Warframe guide

There are 209 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Ii can give you two Smeeta imprints if you want. With that you will have a 100% chance to grow a smeeta next time.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Just took a look but I unfortunately took the 2 imprints when my smeeta was infected with the vasca virus... so the result would only be a vasca kavat.

But I still can create one more imprint of a smeeta which at least would be a 50% chance for you to get a smeeta kitten.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well, that's better than nothing :)

Still gotta farm up more genetic codes, which means Ivara P goes on another Derelict binge.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Ajay and I are in a PC clan

Not running the clan eventhough I sometimes think I have full control over the trade console ^^

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I got into Railjack a bit more this week and the amount of resources needed for upgrades seems insane.

However, I have a solution for most of that.

You can easily farm resources on the easy Railjack maps using the Particle Ram. Just fly around the map and crack all these containers open just using the ram.

More info about Railjack:

• Every intrinsic is worht 1500 Mastery points.
    • You can get blueprints for the Pennent (melee) and the Quellor (primary) by killing the bosses at Kasio's Rest on Saturn Proxima, Flexa in Veil Proxima (5% drop chance).
    • Shedu blueprints drop on maps with anomalies (sentient bases)
    • The sentient bases also drop one anomaly shard at the end (you can see a red dot indicating where these bases are located on the map > this is random). Anomaly shards can be sold to Little Duck on Fortuna
    • There is a minimalistic chance (like 1%) to get blueprints for the Spectra Vandal by playing the last and hardest mission node in Veil Proxima. This requires the mission to spawn an Orokin Tower derelict (this might happen or not) then you need to enter it and with some luck inside will be a console to hack... and with even more luck this console will drop a weapon blueprint. You probably need well over 100 runs to complete the set. But... if you like Railjack and have all the reward from the other nodes then this is the mission for your to play.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Already got Quellor blueprint yesterday. Also finally managed to get better engines (it was the last part of my RJ that still needed an upgrade). So, with those engines, my RJ is more or less complete. I haven't seen the Orokin Derelict in RJ yet, though.

Meanwhile I managed to reach Rank 5 with Solaris United. Tried doing Profit-Taker, but eh, she's too beefy for me so far. Good thing I can rerun Phases 1-3 to farm for gravimag parts (I mean, I managed to equip both my "keeper" archguns with Gravimags by now) and other stuff. The Phase 2 bounty is the best for these purposes IMHO. Run in, dunk on directors, dunk on two Ambulas, grab the datamass, run like flak. Rinse, repeat.

On the other hand, I liked Exploiter Orb heist, mainly because it's completely soloable. True, I run out of ammo at the last phase (since I need to shoot those coolant spiders from afar and I'm restricted to secondary when carrying a canister... and Twin Grakatas eat a lot of ammo...), but still. Also, she drops all that sweet loot. Next time I get a resource booster from login, I'll go dunk on her once more.

Next time Thermia Fractures roll around, I've gotta get some more stuff. Also, don't Coolant Raknoids drop a stance for Pennant? Codex states them to be the only drop source for Wise Razor.

• Yes that stance works on two handed nikanas, so it will also work on the pennant.

I have finished the 65 anomaly runs that i needed and can focus now on derelict missions which spawn mostly on the ruse warfield map.

So far I had 3 drops but one unfortunately was a duplicate.

In terms of railjack I still have one engine that I need to upgrade and 3 weapons. My intention was to have a copy of all weapons and components maxed and I am not really far from that. What I noticed that in all that Railjack missions (and I played many meanwhile) I have never gotten a Lavan Pulsar weapon. It never spawned... that is very strange. I still have to play ~80 mission until I have all my intrinsics at 10... maybe Ill have more luck on the lavan pulsar in the upcoming runs.

The orb mother on profit taker actually is not hard to defeat but works best if you play in a team because of the damage type switching. Best strategy for survival is to switch in and out of operator to avoid damage on your frame.

Eventhough the mission is short, rewards a toroid with 6k standing and good amounts of credits I usually avoid it because it is boring in my eyes.

Exploiter orb is longer but in my eyes is a more interesting mission. Unfortunately I ran out of diluted thermia a few weeks ago and can no longer access the mission.

That means I need to grind the small toroids in free play when I get a booster again. I still have enough toroids to give to little duck everyday for the next 3-4 weeks. But I still need 500k standing to max out my arcanes. When that is done I am also done with the Vox Solaris faction (which is by far the worst to grind for).

