crossfire updater

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Argos.

• hi, something has just started and unclear why. i,m in game regularly and for some reason when clicking on my desktop icon which is run under admin. there is a delay and i get this error code on the updater screen saying. update server not available [E000000AA]. when this last appeared two days ago i posted on discord is the server down and op replied "no". i did not go in game till the next day without any problems. shut down for sleep last night and this morning went to log on and its doing it again. :confused:

• hi, something has just started and unclear why. i,m in game regularly and for some reason when clicking on my desktop icon which is run under admin. there is a delay and i get this error code on the updater screen saying. update server not available [E000000AA]. when this last appeared two days ago i posted on discord is the server down and op replied "no". i did not go in game till the next day without any problems. shut down for sleep last night and this morning went to log on and its doing it again. :confused:

E000000AA means problems connecting to the update server - your session has timed out.

signature.png

• strange, that sounds almost like you provider or country is blocking certain IP ranges

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• More reports are coming with with this issue.

All I can tell is that we did not do any changes to the update server in months and that most people still can connect to it. I don't know how it can be that it is blocked... especially since you are still able to write here on the forum. The update server uses the same connection.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Just got the same error myself tonight :(

Seems to only affect the launcher, I am having no issues connecting to the portal here.

Just looking at the above posts and a ticket that was made it seems our issues might relate to distance from server, as the further we are the more crap the data has to pass through to get to us.

I had an issue like this with another game and it turned out that my provider had blocked that game and all related sites to it. After a few messages and a few complaints from others threatening to leave them and find another provider the game suddenly worked again.

BTW my provider is Vodafone here in NZ.

• but it is fetching the data from the same connection the portal uses

I also see no tech issues accessing the files.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• thanks op it comes to mind in your mention of no work on the server. i did remember that normally it downloads for me 72 files each time. but maybe in my case maybe other too. it downloaded 79. again as normal, i put it down too work being added. if thats not the case as you indicated op. then the mystery is what was the extra 6 files. and who added it too the server update. i have been under the impression only op or the team can. ???? :salutes

Edited once, last by Kermit ().

• Ill check the files again this evening. Im not 100% sure about the numbers.

Also worth to know is if there have been any updates lately to windows, antivir, firewall on the clients.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• the config file for the updater looks perfectly fine 73 files if you keep updating on the same mode

if you switch between SP and MP that number could be different

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• in game a lot of the time yesterday with things as normal. file update was back to 72. admitedly i did look in sp to see if that was working which it was. but in the end i decided to wait too see what happens. and so it went back to normal. all good thanks op. :thankyou:

• I hate to be coming around with this (after my selling issues have apparently disappeared, thanks OP) .

Yesterday I installed new PSU and GPU, and when after that I got the same message:

22:26:07.425 --> [x]:Update Server Timeout [E000000DB]

The launcher is even unable to do any updates.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• the very first time I see this error code

I dont really know what that is

server timeout could be something installed that is blocking the connection to the server or something preventing that files are written to the hdd

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,