agility and speed ship info

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wombat1940.

• Hi,

First - thanks a lot to everyone, who has contributed to this great mod. Even the fact, that it is still being played is amazing...

I am playing SP and I've been trying to find the right ship for me. I've read the forum and the WIKI, but the information on ships is not sufficient. Some of the most important specs of the ships is missing - like agility, strafe and speed (it seems some ships are faster). I've been trying to find a tool to "read" the shiparch.ini, or understand it myself, but it is quite unintuitive.

Is there any way to get those ship specifications? I am looking for a VHF with higher speed (90/225 instead of 80/220) with decent cargo (min. 70) and best possible agility and strafe.

Thanks for any advice!

• Greetings,

I fear such info is not available and common FL "info" tools used for pull info from mod files are not working with CF (purposely). I fear that you may need try ships which you may like (design) and chose one which seems will work the best for you. There are also different hitboxes for ships, so fat strafying ship with huge hitbox will get more hits as ship with smaller strafes and tiny hitbox. Also hardpoint placement can makes big difference. But mainly .. for play SP you can use practically any VHF, however I agree that some may be little more challenging as others ;)

• Hi tromozil and welcome to CF!

I can recommend you several VHFs that might fit your description that's why I am going to put them in a 'spoiler' tag, so it won't spoil the surprises to other people who might be new to CF.

There are probably more (and also good looking), but these are just the ones that are on top of my head.

And also some of them are included in this zip that you can try in SP:

Good luck picking up your ship and again, welcome to CF. I hope you have a ton of fun! ;)

• Thank you guys! Quick replies and very helpful!

Martind, I understand this issue is part of the original game, but I just miss the numbers. I'd like to see them in the description of the ships, but I guess after some playing around I'll figure it out.

Iliyan, that's great replay - I'll try the save games. About the ships from your list: I've tried the Shroud and at the moment I use the Chimera, but both have standard speed of 80. There are some ships with higher speeds - like Redemption (I think) and Guardian and maybe others.

• Thank you guys! Quick replies and very helpful!

Iliyan, that's great replay - I'll try the save games. About the ships from your list: I've tried the Shroud and at the moment I use the Chimera, but both have standard speed of 80. There are some ships with higher speeds - like Redemption (I think) and Guardian and maybe others.

Anytime!

Well, I am not really technical with these numbers ;) , so I just try them all out and see which one suits my needs in terms of speed and power.

The Saracen is my number one ship because it has everything as I've already mentioned, but if I have to fight in a massive battle, I'll definitely switch to the Cayman, because that's where I'd need speed the most. Some people are using the Chimera as their favorite fighter for both PvP & PvE.

But since you're playing in Singleplayer, I think pretty much every agile and strong ship will do you just fine, so you just have to try them all out and see which one fits your needs. The Redemption is an awesome VHF because it has 6 gun slots, however the energy will drop fast and it's not as agile as I need, so I'd still prefer my Saracen above every other ship => but that's just me.

PS: When you try them out (the game saves), let me know which ship you want and I'll edit your save with that VHF (and loadout eventually). And If you do want to, just upload your save here or send it to me via PM, however you prefer.

PS: Also, it's not every ship in that zip file... I just chose which I wanted on my personal preference. :D

• There are probably more (and also good looking), but these are just the ones that are on top of my head.

And also some of them are included in this zip that you can try in SP:

Iliyan ?

I regard to your saved games, I attempted to run them during my 6 hour flight to Bali, with no success. Are there an instructional guidelines anywhere that I can follow such that I can install before I make a similar flight again next Saturday (week away) ?

Also, will my own saved games remain intact so that I can return to my current setup I experience now ? In other words your saves wont damage, destroy my saves ?

Thanks

• tromozil :

try next ships (VHF):

MF:

LF:

From top it should be the fastest ... I have stored aside some old data/stats for ships and these above had higher impulse speeds as is common (unverified info). Hope it will help. In list above are also not ships which were added into CF at later date (clan ships ... multiplayer only, and some other).

• Iliyan ?

I regard to your saved games, I attempted to run them during my 6 hour flight to Bali, with no success. Are there an instructional guidelines anywhere that I can follow such that I can install before I make a similar flight again next Saturday (week away) ?

Wombat, mate... it's pretty simple, here it is:

Step 1:

Crossfire [Save Games] / Saves / FL Campaign

OR

Crossfire [Save Games] / Saves / CF Campaign

Are where the save games are located.

Here's a screenshot:

Saves.png

Saves-2.png

Step 2:

After you've chosen which one to use, go and paste it (or them) here:

Documents / My Games / Freelancer / Accts / Singleplayer

Saves-3.png

Also, will my own saved games remain intact so that I can return to my current setup I experience now ? In other words your saves wont damage, destroy my saves ?

Thanks

No, they won't, as long as you don't have them with the same name of course. For example, if I want to paste my both Campaigns (FL & CF) with the same ship (Saracen), you'll notice that it's the same name for both campaigns, I've renamed them so the people would know which save they want to use. So, if you want to use both... just rename one of them "Saracen 2" or something like that and paste them in there.

If you don't have the same name, then it's no problem at all. Oh and yes, you can have pretty much as many saves as you want, so don't worry about your own save games. ;)

PS: If you're going to use lots of saves, you have to restart your game with each 'pasted' save. If you don't want to restart though, after you minimize the game and paste the save, go back to the game, press F1 / Menu ... and "Load Game" and you'll see the save in there (it's like a REFRESH after you paste a save, so that the save(s) would show up). ;)

• Almost 18:00 here, lol.

But anyway, glad to have been of help, good luck! ;)