Game crash

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hellow
    Can somebody help me with my trouble?
    When I start MP or SP game is crashing.
    My LOG:

10:24:15.412 --> [i]:Prepare Crossfire Start

10:24:17.980 --> [i]:Starting Crossfire

10:24:39.916 --> [i]:Crossfire is running

10:24:53.854 --> [x]:Crossfire Exit - CODE1

10:24:54.352 --> [i]:Crossfire was closed

I tried to fix it in 2 days, but did not find the answer :frown:

• Crash to desktop

A crash to desktop is a computer program crash which is said to occur when a program unexpectedly quits, abruptly taking the user back to the desktop. Usually, the term is applied only to crashes where no error is displayed, hence all the user sees as a result of the crash is the desktop. Many times there is no apparent action that causes a crash to desktop. During normal function, the program may freeze for a shorter period of time, and then close by itself. Also during normal function, the program may become a black screen and play the last few seconds of sound that was being played repeatedly before it crashes to desktop. Other times it may appear to be triggered by a certain action, such as loading an area. Crash to desktop bugs are considered particularly problematic for users. Since they frequently display no error message, it can be very difficult to track down the source of the problem, especially if the times they occur and the actions taking place right before the crash do not appear to have any pattern or common ground. One way to track down the source of the problem for games is to run them in windowed-mode.

Bottom right hand corner of the CF Launcher - click on the Gear Wheel and try different shaders and options, there is a box you can tick to run the game in windowed-mode as suggested above, to help you track down the problem.

For me Vanilla FL shader and a tick in the options box ADJUST TO DESKTOP RESOLUTION works the best.

if You are still having constant crashes report at TiCKETS here at Swat and OP or one of the Moderators will help you sort things out.

Good Flying m8 :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• do u have windows defender running?

Another user recently had crashes because of it.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Had the same problem, solved with renaming game folder, which contains non-standart letters, then run as admin on Launcher.

Can you please add some details or screenshot? (curious what non-standart letters can be, I think 1st time I hear things like this).

• wen das spiel unter win 10 nicht richtig startet da reicht es wen man die schritte befolgt: unter win 10 auf apps & Features da auf Programme und Featurs und da auf windows features aktivieren oder deaktivieren da sucht man legacykoponenten und macht bei directply ein häckchen rein und dan solte freelancer ohne problem starten, ich habe es so gemacht und siehe da freelancert startet einwand frei

• we had the same prob on a recently new installed computer (with win 10). solution in our case: change shader to vanilla (in launcher you find the options for that).

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Had the same problem, solved with renaming game folder, which contains non-standart letters, then run as admin on Launcher.

Can confirm that this is a thing. My game folder had a trademark symbol in it, and when I got rid of it, the updater ran and everything works fine, no error code 1.

• im curious.... why did the folder have a trademark symbol?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!