Crossfire 1.62 status

There are 148 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by DC_Neorok.

• @OP...artistic licenses like anything else allows a person to add what ever they want....even if it doesn't make sense. Sci Fi is more art, like your mod, than fact. Work, Bils, Debt, personal problems are all part of reality. We're not really playing FL/CF for the reality sake but the emersion and the chance to get away somewhere we can't in REAL life. So My idea was just an idea...but not a bad one if I do say so......

And for any who miss my point i was refering to the idea of death sound like being added to the death of the DK.

• Currently, my favorite addition would be sharing the same map between chars created from the same multi-player ID.

BTW New Zealanders split the atom and invented the Jetboat, amongst many other things.

Thanks for all the effort OP.

Chars : DC_Red_Katipo, DC_Red_Katipo*, DC_Red_Katipo**, DC_Red_Katipo^, DC_Red_Katipo^^

=====================================
    'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
    (Albert Einstein)

• Famous German Joseph Begun was a pioneer in the field of magnetic recording.Martin Behaim

The first globe was made by famous German map-maker, Martin Behaim in 1492.

Karl Benz (Carl Benz) - Karl Benz was the German inventor and mechanical engineer who designed and in 1885 built the world's first practical automobile to be powered by an internal-combustion engine.

Emile Berliner - In 1887, the Famous German Emile Berliner invented a system of recording which could be used over and over again and many copies of the original recording could be madeKarl

Ferdinand Braun - German Ferdinand Braun invented the cathode ray tube oscilloscope in 1897.

Wernher von Braun - The V-2 Missile was developed in Germany from 1936 through the efforts of scientists led by Wernher von Braun.

Wernher von Braun - Sputnik Biographies of Wernher von Braun (1912-1977)

Gottlieb Daimler - In 1885, Gottlieb Daimler invented a gas engine that allowed for a revolution in car design.

Rudolf Diesel - Rudolf Diesel was the German inventor of the diesel fueled internal combustion engineDaniel

Gabriel Fahrenheit - Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit was the German physicist who invented the alcohol thermometer and the mercury thermometer in 1714.

Heinrich Geissler - The geissler tube named after Heinrich Geissler, a German glassblower.

Edmund Germer - Edmund Germer invented a high pressure vapor lamp, his development of the improved fluorescent lamp and the high-pressure mercury-vapor lamp allowed for more economical lighting with less heat.

Otto von Guericke - The inventor of the nothing we call a vacuum.

Johannes Gutenberg - Johannes Gutenberg is best known for the Gutenberg press, an innovative printing machine that used movable type.

Heinrich Hertz - The unit of frequency of a radio wave - one cycle per second - is named the hertz, in honor of Heinrich Hertz.

Felix Hoffmann - In 1899, a German chemist named Felix Hoffmann, who worked for a German company called Bayer, rediscovered aspirin.

Gabriele Knecht - Patented the Forward Sleeve design for creating clothing.

Hedy Lamarr - On June 10 1941 Lamarr and composer George Antheil received a patent for their invention of a classified communication system that was especially useful for submarines.

Karl von Linde - German engineer, Carl von Linden, patented the process of liquifying gas in 1876 that is part of basic refrigeration technology.

Paul Nipkow - German engineering student - Paul Gottlieb Nipkow proposed and patented the first electromechanical television system in 1884.

Hermann Oberth - Hermann Oberth was a famous German rocket scientist

Nikolaus August Otto Nicolaus Otto invented a "Four-Stroke Internal-Combustion Engine" in 1876. He named his invention the "Otto Cycle Engine". As soon as he had completed his engine, Otto invented a motorcycle to use it with.

Wilhelm Röntgen - Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen discovered X-rays.

Ernst Ruska - Germans, Max Knott and Ernst Ruska co-invented the electron microscope.

Charles Proteus Steinmetz - Charles Proteus Steinmetz was a pioneer in the field of electrical engineering who invented a commercially successful alternating current motor.

Werner von Siemens - The first electric elevator was built by the German inventor Werner von Siemens in 1880.

