Sequence of Play

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ILIYAN.

• In regard to FL, CF original, CF campaign, Lost Fleet is it? etc.

Could somebody put me right about correct sequence of play for all the options. From go to wo. My memory is just too bad to remember. Thanks.

[I have the disk for FL, all the rest has been downloaded]

• FL original campaign->CF campaign; Lost Fleet takes part in the middle of CF campaign. You just have to pick one option to trigger Lost Fleet missions, it's linear otherwise.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• FL original campaign->CF campaign; Lost Fleet takes part in the middle of CF campaign. You just have to pick one option to trigger Lost Fleet missions, it's linear otherwise.

Gee! That was quick!

…….. is it as simple as that! :huh:

My poor memory tells me I started Lost Fleet (LF) after I'd completed Crossfire (CF). Simply because LF wasn't released until after I'd finished. I think I had to start CF again just so as to fit LF in. Hence I flew LF in the original CF craft which was a bit short on in goodies. That why Iliyan's thread here sounds so attractive.

Hence, is there an optimum point to join Lost Fleet?

• There's only one point, isn't it? After the Bugged Convoy to Mars mission.

• When you are in Order HQ with Juni and King, you are offered a choice of taking a mission or declining and coming back later.

You should be able to decline, do the Lost Fleet story, and then eventually return to Order HQ where--unless you are very unlucky--when you walk into the bar you should have Juni and King reappear and offer you the choice again. Accepting of course allows you to continue with the campaign.

I recommend keeping a save from a bit earlier than that, just in case. for whatever reason the first time I returned from my little side voyage, my old friends didn't reappear, so I had to redo from an earlier save. It worked fine the next time.

• When you are in Order HQ with Juni and King, you are offered a choice of taking a mission or declining and coming back later.

You should be able to decline, do the Lost Fleet story, and then eventually return to Order HQ where--unless you are very unlucky--when you walk into the bar you should have Juni and King reappear and offer you the choice again. Accepting of course allows you to continue with the campaign.

I recommend keeping a save from a bit earlier than that, just in case. for whatever reason the first time I returned from my little side voyage, my old friends didn't reappear, so I had to redo from an earlier save. It worked fine the next time.

Thanks BF. Now mention where it and how it is, I'm reminded. My job will be to get to Order HQ flying something descent. I wonder if Iliyan had thought about doing one of "super saves" at Order HQ?

• I'm working on getting a save for that mission.

Apparently since I need the earlier save I need to replay the Crossfire Chapter 4.

That being said, Chapter 4 is the WORST Crossfire mission EVER due to how easy it's to get trains knocked off course and how hard it is to get them back.

HereWeGoAgain.jpg

*eye twitch*

*gets red sash on*

BLAM.jpg

...I think, it would be a good mission if we'd have to scuttle that SOB at the end.

Edited 2 times, last by Ajay ().

• Well, I decided to just leave a save of Chapter 5 from where you can trigger the Lost Fleet story.

The save you need is Chapter5Coalition.fl. There's also the end of vanilla campaign save and a start of FL vanilla Mission 3 save I made for one dude at one point. The last save is useful because that point is right past the CF cash grinding bottleneck.

Files

Thanks BF. Now mention where it and how it is, I'm reminded. My job will be to get to Order HQ flying something descent. I wonder if Ilynin had thought about doing one of his "super saves" for Order HQ?

• Is that a statement of fact, or something I said and now forgotten about?

It's a statement of fact, or at least of my considered opinion.

There's a link below my sentence which, if clicked, leads to a discussion thread from when I had the problem i mentioned here earlier. The choice of mission numbers is part of the discussion.

Martind suggested Mission #24, which ordinarily would be ideal; that didn't work for me for some arcane reason, so I dug up a save of one of the last of the original FL campaign missions.

I believe that, if you don't want to redo the original campaign using one of the ships/saves provided by Ilyan, you might be best served by using the CF save of your choice from him, which IIRC is just a couple of missions before the #24 "accept/decline" mission.

I'm sorry if this is too vague: my memory for details isn't what it used to be.

• I wonder if Iliyan had thought about doing one of "super saves" at Order HQ?

I can make you a save wherever you want with whichever ship you like. ;)
    (But you have to upload me a save of yours because I never got to finish the CF Campaign, so I don't have saves at each 'point' of the campaign, so upload me a save of yours and I will make it a 'super-save' for you. You also have to specific which VHF you want me to get for ya as well. ;)

• Btw, I do have all SP campaign mission save-game files (zip packed, size 20Mb). These all should be working 100% as I used them numerous times when was needed test something, replay chapter etc.

I will send a link via PM if someone will need it.

• Btw, I do have all SP campaign mission save-game files. These all should be working 100% as I used them numerous times when was needed test something, replay chapter etc.

I will send a link via PM if someone will need it.

Yes please Marty. I'm getting back to important issues ……. CF2.0 issues …….. This is for you Iliyan >>>> :applaus:……. This is for me >>>>> :strafe: ……. ;)