UAC news....

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Tranquil_Dominance.

• I am discussing with UAC board (yes, we have some active board members :P) the possibility to create an sub-corporation to take a more active role on the server, the UMC (Union Marine Corporation).

Apart from the militar name, UMC is strictly (spelling?) an police division, with the main objective beeing to help the helpless freelancers who are out there on their own.

No, this will not be mercenary service, as WILL NOT ask for payment.

Also, the idea is still on development, so don't seek for UMC members yet, nor ask for help to normal UAC members.

The UM (Union Marines) will have an personal identification tag, so UAC tagged chars ARE NOT policemen.

Thank you for your attention.

Mr. Ruivo out.

• but you know that there are serverrules about clantags?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yup, for example {UAC}PilotName(UMC), so still tagged as UAC members :D

{UAC}Tranquil_Dominance/ {UAC}Tranquil-Dominance/ {UAC}Tranquil$Dominance/ {UAC}T_D-Bank1//

With the development of Crossfire 1.6 it's good that you have decided to join our comunity. Almost all server clans are recruiting new members, as indeed are we. If you're simply just interested in knowing more about us, or you're considering applying for a position with us, have a look at, or sign up now on our forumshere.

COPYRIGHT 2145 - 3043 UNION AEROSPACE CORPORATION

• ya, i've meant chars tagged purelly with UAC. UM will have a personal identification, just as "{UAC}marine{UM}" or somthing similar

• the idea is good, but there is no way a new player/freelancer will know who or what they represent: pirates or someone who is there to help them

i think there must be a better name for such clan. like UFP, Elite, Helper or something like that

but the idea is PERFECT, congrats

• Inferno here's an idea....why don't we incourage everyone who playes CF to read the SWAT forums first. Then they might have just a sliver of an idea what the the heck is going on on Cf???? ;)

• ok i may get everthing wrong inthis post so appolagies indemand

although it isn't any of my buisness, as i am from another clan allied as it may be

i think that your marines should be neither police or millatry due to the fact that IOC (to all intents and purposes thus far*) are a merchant navy. As which
    all other merchant navys in history have always had marines. Merchant marines have always had a remit for security of fleet property although usally following millitary docterine and rank system.

in short i think your marines should be more security and less police or millitary.

this imho would give you more options and continuety

i ask every1 to remember the start of this post where i said "i may get all this wrong" and "its not my buisness"

i am just thowing an opinion in to the melting pot

*not withstanading it asf status and all the assistance, bravery and determination its members have contributed to the war against csf

• Actually, that is an good idea, yes, if i wanted an militar force to provide security to our traders. In this case, i want to provide an security service for freelancers, and not only mutual protection inside my corporation.

I like to compare the UAC wth the OCP, from Robocop. As you will know if you've watched the movie, OCP was a private corporation that controled Detroit police force. Althought, i have no delusions of controling the standard sirius force, nor i want to do that, i just want to provide assistance to everyone.

For instance, when you have a train, and you're trading on your favorite trade route. Then a pirate stops you and asks for money. Perhaps you would stall him as long as you can and ask for help to another BG member right? But what if you were a freelancer, with no clan mates to ask for help. Who would you call?

Please, don't think we'll do the same job that gunny and the CFPD does, we'll not uphold the law. We will simply do whatever we can to help someone that asks for help, staying inside the law.

• keep in mind the tension between the OCP and the Detroit police dept before you go to far with that analogy. :) Also keep in mind that cf has a military (BG) and a police force (CFPD) already that you would be adding to. Talk about confusing?? when you identify yourself as a police officer without the CFPD tag to a new freelancer they will be a bit confused i am thinking.

Perhaps a smaller security force, like you might be thinking. Not police or military, but strictly security. After all, i dont want you taking my job :D

[SIZE=5]Crossfire Police Department[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Duty above all but Honor[/SIZE]

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    Chars: [Capt]Osiris[CFPD]; [Capt]Osiris{CFPD}; [CFPD]Osiris; [CFPD]Osiris_Freighter;{Capt}Osiris[CFPD];
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• Indeed, the concept still is a little confusing, that's why you don't see any UAC marine online yet, the idea is still on the creation process. Just look at my banner and you'll see, "Energy -DEFENSE- Aerospace Bioresearch". But don't worry about your job, i c that you understood perfectly the general idea. And we're no server clan so... nothing will never be server-official.

The clan can be small, but one thing is for shure, it is my baby, and i'll perish with it if needed :))

• no, it's not my style :), to me this is more than just an game clan, it is an old-school passion. Since 94, when i've first played Doom, and read the story on the manual i carry this love for uac. I print stickers to put on my books, write tales, design all sorts of images and wallpapers. I even created an PalmTop background theme to use on Zlaucher and Ispin. You can call me nerd if you want, or even obssesive, but i like to create it on the most smallest details. To me the idea of "wings" wouldn't fit in the role of an interstellar mega-corporation. And this isn't new, everyone seems to love ficticional, sinister corporations, like OCP in robocop or Weyland-Yutani in the Alien movies. So u see, i think that in this role an subdivision or branch would fit better. But keep talkin, i really enjoy reading opinions and sugestions, this is a subject that i like to talk about :)