Starting Crossfire Campaign, and...

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by StatiZkyZ.

• So, I finally finished the vanilla campaign, and I have to say, I like the changes to the Nomads, first of all. They look cool, and since they move a bit slower it kinda makes them more 'swarmy' like how they're supposed to, weak but there's a lot of them. The battleship also have more guns and stronger.

I have several questions about the Crossfire mod, cause it seems I found some bugs. Sometimes, the first mission that requires you to fly to New Berlin just 'disappears', it won't trigger the two nomad ambushes on the way to Rhienland, and nothing happens when you get to New Berlin. I want to do the missions immediately, but with a Falcon and Luger guns, I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to finish the missions. I wanna look for stronger ships, but if I do that, the mission will not appear, and I can't make any waypoints.

Is there a break between the missions I can use to prepare myself? The part where you have to shoot down five Nomad battleships are grueling without preparation...

Also, sorry if I came across rude and ungrateful... but is the voices in the new cutscenes supposed to sound robotic?

• you have to follow the exact path leading through the campaign.

Mission triggers might break if you go off-road.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i dont know where you have left the path... thats the problem.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Greetings StatiZkyZ ,

on your way to New Berlin you will go around Battleship Westfalen ... VHF available there is strong enough. You will get pause later in the campaign (it will be in Sol system) which will allow you look for better ships & equipment. To see what weapons etc. are close to your position ... you can use our wiki for search, I suggest check wreck for codenames weapons (Weapons - SWAT Portal), these will be enough for sure in early CF missions and later when you reach Sol, you can buy there even better guns.

• Martind Forlon

Ah, thanks for the tip. At one point of the campaign I just said 'screw it' and abandoned the waypoint to get a Sabre (Thankfully I was able to trigger the mission again somehow), which surprisingly able to compete well with the Crossfire ships after I compare their data. Guess I'll just have to find better weapons, I completely forgot about the wrecks lol