You solo exploiter orb?

I did that only once and decided that it is too long and too much stress.

It certainly is the most rewarding mission. A toroid with 12k standing. 2x if you have a booster, 4x if your smeeta kavat uses charm at the right moment, 8x if charm procs twice (It happened to me multiple times). Plus a random amount of vega toroids from the small bugs... which you can even increase by running the misison with a loot frame such as khora or nekros.

I once had the mission finish with +100k standing. That was not bad for dunno... 15mins.

I only played that mission when I had boosters. Resource drop chance + resource booster.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I did that only once and decided that it is too long and too much stress.

IDK, I found it tolerable, but maybe it's because of the frame and abilities I used - I had a Rhino and I liberally used Energizing Dash to always have energy to recast Iron Skin.

Speaking of Rhino, I switched to an Umbra build. So far without Umbra Forma, I used three regular formas to squeeze all other mods into it. I think if I'll add one more regular forma, I'll be able to pull out something similar to a build you mentioned earlier (my current build only has Augur Secrets instead of Transient Fortitude), but I will not be able to use any other build, neither will I be able to use an Exilus slot or any Aura other than Steel Charge. But, it isn't like I'm using any other builds.

• There are multiple possible Railjacks builds and most likely the one I use does not belong to the most recommended but in my eyes it fits perfectly together.

There are builds which focus on seeker volley, tethers and apoc in the armaments for the matter of fact that these offer the highest damage output.

I go a very different way and like to explain why.

RJcomponents.jpg

I use a Zetki shield in my build. It has less capacity than other shields but it is the shield that reloads fastest. The reduction of the reload time is 4s and that is significant. while the shields which higher capacity only add +500 more shields to the base value. In my eyes it does not matter if you have a total value of 3000 or 3500 but it matters if your shields are up an running again 4 seconds earlier.

Vidar engines are a clear choice based on their speed. The boost speed however is relative low. I compensate that with Avionics.

The Vidar reactor can in theory be exchanged with a Lavan one. It would be a loss of 10 avionics points and a gain of 100 flux energy. The difference is not much actually. Both reactors work fine. The Zetki one in my eyes has not enough avionics capacity.

RJavionics.jpg

The integrated avionics are based almost completely on making the Railjack tanky and fast.

Bulkhead - max armor

Maxima - max shields

Hull weave - max armor

Cruise speed - +80% speed when no enemies are in range

Ion Burn - +40% boost speed (my compensation to the lack of boost speed on the engines)

Polar coil - massively reduces heat on the turrets (very important)

Hyperstrike - +40% turret damage

Conic Nozzle - another 25% engine speed

Hyperflux - doubles the flux capacity (very important because this powers the battle avionics)

The tactical avionics are mostly ignorable. They are the best choices I could make but to be honest I have never used tactical abilities at all.

Breach Quanta - delays the ship exploding for 1 min (I guess that might be useful to avoid mission failure)

Battle Stations - increase turret damage for 30 secs by 75% (sounds very useful but I never needed it - not even on the hardest mission type)

Void cloak - makes you invisible for some time (sure, why not)

I have not filled the battle avionics completely because on the first slot there was not a single ability that look useful.

Particle Ram - I use it to ram enemy fighters and collect loot. Even in Veil Proxima you can deal significant damage ramming fighters, they wont explode instantly like in the other 2 systems but the damage is high enough to be of value especially since it is AoE.

Void Hole - generates a blackhole that sucks fighters in, deals damage to them and immobilizes them. It does less damage than Seeker Volley or Tether but that does not matter.

RJarmaments.jpg

The front turrets are Zetki Photors. Most other players would use Apoc here because of the additional damage but Apoc are projectile weapons and you often miss a target. With the Photor you never miss since they are hitscan weapons.

They do less damage than other weapons but since you at least wont miss in my eyes the damage output is bigger.

On top of that there is a synergy which can be used. The Photors deal heat damage and heat strips armor which in the end increases the damage dealt. But the best is that the Photor have punch through. When you use your void hole all enemy fighers in range are being sucked into the middle of the whole. Now you can point your forward Photors directly on that point. The punch through of the laser will deal damage to ALL enemy ships at the same time while the heat damage will strip the armor of all ships and the void hole can deal extra damage. This way you can destroy 20 enemy fighters with just one use of your battle avionics. The combination of the void hole and these photors fits perfectly together. Zetki photors deal extra damage and have more status chance. They overheat faster but the fire rate is long enough to fit to the duration of the void hole. A perfect synergy which delivers good crowd control, much damage output and low flux energy consumption.

