Star Wars - Rise of Skywalker

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• I am wondering if it is really that bad.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I won't be surprised to be honest. Disney cares about profit now, not quality. And the story ended with Episode 6, I think they should have just started a new story (like in the games) instead of extending the original one.

I was actually going to see it in a few days on 4DX though... but I don't have big expectations for it, I might write again when I watch it.

• to be fair... Disney always cared about money (hmm somehow this does not sound like a pro)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ok first review:

visuals: impressive

everything else: meh

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I knew it... making everything for the visuals and not quality

=> Money is king

• oh i forgot... music is good aswell... typical starwars

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :D

I just had a phone call with my brother and he said that it was good, but it is well known that they are pushing the feminism agenda, but... I don't know, now I am having second thoughts of whether to watch it or not.

Rogue One was truly the best one that they had made so far... the rest were either copies (Ep7 being a copy of Ep4) or crap.

• watch it and form your own opinion

You can watch it... you can enjoy it... you just should not think about it too much.

And yes, I am also a big fan of Rogue One. Nostalgia effect and a new perspective on the story.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yeah... I am going Monday to the Cinema to watch it with a bunch of friends, but I don't have high expectations and the things that you said about the effects, that's what I am expecting and not a great storyline. :D

Rogue One was truly the greatest one... it had the real Star Wars atmosphere and how the original episodes must have been made.

But regarding the IX Episode, I am most eager for that:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

:D

• I will be going on this movie tomorrow with my son ... this new series is for me not easy to rate because for me are star wars about previous three movies and above mentioned Rogue One was good addition to it. Also these new heroes are not as much a "persones" like Luke or Han Solo were ... really, for me personally hard to compare.

New heroes simply do not fit exactly to my tastes, maybe because they are next generation ... not easy to overcome this :)

Will look on review above after I will see it first :) ... honestly, I'm looking forward to see this movie :) ... and Im really curious how my son (9) will see it :)

• The movie might not be so bad if it wouldnt supposed to be the final one... the one that concludes 42 years of Star Wars. Episode 6 had a way better conclusion and was much more satisfying to watch.

Generally I agree that the new cast is not really good. That is fault of bad writing and somehow even a forced agenda.

Rey was written to be the new female hero which by default is nothing wrong. It is the way how it was done that makes it wrong. She was written to be perfect and every male in the movies were portrait to be flawed. weak idiots (even the characters of the old movies -> Luke, the grumpy old man that failed to train his Padawan and Han who was such a bad father and husband).

But Rey... is perfect.

From the very first moment she met Finn she took the leader role and be everybodies best friend, despite spending her whole life isolated. She instantly can use the force and defeats every enemy in light saber combat despite never having any training at all. She can fly spaceships despite never have done that before. She can swim like a dolphin, despite growing up on a desert planet.

Give her a task and she will perfectly get it done. As a result Rey has absolutely no character development over these three movies.

And since all male characters around her are somewhat flawed... are in conflict with others and with their own self it makes the hero of this movie unrealistic and unlikable.

In contrast to this are the heroes of the previous 6 movies not perfect. They had to evolve.

Luke at the end of episode 4 was insecure (prior destroying the deathstar), he knew nearly nothing about the force. In Episode 5 he got training by Yoda and failed multiple times during his training and also when facing Vader. Even in Episode 6 he struggled to stay on his path when seeing his friends getting ambushed.

Anakin went through a similar character development in episode 1-3. The chosen one failed multiple times even after a decade of intense Jedi training.

Obi Wan failed.

A true hero never is perfect.

A true hero needs to fail at some point and then decide to stand up again and learn from the mistakes.

This is completely missing in Episode 7-9.

Even in the final movie this isn't really done.

With Episode 7 I hoped that this was just a rough start for the sequel trilogy and that the following movies would focus more on more interesting themes like Finn.... the conflicted Stormtrooper that was kidnapped as boy and now ran away from the First Order. But... this certainly interesting point of view was completely abandoned.

Instead already existing themes were destroyed.

Luke, the wise Jedi master and Han Solo ran away from their problems instead of facing them like they would before.

When Luke was training with Yoda on Dagobah in Episode 5 he sensed that his friends were in danger (far far away) and decided to abort his training to rescue them.

Either he lost this ability in the new movies or he simply gave a shit when Han died and Leia was tossed into empty space.

Leia on the other side pulled off some Jedi tricks in the new movies and I would have preferred is she didn't. It would have been so much cooler if Vaders daughter simply decided against using the force and instead focused on what she already was good in -> leading/politics.

The decision to swim against the stream would have made Leia a stronger and more believable character in the new movies.

Whatever character you take in the new movies.... it is terribly told.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Good analysis, which when I think about it, fits precisely to this new serie. However I need to say that I was not disappointed with the last movie. Some scenes were predictable, some I would like to be done different way, but imo 53% is too rough. I would personally give 70% and add another 10% if these new heroes approached to me more. I expect that many would disagree with what I will say now, but imo this last movie was the best one from this new trilogy. My son liked movie much, maybe because it was more simpler and more easier understandable. I think he liked it more as Avengers which imo (when compared with these Star Wars) were done better (and that above said with good and bad for a hero is there significantly implemented ... maybe this is why I liked them much more).

My personal advice for everyone who want go into cinema: do not think about things too much and enjoy action. This movie is not bad and reviews will simply spoils your fun.

• Exactly, that's what's called the "Luciferian Agenda", meaning that they turn everything upside down. The movie is shit, it's only cool for the effects if we have to be honest and I don't care that it's Star Wars... everything is going down the drain (I hope I said it correctly).

But anyway, I agree with everything that you said, so no point in adding more wood to the fire in this case. And Star Wars is not the first nor will be the last movie that they put this agenda in, everything that comes out of Unhollywood will be like this unfortunately.

=> Hence why I was wondering before about spending my money on such a garbage.

• Llike i said, you can enjoy the movie if you dont think about it too much.

I could ask you at least 2 dozen questions about stuff that happens in the movie and you would not be able to tell me why that is even possible.

The movie is driven by a huge amount of coincidences

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• My view above, and Im not sure if my SW lore knowledge is good enough for this

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I went to see it in the Cinema on 23th of December (sorry for taking a little too long to log in here)

And yeah, exactly what I was expecting.... waste of money. :D , at least it was awesome seeing a familiar face (you know who).

Basically:

Edited once, last by ILIYAN ().