Is there any way to get the Ragnarok ship in single player?

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wombat1940.

• Yes, there is and it's not by destroying the shields. But that's an Admin ship and it's supposed to be flyable in Multiplayer by the Server Police (nowadays called Galaxy Rangers).

Which is also another reason that I did not included it into the Crossfire Save Games zip file due to the respect that I have towards OP.

And that begs the question though...why do you want to fly it? Because of the Railgun? Due to the cooldown that we have with the weapons, you can't fire it like a normal gun, you'll have to wait until it cools down by which time the NPCs will already have reloaded their shields because the way that Freelancer was designed is that if you have such a powerful weapon, you have to destroy the shield first and then the hull, you can't take them out with a single shot. Not to mention that your other weapons that you have mounted on it ALSO takes up your energy and the Railgun becomes useless, you either use only the Railgun or your class 10 weapons. And by using only the Railgun, you have to be really precise with the time in order to use it properly due to the cooldown.

So...why do you want to fly it even if you had the chance to? The cool thing about being a SP or a GR is the admin console, the ship is just for the looks. :P

• So...why do you want to fly it even if you had the chance to? The cool thing about being a SP or a GR is the admin console, the ship is just for the looks. :P

I like how it looks and i've also heard it has a way faster impulse speed. I just want to fool around with it in SP.

• It does and doesn't have have to 'charge' when you start in cruise speed, meaning it starts instantly and it's top speed is 900.

And I get it, but unless you have an express permission from OP, I can't cross that boundary, because it's his mod and the stuff in it are copyrighted, so I will not go beyond that unless I have an express permission.

• the ship is not meant to be used in SP

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• 10284-033692b7-large.jpg

:roflmao:

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him."
    "If he is in superior strength, evade him."
    "If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him."
    "Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant."
    "If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them."
    "If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them."
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."
    SunTzu - The art of War

• Guys, why are you trolling him? LynRyu asked an honest question.

Of course we can fly it in SP, but the point of having that ship was for the Multiplayer in which people pay with real money to rent clan systems, so that the Ragnarok (alongside the Console) is a way to thank the one who rented the system and to keep the clan alive, in which turn it keeps the server running too, by these 'small' donations.

The Ragnarok is not an ordinary ship, it's kind of 'symbolic' due to the fact that so many people helped the server throughout all of these years.

LynRyu asked an honest question and you decide to troll for showing him that you own the Ragnarok in SP? Seriously?

PS: I am not trying to sound philosophical, but just stating some facts.

• people are potentially just one patch away from their ragnarok chars not working anymore... im just saying.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Guys, why are you trolling him? LynRyu asked an honest question.

Of course we can fly it in SP, but the point of having that ship was for the Multiplayer in which people pay with real money to rent clan systems, so that the Ragnarok (alongside the Console) is a way to thank the one who rented the system and to keep the clan alive, in which turn it keeps the server running too, by these 'small' donations.

OK, point taken. But why is it not available in SP? I know nothing about " ….. to thank the ones who rent the system ….." and " ……. keeps the server running too …. " until I read it here.

I can understand it not being freely available in MP, but in SP? Who else but NPC's get hurt there?

• OK, point taken. But why is it not available in SP? I know nothing about " ….. to thank the ones who rent the system ….." and " ……. keeps the server running too …. " until I read it here.

I can understand it not being freely available in MP, but in SP? Who else but NPC's get hurt there?

No idea, I am just relaying what OP wishes for that this ship be used only in MP. Of course anyone can get it in SP (by knowing how to get it), but that would be entirely up to them and the respect that they have towards the creator of the mod.

Besides, you don't need the Ragnarok in SP (or even MP), a perfectly strong and agile VHF will do the job for you just as good. The advantages of the Ragnarok are only its thruster, cruise speed and the Railgun. But the Railgun has a cooldown and by the time it reloads, you'll have already destroyed the npcs. So in personal opinion, the Railgun is perfect only for Capital Ships... 2 shots and no matter how strong the capital ship is, it gets destroyed.

So I don't know what's this drama about the Ragnarok is all about, it's just a normal ship with it's only advantage being the Railgun, which by the way due to its cooldown, you can't use it against fighters but only against capital ships.

-> My personal opinion, don't get mad.

Gotta Remember Wombat got the Ragnarok gifted to him because of the help he was giving in mapping systems and basically charting systems for the wiki.

So Wombat has the right to fly that ship but others don't.

Really it is multiplayer only ship that is only accessible by Admins or GR's and should stay that way

Sorry for not knowing better then, I was just speaking in general.

• Gotta Remember Wombat got the Ragnarok gifted to him because of the help he was giving in mapping systems and basically charting systems for the wiki. …..

Hmmmm ..… not sure about that. I thought it was because I had befriended the Nomads and hence gained access to their Outpost on Styx.

…….. you don't need the Ragnarok in SP (or even MP), a perfectly strong and agile VHF will do the job for you just as good. The advantages of the Ragnarok are only its thruster, cruise speed and the Railgun. ………..

But I don't think there's any other ship with a 900k cruise speed. That's the reason I have it. It reduces exploration time when mapping any System.

• But I don't think there's any other ship with a 900k cruise speed. That's the reason I have it. It reduces exploration time when mapping any System.

I prefer 5000, so no need of the Ragnarok (5000 because above that, the ship disappears from the screen). ;)

• ..................... if we have not been flying it then we are not missing it.

Sorry, but IMHO that is nonsense. If you've never eaten strawberries does it mean you don't want to try them?

As far as gaging any further discussion regard ship selection in SP, that's for others to decide.

Anyway, enough ……. from me anyway ……. :rtfm::pflaster:

• Hey after 10 times playin SP with crossfire Mod and many Diskussions here befor i only make it one time to try it at styx was the one and only attempt to dock there its really better to play the other VHfs there , for me personally the best VHF in Game if SP or MP is the Chimera .

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him."
    "If he is in superior strength, evade him."
    "If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him."
    "Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant."
    "If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them."
    "If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them."
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."
    SunTzu - The art of War

• You're right, no need to expand this discussion any further.

PS: And you're wrong, clearly the greatest and one and only VHF in-game is *drums*, the Saracen. :P

• Sorry, but IMHO that is nonsense. If you've never eaten strawberries does it mean you don't want to try them?

As far as gaging any further discussion regard ship selection in SP, that's for others to decide.

Anyway, enough ……. from me anyway ……. :rtfm::pflaster:

if i remember correctly the post said has not this subject gone far enough and maybe has been answered by op. gagging might be meaning something different where you are. at times, players tend to get of the subject at times. what sir you consider is irrelevant. all the years i have been here the ragnorak has been known as a admin ship. and justifieable so. has clearly been shown that in forum its role in play. correct me if i,m wrong knowledged one. how much clearer is that. enjoy your strawberries. :)