Graf Ferdinand von Zeppelin - Ferdinand Graf von Zeppelin was the German military officer who developed the rigid dirigible a lighter-than-air vehicle that became known as the zeppelin.

Konrad Zuse - Konrad Zuse was the creator of the first freely programmable computer.

well there are many more but i think it is enough
    it has a reason why germany is also called "the country of thinkers"
    but si is right... to talk and to think in dimensions of single countries is just plain stupid cause this is one whole world and as soon a invention is made it will be copied by china ^^ (china recently made a 1:1 copy of germany's Intercity Express (ICE)

talking about scifi and germany.... we should never forget that germany layed down the base for modern airplanes and spaceships
    oh and we should also not forget that germany reinvented the meaning of war (including the first radioactive bomb which has been tested in germany)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• you always have the chance not to read it

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• heh heh... were good at copyin

In game char: {UAC}Ziq.Alpha_F, {UAC}Ziq.Beta_F, {UAC}Ziq.Delta_T

Freelancers looking for a clan? or more RP? Check out UAC forum to know our organisation and what you can get by joining us. We are looking for active players with strong sense of commitment. Together lets build the best roleplay clan! UAC needs you!

*Friends are the family we choose for ourselves*

• I think there is this German guy that invented something called Crossfire. Hmmmm not sure. lol.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    oh and we should also not forget that germany reinvented the meaning of war (including the first radioactive bomb which has been tested in germany)

congratulations :(

• ...a brazilian (ALMOST) invented the airplane!
    Yes... (of course I will be trucidated by some of u, if not all) one of the greatest inventions of the last century, the airplane, was accomplished by a brazilian... or ALMOST... there is a controversy about that... but we probably never will have a chance to rewrite history books
    Take a look at:
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/p…brazil.santosdumont.reut/ ;( [2]
    http://invention.psychology.ms…Dumont/Santos-Dumont.html

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

{LP}Amos and derivatives; {LP}Ivanov{X} from the Altair branch of LP

• and we never should forget about the greece ppl who invented democracy and the american ppl that invented a way to spread democracy nowadays ^^
    ... or was it about oil? lol

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i thought you always spread democracy using the armed forces 8o
    all great empires were built this way,
    you persuade the country that your view of democracy is better than the one they are currently using :D

Too old to care
    Too dumb to quit

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    Isaac Asimov

Playing character(s) : Oldgit ,1412

• well.. i can say for that bcuz i study history. Santos Dumont designed, constructed and piloted the world first first true airplane, that could take-off, cruise and land, without crashing, all on his own, in France.

But, i also recognize facts, the Wright brothers WERE the first humans to fly, there's no doubt on that, even though some of my friends disagree with me, saying that noone was there to witness it.

But to claim that the Flyer was an airplane, is a bizarre mystake.

If you think for a moment, you will realize, that there's no matter who of them was the first one, as long as the Wrights flown in America, and Dumont flown in France.. so they didn't actually met. Dumont and the Wrights created each one, their own flying method. But until proven otherwise, Dumont still created the first true airplane.

BTW

one of the greatest inventions of the last century, the airplane, was accomplished by a brazilian...

i didn't quite get the irony of your statement.. if there's any :P

• Thanks for the support Ruivo! You must be french... :D
    About getting the Irony: It was not irony... just caution...lol
    U know... i was affraid to be trucidated.

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

{LP}Amos and derivatives; {LP}Ivanov{X} from the Altair branch of LP

• lol, you know what is funny and really irony????

the server is running 2 days without a single player and only thing we CAN do is checking the forums and arguing about something what noones cares about. they invented almost everything and that is good for us and ONLY for us and next generation. Most of inventors are dead now and that is.

you will say now that im a party-breaker, but inventores ARENT the theme of this thread.

• The first radioactive bomb. Nice word OP, because it was just radioactive and never became explosive here. Just a few litres of deuterium were missing to make the experimentation succeed.

Btw., would it be possible to keep one server running at 1.61 until 1.62 is working properly server and client wise?

[1]