Crossfire 1.62 status

There are 148 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by DC_Neorok.

• Yea, CF is really a great mod, but just being the best one won't make a mod popular, you need to keep your players, even those who just heard about the mod and are checking it out. I don't think it's a good strategy making a server inaccessible for a couple of days - well, the OP probably has good reasons for not having a test server for such purposes, but it will most likely make new players look for alternatives, which is a bummer, because its a really good mod.

This isn't meant to be a complaint, i know the work involved in larger software projects, it is merely an advice, just in case you aren't already aware of it ;)

Cheers,
    Umpani

• Hehe, it's better we wait longer and catch all the bugs than rush it like last time :D. 1.62 will be another step higher than its predecessor, and it'll be great. I'm starting to miss Altair though; can't wait to sneak a few gattlings back into my hoard :] .

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• i just miss the players i tried sp but the CF universe just too lonely

hope you right about char wipe cos i am as confident as you are

and 1.62 is one step closer to perfection or maybe just maybe its already there

to new players who are possibly put off by down time of server accsess dont be, the quest for perfection will take time every version has improved on the last.
    1.57 was widely considered as the gold standard of
    FL mods 1.6 pretty much advanced it to the only one to beat.

1.61 and its subsequent problems and drawbacks, has been a setback and nothing more but a pain in OP's
    back side as some of the problems could have been
    "allegadly" avoided

thanks OP for the efforts that have brought so much to so many's life.

The users who we lose will either come back or be replaced by others either way the community improves.

so in short we get (as a community) stronger, better and in all ways more advanced.

• I do have a question Flyin Please stop spamming to have a higher Rank in ur Profile it just gets annoying. Thnxx bro and please don't get mad.

Dragon wing, Dragon Corps rank Lieutenant Colonel, CSF, DC chars: DC_John_Donow[T], (DC)_John_Donow(Lt.Col), DC_JD, DC_[Lt. Col]_Donow

• Si dont back down from the mighty god of dobber, sorry donow.

He aint the man ,, he shits u , u shit him back. The guy gave me some cheek one night and i fucking shut the guy up in 2 secs.

Do the same man ,, be a man and dont whimper under the pressure.

THE GAYS HAVE SPOKEN

• boy george.

Flyin's business is none of your affair. If Flyin wants to be a thinking human being then thats his business.

When you crap on one of my m8's, I will crap on you back.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• Boy save this for space m8. U did not make me shut up. Ur stupid and i take offense to u putting me down. That is not a good way to get the GAY's to be liked by the DC's. Ne way ur still ok with me Boy just don't talk crap.

Dragon wing, Dragon Corps rank Lieutenant Colonel, CSF, DC chars: DC_John_Donow[T], (DC)_John_Donow(Lt.Col), DC_JD, DC_[Lt. Col]_Donow

• Burro , ur obviously not one of those humans that think.

remember Burro , breathe , blink breathe.

remember Burros do bite ,,, after they have had major surgery to correct their cleft palate

• Burro, I think the point he made was eloquent.

No need for personal abuse in here. Si should have stood up for himself.

Don't get me angry???

Don't make me laugh.

• I fully respect johns post and furthermore have taken his point seriously

i have no intentions of attacking him for giving me his honest opinion

i consider myself a fair and resonable man and its a matter of personal honour that, this is not exclusive
    to the times i am in the rite, freinds (i consider john to be one) and enermys alike to pubically voice there opinion of my behaviour.

also i do not consider this post to be spam, unessasary
    or an attempt to increase my rank as whilst i invite critasisum i also reserve the moral right to a reply or comment

in short i have no need to defend myself against a freinds opinion

• @ GAY-1,

Angry ??? Sorry m8 dont know what you are talking about.

Eloquent point? More like cultural imperialism.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• Here we go again. Blah blah blah.

Take it to space please.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Burro , i have been nice to u man , always saying hello etc.

You have offended me with ur slur and as such i have no alternative other than to tear u another orifice.

See u in space man ,, i will have the leather chaps ready to pull on to ur lifeless cadaver

THE GAYS HAVE SPOKEN ( again)