The side turrets are Vidar Carcinnox for the reason that these are fast firing projectile weapons with high projectile speed. They are fun to use and also very effective. I am not using Zetki ones because they overheat too fast. The Vidar ones can sustain the high fire rate for much longer and therefore also do more damage, especially if you play with random ppl which are not so good at hitting stuff.

I wont explain intrinsics at this point since they are straight forward and in the end you are just picking what fits your play style there until you reach rank 10 in all of the intrinsics.

One final note: I do not use the avionic that increase the damage of the forward artillery. It certainly makes killing crew ships easier if your artillery deals much more damage but in my eyes this is not necessary. If you hit the engines of the crewships with your artillery you always will destroy them in one shot. You just need to aim correctly.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• One final note: I do not use the avionic that increase the damage of the forward artillery. It certainly makes killing crew ships easier if your artillery deals much more damage but in my eyes this is not necessary. If you hit the engines of the crewships with your artillery you always will destroy them in one shot. You just need to aim correctly.

You can also pile on >10 Plasma procs before shooting the crewship.

The tactical avionics are mostly ignorable. They are the best choices I could make but to be honest I have never used tactical abilities at all.

Breach Quanta - delays the ship exploding for 1 min (I guess that might be useful to avoid mission failure)

Battle Stations - increase turret damage for 30 secs by 75% (sounds very useful but I never needed it - not even on the hardest mission type)

Void cloak - makes you invisible for some time (sure, why not)

I use Battle Stations, Death Blossom and Intruder Stasis. Death Blossom helps with overheat.

As for weapons, I just use Zetki Pulsars. They are hitscan, they paralyze enemy fighters and make them easier to ram. I also use Seeker Volley to soften the higher level fighters.

• You can also pile on >10 Plasma procs before shooting the crewship.

true

I use Battle Stations, Death Blossom and Intruder Stasis. Death Blossom helps with overheat.

As for weapons, I just use Zetki Pulsars. They are hitscan, they paralyze enemy fighters and make them easier to ram. I also use Seeker Volley to soften the higher level fighters.

Well, so far I have found no use to tactical abilities... or better to say no need to use them.

The build I have almost never overheats, does more than enough damage and I completely avoid having boarding parties on my ship. As a matter of fact killing ramsleds is the only reliable source of trachon drops. Therefore I shot down every ramsled as soon I hear them approaching.

I tested seeker volley and tether on mulitple maps in comparison with the void hole.

e.g. if you play on Gian Point then Seeker volley and also Tether will usually destroy all enemies in range. Ok - Tether in my eyes has a too low range but the damage output is still great.

However, when you compare it with the enemies at Ruse Warfield then Seeker Volley and Tether won't do that much damage anymore. You damage the fighters by maybe 50%. If you want to finish them off you either have to use turrets and kill them one by one or you have to activate Tether or Seeker Volley a 2nd time. That doubles the Flux energy costs.

I like that Void Hole synergy so much more since I can clear wave by wave with minimal Flux costs and practical no effort since all fighters will be sucked into the center of the void hole where I can simply fire with the punch through lasers.

I btw. was wrong in the post above. Its not the heat (incendiary) which strips the armor. The Photors deal plasma and incendiary damage. Plasma strips armor and shields while heat adds an increasing burn damage (which by itself is already a nice synergy).

In most maps tether and seeker volley work great but on Ruse Warfield they wont do enough damage to be reliable choices.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Okay, Heart of Deimos update dropped and I just completed the Heart of Deimos quest.

First of all, the Cambion Drift is just ew. Then again, it's the Infestation, plus you at least have an option to kill the offending crawlies with fire.

The quest itself is... manageable. Then again, it's intended for lower-level players. Piloting a Necramech was fun, Seeing the Entrati family dynamics was also fun. They've got quite a dysfunctional family, but they don't seem to be so bad individually (except maybe Son). Especially for the Orokin.

I also noted how this syndicate's progression handles. You don't get rep directly by doing stuff, you get tokens for each family member and then trade them in for standing at Grandmother. Except, you can also trade those in sets for more valuable Grandmother tokens, but those require multiple different tokens. In other words, you want to progress faster, you'll have to do everything.

Also, got a Mod for Melee weapons that gives +90% Slash and +60% Status Chance. This one was great for my Lesion - over 150% Status chance, guys? Dropped a Rending Strike for it, and it's a direct upgrade to Jagged Edge.

