Chapter 10 - Mission 37 jammed [SOLVED]

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by LordRaydenMK.

• Hello Pilots,

• Hi LordraydenMK,

Thanks for the response.

Yep, I did follow all the waypoints in proper order, without skipping any/taking alternative routes. I had the mission waypoint "battleship Osiris" in Kyushu active when the cinematic starts and then just jams.

Any ideas what to try to be able to proceed?

Edited once, last by cauac9 ().

• Hi Cauac9,

it's long time ago but I had the same issue. If I remember me right I used the trade lane to reach the last way point faster. Using cruise and not the trade lane for the last way point solved the problem on my site.

Greetings
    Thomas

Chars: Thomas_CF1, TL_01, TL_RC, TL_Trans, TL_BS

• Please upload your mission 38 save here so I can test it. And try attached save (is assured that this one works 100%). If that one works, then something still not work well with your savegame files.

• Thank you Thomas CF1 & Martind Forlon :sehrgut:

@Thomas_CF1 - I considered using the tradelane to reach the mission waypoint faster the 1st time I arrived to Kyushu in this mission, actually the very reason I did not and chose to 'cruise' to the destination was that I wanted to make sure not to do anything that could mess up the script or cause problems in the gameplay. So unfortunately, this will not solve the issue.

Martind Forlon - Thanks a lot! I will try the file you uploaded and I will upload my savegame file for you to test. Allow me latest until tomorrow to do that as I'm not physically at the same location as the PC I use to play CF wih currently.

• Low and behold Friends - I got the mission working! :thumbsup:

And my bad, it was actually mission 37 (named: "Houses United"), not 38 as I initially said.

I'll try to describe what I did differently this time compared to when it didn't work, just if this happens to help someone.

So the previous cpl of times I had the problem, I did not restart from the actual "Mission 37" savegame but a savegame that I made just after initiating the mission. In this savegame I had (after meeting Juni at Manhattan planet bar) visited the equipment dealer and the accommodities seller at Manhattan prior to launching to space as the mission objective requires.
    On the way to Kyushu, I had cpl of minor scuffles with some factions I have negative rep with so reaching waypoints was slightly delayed on that part. Also, as Silverfox pointed out above (Thanks for that!) I did lose contact wih Juni & King briefly on the way (entered a tradelane very quickly so that they were +15K behind me and did the Jump to Kyushu before they were right next to me).

Now what I did differently when I got the mission working:
    - I restarted directly from the "Mission 37" savegame
    - Visited equipment dealer and accommodities seller prior to talking to Juni in the bar
    - Skipped all combat on the way to Kyushu
    - Made sure both Juni & King were right next to me all the way

I finished the SP campaign yesterday and oh boy, what a handsome ending battle was waiting there! :herz::sehrgut:
    I want to thank the whole Swat-portal team once again for the Crossfire mod - Keep on rockin' guys :neo::thankyou: Gave my support to you at modDB on 'mod of the year' -vote before.

I'll be doing what I can to hone my skills in the cockpit and perhaps one day I'll meet some of you at the MP servers. :daddeln::D

• Very nice! And with server visit ... fastest way to improve yours combat skills is join asap :) . There is protection which will keep you safe on your char start (up to lvl 40) and initial play time, but even after this you can significantly manage "risk" of PvP encounters. There is also possibility make unlimited amount of characters (five per one ID) and have many different ships for play. Cloaking device is also available in MP and you may like also try clan experience.

• Thanks for he info Martind!

I'll be giving a go for MP sooner or later for sure. Will study a bit more the MP in general here in the forums and see what seems the right way for me to participate.

And I'm sure you're right, a good humiliation in the 'hands' of a seasoned space combat veteran is a great motivation to practice & learn more PvP lol :D Curious to see how things work in the MP anyway!

• Hi there. When you decide to join us on MP there are plenty of seasoned veterans on here that are more than willing to help out a new player. DP even has a store ship just for helping out new players, so it makes things easier to get started properly. I was quite nervous when starting MP for the first time but found just about everyone was really helpful and friendly. We do have a good friendly server here. Even the pirates are polite :)