Destiny 2

There are 72 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by RubyPetersen.

• you have to shot these bugs before they explode ;)

My highest char currently is at 567 but i make nearly no progress anymore.

Dunno whats wrong. Probably just bad luck.

Only getting items that are lower than what I already have from powerful engrams. The t4 blind well runs for some reason do not even drop any reward for me while all other around me get their gear drops. Currently can not explain that.

The only real positive stuff is that a got a curated scout rifle drop which really is awesome.

I also did the iron banner stuff (set completed on all chars) and I think i also got a god roll on the pulse rifle (got multiple very good rolls).

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Seven weeks after the Forsaken release it is time for another review update.

I have reached level 600 (max light) last week had plenty of time to dive into this new expansion.

Unlike the previous DLCs (Curse of Osiris and Warmind) the new Forsaken update came with a major and overdue overhaul of the game, which satisfied the majority of the playerbase.

Forsaken increased the light level you can reach from 380/400 (400 only if you had very specific items that were released in the final weeks prior to forsaken) to 600.

This in result is a very large gap that players have to overcome to max out their chars. Up to level 500 this can be done easily by playing the new story content. Lvl 500-600 is a very ambitious grind that keeps players busy and motivated.

Good is that there are much more activities which allow you to make progress in the game and that now there are many different activities which reduce the repetitive grind.

The main problem might be that there is so much content in the game that you either have to go the casual way and say "I play what I enjoy and take whatever reward I get in the process" or you try the hardcore way get the max rewards that every week has to offer.

I personally tried to run a middle way since I always try to play effectively. In the end I cycled through the daily content until at the end of the week I had the weekly milestones done. e.g. every week there are 2 daily strike milestones and one weekly which requires you to do 3 strikes during that week. By doing the daily ones I automatically completed 2/3 of the weekly milestone.

Simply said if you combine the different tasks and cycle through them effectivly you finish all goals in less time.

But lets see what the main changes in Forsaken are.

There are 2 new locations in this DLC. The Tangled Shore which is a compact asteroid field on which you can play and then there is the dreaming city which is a secret location where the Awoken kept their biggest secret: the last living wish dragon (an old alien species which almost went extinct).

The lore behind all of that is really really cool. Generally the lore of the game is awesome.

Not so good (again) is the story campaign. Main problem in my eyes is that the story campaign is too linear, too short and the fact that the developers have spoiled almost everything in the 3 months prior the resease of this DLC.

It is very hard to be surprised and or have an emotional reaction when you already know what is going to happen... when you have seen 5 different trailers in which every detail of the story was spoiled. You simply dont care anymore when you play it.

It is also a shame that part of the storyline is not based on campaign missions but on a set of small repetive adventures which you have to complete in order to continue the campaign.

Kill Scorn barron 1, kill Scorn baron 2, kill Scorn barron 3... etc.

In my eyes this could have done in a more interesting way.

But ok, the story campaign is just the entry point to the more interesting part of the game. The Dreaming City and all of its secrets. And yeah, there is a lot to explore there. Even after almost 2 months the millions of players have not discovered all the secrets yet. Partly because the dreaming city is in a time loop because of a curse. Every week the appears to be different. Every 3 weeks the curse has its peak becore the cycle starts again. And only at its peak certain activities are available. Every now and then new secrets appear in the game, new story gets added.

e.g. The curse started at the day the first group of players did reach the end of the new raid and killed Riven. When the first cycle had its peak for the very first time players found the entry to the shattered throne (I played it on the first day it was discovered and failed because back then it was way too difficult for my low light level).

Also new weapons were discovered on the peak of the cycle.

Destiny 2 turned into a very dynamic world which provides challenges and secrets to discover.

Something which I really like.

With Forsaken the gameplay of the game also changed. While in the first year every weapon and armor had fixed perks the 2nd year now has random perks. That means you can get a hand cannon as random loot with perks that are really crap and one day later you get the same hand cannon with perks outperform everything you got before. You now have an incentive to hunt for certain perk combinations which turn a mediocre weapon into killing machine.

Unfortunately there is a downside to this.

None of the year one armors are availble with random perks and only a hand full year one weapons have the new random perk system. That renders 99% of the items you had in the first year of the game useless.

I dont know why the developers did this shit... especially since many weapons and armors from year one are much better looking than similar content from year 2.

