Having trouble with deactivating and re-activating mod crossfire 2.0

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hello, I'm new here but I've encountered a problem. First of all, the mod was working great...before I found out there were options to change and mess around with. I didn't see any way to change the options but then I read you have to do so while activating the mod. So I deactivated the mod and it errored out while deactivating. I uninstalled the freelancer game, mod, and then went to the folders and manually deleted them.

I re-installed everything in order (game first, then mod manager, and finally the crossfire mod) but when I went into the mod manager, it says the mod is still active (even though it's clearly not)! I try to deactivate it, but it says it can't deactive as it won't properly deactivate. I don't know what to do or how to fix this and now I can't play the mod.

• I think there's an option to somehow "clear" the installation for FLMM. Perhaps it's "restore backups". As in, delete everything except FLMM (I also don't think deleting FLMM itself was necessary), press "restore backups", dismiss the error message. Alternatively, delete and reinstall FL, use "switch FL directory" and switch to where you installed it.

Alternatively x2, install clean FL again and use the new installer that bypasses FLMM altogether:

P.S. I am not sure how all those FLMM commands are actually called since I haven't touched FLMM in about 2 years.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited once, last by Ajay ().

• Ok I changed the directory and put the game, mod, and mod manager on a different drive. I got it to activate the mod and I chose my options, but now when I load crossfire it is at a blank crossfire load menu and it says "error server update". I am totally lost and am this close to just formatting my machine. I can't believe this all started from me simply wanting to deactivate the mod and change some options, if I had known it was going to cause such a headache I would have never attempted it.

EDIT The quote system on this forum is weird and I can't delete the post. It is making it look like you said this.

Edited once, last by Ajay: Quote thingy fixed :) ().

• Actually "error server update" is not on your end. CF update server has been relocated recently and your old-issue launcher is attempting to contact the old location. Here's the fix:

if I had known it was going to cause such a headache I would have never attempted it.

And this is exactly why I haven't touched FLMM for about 2 years.

Edited once, last by Ajay ().

• Huh, of all the luck they release an update to a mod that hasn't been touched in 5 years...yesterday. lol, and I just started playing it a week ago, thinking they were done with updates. Not bashing the mod makers! Just saying it's bad luck on my part. I'm re-downloading the mod but the updated one and let's see if this one works better. I'll let you know either way if it's working or not. I've been fighting this for 3 hours now, I hope it works.

• I'm re-downloading the mod but the updated one and let's see if this one works better.

Again, keep in mind that you need a clean FL install for this one.

• Well, the release of a new installer has been discussed here, you just stumbled on this right after everything was more or less wrapped up.

• Greetings cptncankles , enjoy play now. With new installer you should be able easily test different settings without need to reinstall vanilla FL or bother with FLMM ?

And in installer is also link leading to page with previews of settings: Mod installer settings preview - SWAT Portal

• just want to point out that i released a major content updated each year since the original 2.0 release. (Strange mod creators)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• just want to point out that i released a major content updated each year since the original 2.0 release. (Strange mod creators)

Ahh, I must have found an old version a week ago because it said the released was Oct 2015. I admit, I'm new to all this but an old fan of freelancer vanilla.

• Two quick questions;

1. So if I want to make changes to the options, I just click the re-install of the mod to swap settings now?

2. Where do I get a copy of that catchy install tune? :D

Dunno about this second question, but for the this first one: it works quite simple: it will make new fresh mod installation with new settings. But because you do need anymore bother with vanilla install, and also with numerous other things (like FLMM), you need only small fragment of previously necessary time, for it.

• 1. yep, just use the new installer to change options

2. probably nowhere

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!