I'll check out bounties and Isolation Vaults later.

• can you post the full setup for your lesion?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Warframe0236.jpg

(Actually, I later swapped Rending Strike for Jagged Edge and got more damage. And then I got Weeping Wounds off a bounty and swapped Melee Prowess for it, now I have a more modest ~125% status chance, but +40% of base per combo multiplier. Also, I have three Gladiator set mods on my Helios's Deconstructor for Blood Rush on a stick).

Carnis Mandible seems to be rather easy to get, IDK. I already have several copies.

• A small build comparison.

I don't have the new mod yet so its about 20% less status on the first test compared to your build and i have a bit more total damage to compensate for that.

Its actually a minimal difference.

Your build has

15% crit chance.

159.1 status chance

2208,3 total damage

Test condition are lvl170 enemies (steel path stress test ;))

35 seconds to kill 8 enemies (not bad actually - its getting the job done).

My build is a bit different as you can see in the vid.

15% crit chance base - 108% crit at 12x combo

74% status chance base - 355,2 status chance at 12x combo

379,2 total damage

The base values compared to your build are a joke but still... the 8 lvl170 enemies are getting killed in just 9 seconds.

The difference is how I utilize the combo counter.

Getting the combo counter up fast is to hit many enemies as fast as possible. Reach mod or Primed reach to hit many enemies. Berserker to increase the attack speed based on your crit hits. Lesion has a terrible crit chance but the Bloodrush will increase that based on your combo counter. These 3 mods get your combo counter up and running.

Weeping wounds adds status chance based on the combo counter. 40% up to 12 times multiplied with your normal status chance.

To be fair... Weeping Wounds and Bloodrush were mods which only dropped during an event that was held once a year and the price on the market was pretty high. I sold weeping wounds for 130-140 plat (for a good profit).

That changed yesterday with Heart of Deimos because these "Accolyte" mods will now drop from enemies on Deimos.

Weeping Wounds costs 15 plat on the market now... so I guess the drop rates must be pretty high now.

Best chance for you to get these mods now. Not so good for me anymore since I can no longer trade them but for you and other new players it certainly is great.

The berserker mod drops from ancient healers at a very miserable 0.03 chance. But you can buy it on the market for 4 plat (I regulary get offers from people which want to sell it to me at this price).

I highly recommend to you get these mods.

You might not have primed reach so you should take a normal one. Instead of the primed fury you can take quickening. Condition overload can drop from various Grenier enemies at a very low chance... for some reason the price for this mod on the market also dropped significantly in the past weeks. I would not pay more than 5 plat for it. This one compensates my low total damage. The high status chance from weeping counts increases the damage from Condition Overload.

Using Virulent surge in the vid above is a possible choice... using Vicious Frost however is even more effective since it prevents that enemies get pushed away from you. In a test i was able to kill the 8 enemies in less than 6 seconds using Vivious Frost. The damage output is the same, the only difference is that you do not push enemies out of range due to the freeze effect.

The drifting contact mod in the last lost is used to increase the time before the combo counter resets by another 10 seconds. So in total I would have 15 seconds time that allow me to move to the next enemies. Alternative to that you can also use the Namaron Focus tree. There is a skill that slows down the combo counter degradation. In that case you could replace drifting contact with a higher status mod. (e.g. a combination of vicious frost and virulent source). It would be even more deadly but you would be forced to use the Namaron Focus tree all the time.

To sum up... now is your best chance to create an endgame melee build for your Lesion. All the stuff that used to be extremely expensive drops on deimos and/or costs only a few plat. Do a few bounties on Cetus when Augur Reach is available... Sell Augur reach for 15-20 plat. Use that plat to get the melee mods that I use for my build.

The combination of mods works perfectly well together. There is a synergy where one mod supports the other and in the end you get insane high damage outputs eventhough your base values are relative low.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I highly recommend to you get these mods.

Already on it! As you can see I already have Berserker and Blood Rush. The latter dropped from Pavlov on Lua. Weeping Wounds dropped later from a Deimos bounty.

I'll get to it once I'll have enough Endo for maxxing out Blood Rush. RN I'm running low on Endo, though between Deimos bounties and Arbitrations (I've been doing a lot of Arbitrations lately, they also drop Arcanes!) replenishing my stocks won't be a problem.

Though actually, I need to max out Transient Fortitude and forma my Rhino again first.