I wish I could use my armor from the first year without all the disadvantages it has now compared to the ugly junkyard look armors that came with Forsaken. I really hate the look of the new armors. Yes, "hate" describes it very well.

I want to use my cool weapons from year one... without being outperformed by a year 2 god roll. I cant even use mods anymore on my year one stuff.

Because of the changes... or I better should say because of what the developers have not changed, hundreds of items are obsolete now.

I really hope that the developers see this mistake and deliver a fix to this miserable situation.

With Forsaken a new PvPvE game mode was introduced.

Generally the idea behind it is very cool, but it has its flaws.

Two teams have to fight NPCs in two seperate arenas and collect motes which these NPCs drop when they die.

Then these players have to bank these motes to increase their score.

If a player dies he is going to lose his collected motes.

Thats the PvE part of the game mode.

The PVP part is that players can invade the other teams arena and disturb that other team (by killing it).

After banking 75 motes the teams can summon a Primeval (a large NPC boss) which needs to be killed.

The team which kills the Primeval first wins the game. PVP kills during this phase will heal the primeval of the opposing team.

This game mode is loved and hated at the same time.

You can be as good as you want with the PVE stuff... when you get invaded and you get killed while you have 15 motes in your hands the frustration level escalates. You can even summon your primeval long before the enemy team and still lose the match because an invader constantly kills your team and heals your primeval this way... until the point where the opposing team summons their own primeval and kills it.

Ive seen secure victories going down the drain and people freaking out because of it. I am so glad that there is no game chat between the teams active during the match. You would see curses and insults the entire time.

The pure Crucible PVP modes are relaxed gameplay compared to Gambit. You play it... if you play good you win... if not you lose.

But Gambit can be the most frustrating experience... especially when you need that kill in order to finish a milestone. Or even worse... when you summon the special Malfeasance Primeval and fail to kill it before the other team kills it on their arena. That specific Primeval is ultra rare atm. The chance for it to spawn is highest during the 3rd week of the dreaming city cycle. And in both of these weeks I have seen that Primeval only ONCE eventhough I played Gambit very frequently during these specific weeks. Fortunatly I was able to kill it on that first try (it was very close). I would have gone crazy losing that match.

On top of all the regular Gambit frustration comes the fact that certain weapons outperform any other weapon. This meanwhile was slightly patched but in my eyes still is an issue.

I am in the fortunate situation that I managed to find weapon combinations which are very powerful and I can use these overpowered weapons aswell. I have a choice which allows me to always hit a high score.

But that of course is no guarantee to win. If your other team members have no working strategy you can only hope that the enemy team has even worse dumbasses.

I guess Gambit can be best described with "stomping sandcastles"... somebody is having fun... somebody else gonna cry.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I love the new Gambit mode too - but its not the game and invading that turns the tide - its the weapons that the invaders use. There have been times - its meanwhile a little better - that every one of the team has had the sleeper simulant (a linear fusion rifle (looks a bit like a laser weapon) with excellent aim assist - usually a one shot kill rifle). I still freak out if your opponent does not hit you, but then in the same moment you are instantly killed nonetheless.

And you need to have teams that split itself in one part that supports killing the enemies (pvp and pve) but dont collect the motes, and the other one focusing on collecting the items. 1 player that has some PvP skills (or the sleeper simulant :)) who invades the other team's arena, Also spare the super for summoned primeval if you have a damage buf of 5 or bigger.

As for the forsaken story, yah - you said it. It is boring, especially the part with killing the barons - not really a challenge and always the same structure. However the new DLC perfectly fits into Destiny as it proceeds with the story - it fills the puzzle. Players learn something about Mara and her beloved brother Uldren - what has happened to them. Which brings me to the dreaming city. There they did really an excellent job. It looks fantastic, the new challenges and the adventures tell the story, you can visit Mara now and then, a kind of hidden world (Shattered Throne); a little mini Raid to get an exo bow (which with you can destroy special "awoken" eggs) - simply said only this map keeps you busy for weeks - which you also require - due to the looping curse :)

signature.png

• The Sleeper is still deadly even after the patch.

It has one of the highest damages in the game... the aim assist got better but even if slightly miss you still have the chance that the 5 ricochet rounds hit something.

I recently completed the Malfeasance quest (I aim to misbehave) which requires to kill 25 guardians and also kill a complete enemy team with one invasion. I am usually not invading much... but in that case I whiped the other team with ease using the sleeper simulant and a shotgun.

