there is much more (shape, highlighting), the same is only used font. Right part is created as two buttons, left as sidebar ... imo design used for right part is looking better .... but that red background used for left panel chosed button is a good one, I like it.

Left panel alone have upper part background different (first three rows) to the rest.

Edit: btw, that preset 1 looks really good :hutab:

• I tried to separate the left menu items a bit.

Having the informational stuff on a darker background. MP stuff on top... general/singleplayer info below.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The mod news area (middle part) in theory should now be able to fetch topics from the forum. (experimental)

The idea is to have important discussions, announcements or patch notes being displayed inside the launcher but maintained centrally on the forum.

Its not perfectly working yet. It atm only loads on opening the link a 2nd time (dunno why) and I am not sure yet on how it updates the topics.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The new launcher is crip man, not as much of a mess as it used to be; shaders working flawlessly & everything so far working as expected - I'm currently on the Utopia mission (Which I had graphical issues with before (Invisible Elements on ALLY side) so I'll letcha know how we look.

Outer Dyson Sphere fixed and no "Clipping" elements now

Just finished Utopia mission i had problems to navigate thry that planet fragments to find jump hole cos was a bit dark there. But with no errors or gliches or something similar. Well i forget to mention something when i was fighting 3rd ancient drone i was accidentally pushed inside of that bubble shield oround that machine where fight started. I didn't believe what is happening but after 2 min strugle i menaged to finally get free and escape the rest of drones. Drones cant hit me inside but also i cant use my weapons at all. First time easy finish that mission with 2 nemesis missiles 4 gatlings and 2 sunslays.