Alternative to that you can also use the Namaron Focus tree. There is a skill that slows down the combo counter degradation. In that case you could replace drifting contact with a higher status mod. (e.g. a combination of vicious frost and virulent source). It would be even more deadly but you would be forced to use the Namaron Focus tree all the time.

I kinda thought that that skill being passive it'd work regardless. Welp, looks like I was wrong.

I remember I used a similar crit build for Infested Disruption mission on Ur (Acceltra BP farm) that relied on that skill and Gladiator bonus set (as a Blood Rush substitute).

Also there's one thing that can be done - remember you mentioned that you can install Vigilante mods on a Sentinel's weapon for Vigilante bonus set? You can do the same with Gladiator mods. Except it limits you to Helios with Deconstructor.

Okay, I've been doing Cambion Drift related stuff for a couple of days, and I've got a couple of words to say on it.

First of all, the way they handled the standing earning (via tokens) is nice for me and my manner of playing. Say, I am now in Cambion Drift phase, I can do as many bounties/fishing/conservations as I want and not waste any standing - because I earn tokens, not standing. I can store up a metric flak ton of tokens for the day when I just can't be arsed to do anything - so I will just drop by Necralisk and turn those tokens in.

(Usually those are Mother's tokens, The bounties on Deimos award plenty of Endo and most importantly, mods that were only available from Acolyte events. I already have Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds and other stuff. Father's tokens come next since they can be obtained by turning in stuff you just pick up by breaking containers. You have to work slightly more for Daughter (fishing) and Otak (mining) tokens and Son (conservation) tokens are the most irritating to obtain.)

The bad part is... Rank 4 rank-up requirements requires 5 conservation tags for Common Aviachea (a flying creature). Farming those WILL be a pain in the ass. I just did that in advance ("just" refers to the day the post was made; by now I've passed that rank). Seriously, hoping to buy these tags for plat via Special Offers might even be a good way to save nerves and time. Alternatively, I advice to cycle a spot at the map's western edge near Cerebrum Magna.

Also an unpleasant surprise: most of Bitey Scratchikins on Cambion Drift are immune to Viral status effects. Probably to stop us from tearing through them like paper. Deimos Saxum are immune to status effects altogether. And Deimos Juggalos Jugulus can throw a Gas status effect onto players. Boy, DE really threw a bunch of wrenches into our habits with this update...

Finally, I managed to gild my Amp (since I managed to reach required rank with Vox Solaris). Though I'm on my way to get a better one. One of those days I've gotta send my Ivara (perhaps with my Smeeta - BTW, I did get a Smeeta from those imprints) to farm some toroids. Yeah, I know, Nekros would work better, but I don't have Nekros; Ivara is the closest thing I have to looter frame (since Prowl gives pretty much a reroll).

Edited 6 times, last by Ajay ().

• yes arbitrations are a good way to get endo and they drop 5 arcanes which are in none of the other reward pools. I still have not maxed them since i was busy with other stuff. I actually only play survival arbitrations if arbitrations are on my todo list.

Another good way to get endo is to play arena matches on sedna.

You are correct with the use of the sentinel mods. They are a good way to buff you crits.

Vigilante increases you overall crit chance while gladiator has the chance to improve your crits. That means turning a yellow crit into an orange one. Which one to take depends on the weapon you want to enhance. Vigilante works well if you already have a nice crit chance. Gladiator works best with weapons that have low crit chances.

I can not really say much about the heart of demos content yet. I played the quest, did one bounty and then stopped playing. I decided to give the devs 1-2 weeks to fix the bugs and rebalance everything before i get into it. That gave me the time to use the two boosters that i got last week to finish the toroid grind for vox solaris, then open relics to buy all the remaining baro rewards and finish railjack. I got the last spectra vandal blueprints meanwhile and maxed out my intrinsics. Btw. if you can, always approach baro using inaros prime. He will sell a quest token each time for 100 ducats. Doing that quest gives you a random item from his drop table and that is usually significantly more worth than the 100 ducats you invested.

Small advice regarding your animal hunt issue. Buy the lure of the animal you want to hunt and equip it to your gear wheel. When you select it and then open the map it should show you the location of the animal.

Yay! Smeeta kitten. Lootcifer is momma now.

Btw. Also a good way to buff your crit chance by 200%, but a bit unreliable since you never know when the buff happens. There is a mod that can increase the duration of kavat abilities. Its worth to use it on the smeeta to increase the charm buffs.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,