In the final phase many teams make big mistakes. Like you said some use their super too early. Others dont use it at all.

Its also pointless to user power ammo or shotguns on the primeval early after summoning it. Its better to lean back and kill a few adds.

It is absolutely certain that you get invaded during this early primeval phase and more than just likely that the invader does a few kills to heal the primeval.

But at the moment the invader is off the map again is the perfect time to fire everything you have at the primeval.

I tried to use the EP shotgun at the beginning as this is one of the best damage dealers in the game but meanwhile I gave up on this strategy since the primeval instantly pushes you back 10-20m once you did the melee attack in order to trigger the 50% bonus damage. It certainly is the strongest shotgun you can use but since you most likely get pushed so far away you cant really make use of it.

I decided to go with a different weapon loadout. An autofiring Suros energy sidearm from year one (I believe the Dead Man Walking; -> sidearms are great, even the old ones) to break shields and kill adds. In the first slot I am using the Perfect Paradox shotgun which has high range, high damage and is 100rpm (I love that gun). And of course the sleeper in the 3rd slot.

I meanwhile feel bad about the win streak that I carry around with me for quiet some time.

Shattered Throne is really nice. Like I said during the first peak of the curse I was slightly over lvl550 and had to give up at the taken ogre which was 590. Even the small enemies did hit really really hard in this dungeon.

On the 2nd peak I went with 2 clan members straight for the bow. That is if you can call it straight.

First figuring out how to most effectively kill that orge... then face Savathuns daughter and her 3 knights. After that the hidden tangled shore boss.

Then back into the shatter throne.,.. all the stuff again but this time additionally collecting orbs and killing additional bosses until the room with the ogre where you have to kill the wizzards in time plus kill an extra ogre before you can take out the big shielded ogre again.

I think all of that took us about 2 1/2 hours. It certainly can be done faster once you have a working strategy for the boss fights.

Now that I have the bow I might do all of it again just to find the hidden eggs.

Getting the Malfeasance isnt much easier. A bit shorter but you also have to do a special version of the corrupted strike at 580. We tried to 2 man this... but eventually decided to call for help. Even with 3 players this is pretty challenging. But I think you can play it with up to 6 players.

I went through this part of the quest 3 times meanwhile in order to help clan members.

Yeah... I like these challenging quests.

I recently also carried a few people through the whisper of the worm quest. (its so easy now)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• For everyone who wants to try out the game.

In November 2018 (now) you can get the base game for free. Register at battlenet and get it for free.

If you like it... good. If not... also good because you didnt pay anything.

Its a good chance to try it without making a purchase. You can play the base game without any limitation as long as you want.

IF you like it and want more, the Forsaken DLC meanwhile comes with the previous 2 DLCs included. So you dont have to pay extra for everything.

base game = free (atm)

+ Forsaken (now including all previous DLCs)

+ extra loot and bonuses using a referal link within the first week after purchasing Forsaken

My referal link:

Refer A Friend | Bungie.net

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Btw. the game is only free until 18th Nov.

You can registert a battlenet account for free and claim it as long this offer is still valid.

I btw. have multiple battlenet games which I didnt have to buy. On an off there are games for free.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I make a bold prediction.

He is going to be the new Hunter Vanguard. Its his dare.

This one's for any Hunter who kills me. Best guess: Marcus Ren? You realize you get my stuff now? ALL my stuff. INCLUDING the Hunter Vanguard gig. Yeah, congra-tu-lations, dummy. That's what we call a Vanguard Dare. Sucks, doesn't it?

Uldren was the dummy that killed Cayde. Now he gets resurrected and turns into a guardian. Since he doesnt really look like a titan or warlock... apparently a valid Hunter dare.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hello, guys I am new here and I just want of open myself I am Ruby and also like to play video game. Destiny 2 is one of my favorite video game to play. Apart from the Destiny 2 I also like to play other shooter video game like COD.

What about Call of duty? Has anybody played this game over here.

• Years ago - now i am too old to follow this hectic game any longer and well hit the opponent in time :D :D :D

Actually all this flying and jumping and wall climbing destroyed the COD fun.

So why don't you go for the other adventure game like GTA?

Well, you can also explore more in the game to get more fun.

• he is old... but not that old

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,