Help..Stuck in Lost Paradise

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wombat1940.

• I made the mistake of exploring out of Omnicron Alpha. Jumped into one of the unknowns (Unknown 2). Decided to jump back into Alpha (access denied) Well alrighty then. I jumped through to Lost paradise. Made the mistake of landing (thought I could resupply) (nope). Ok then, Jumped back out of Lost Paradise. Seems you can end up in either Unknown 1 or 2 (no problem-o) It doesn't matter which system I end up in I can't jump out. The jump holes are locked. One doesn't say access denied but I cant jump out. The others tell me access denied. Every time I try to jump out and hit F3, of course I have all the Hobb-knobs-of-hell (nomads) on my heels and BOOM.. There is obviously a trick to getting back to civilization, but it escapes me... Any assistance afforded would be appreciated

• Is this MP? 'Cos it looks like jump hole randomizer desync (client believes you appear into one system, server believes you are in another... or at least I believe this is what's happening).

(also if you jump into a desynced system, you might notice there's no hole you jumped out of. my theory is that the server places you into coordinates where the exit hole is for the server's system, but the system you see is the client's system... tl;dr, Lost Paradise and surrounding systems are bugged in MP).

In that case, try Alt+F4 (after you end up in the system you can't jump out of) and reconnect. That worked for me.

(Sure, you can be jumped by Nomads on reconnecting but I have no better idea how to sync up with the server again).

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited once, last by Ajay ().

• Thanks Ajay. Yes I am in MP. This doesn't sound too good for me getting out of there. I guess I should have done more research before jumping out of Alpha. If I had known the systems were buggy in MP I sure wouldn't have ventured into them. I really don't have the time to scuttle the character and start over.

• You don't have to scuttle the character. Just try to get out of LP, if you see the signs of desync (no exit hole, access denied on all other JHs), close the game and launch it again.

On reconnect, the server will give your client the data it has so it will be synced up again, and you'll be able to use the jumpholes. Just be ready to fight/run as you connect to the server.

At least, that's what I did when encountering this and it helped.

• I have actually respawned and left the game. Restarted the game later and tried again. I have done this multiple times with the same results. I can always jump out of LP it's in either of the unknown's that things go south.

• You have to Alt+F4 and reconnect exactly in the system where things go south. Yes, in open space (F1 won't work but Alt+F4 should).

• Sorry …… this probably just a waste of time, but years ago I put this diagram together (see [spoiler] ) to help me move around. Its for SP (afraid I know nothing about MP) and maybe totally off the topic for which I apologies if so. :blush:

• I believe it has been made clear that this (apparently solved) problem is MP-specific. So...

totally off the topic

yes it is.