Them Damn Mine Fields!

There are 36 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Titan_addict.

• Heres an idea, Chili as a commodity.

Fight the best, Fall like the rest

Kido's Status: Freelancer

CF Characters:
    Kido (Searching for new ship)
    Kido(T[Commerce]270) {To be recommissioned}
    Kido(BS[Munich]640) {To be recommissioned}
    Kido(C[Fletcher]445) {To be recommissioned}
    Kido(GB[Antaeus]00) {To be recommissioned}

(Renaming. . . name for Freelancer)
    (Coming soon)

• I got a better one:

slaves

and you could make it contraband to house police and military so if they scan you and you're hauling slaves, everything green and white on your radar turns red

• hi all..
    i just finished play sp mode of this mod and wonder how to get to alaska... then i remember there was mission with tittle ROUTE TO ZONE 21... there is safe path through the mine field started around NEW YORK F-5...
    I use this path safely reach the gate and when i dock it... it says ACCESS DENIED...wth?? so its not posible entering Alaska through this gate?? or do i need anything particular to enter it?

• Till they get you an award, how's this m8.

juan_antonio don't fear no mine,
    He heads right on through them,
    And comes out just fine.

25 minutes tricky flying,
    Without once ever dying,
    Your ice cool by me, for even trying.

If you are really cool,
    Or just doggoned real lucky,
    Or skillfull, willing and feelling quite plucky.

If by mine fields, you are not vexed,
    There's a system called Hirruga,
    That you should try next!

But full credit to you for what you already did,
    You should be able to find all the wrecks in CF.
    No matter where they hid.

Have fun always.
    N. B. [thumb]

If things don't change, they'll stay the same.
    Then who the hell you going to blame, for not getting any better.

Resistance is Fertile !!!

Fly with Honor , Try with Honor , Die with Honor ![

• there are 2 other ways in
    midpoint rift
    and x-3043

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well thanx a lot Admin...i found the the gate
    to Custodian near Junker Base@NY... so thats where all starts....

BTW this mod is beautiful... thanks to the SWAT team that give us such a lot new things and experience while keep maintain original aspect of the game....I've tried almost mayor mod... they are good... but nothing compared to this one.

Just suggestion for future release.... instead of many system with only 2 base (regalis,casius etc), why not just 6-8 system with full content like original system. Thats will add more realistic aspect and seamless integration.

Jumpgates at X system is rather not realistic (of course thats only my point of view)...

But then again... outstanding job SWAT...

• read the CF story and you will understand why there are so many jumpgates in X

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yeah, i've been away for a while, but i'm back

thanks for the "award" guys! :D
    and the poem... brilliant... cheers N.B.!
    but i've already beaten Hiruga :] :P
    and mapped it... it took a while, longer than it took to beat the mines :rolleyes:
    i was using a sabre, nothing fancy, but if you have the right shields and max bots/batts, then you *just* make it.

• [eek2][SIZE=7]WHAT?!?! U FLIED THROUGH THE MINES IN HIRUGA?!?!? [/SIZE][eek2]

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Respect is due! [1752]

{UAC}Tranquil_Dominance/ {UAC}Tranquil-Dominance/ {UAC}Tranquil$Dominance/ {UAC}T_D-Bank1//

With the development of Crossfire 1.6 it's good that you have decided to join our comunity. Almost all server clans are recruiting new members, as indeed are we. If you're simply just interested in knowing more about us, or you're considering applying for a position with us, have a look at, or sign up now on our forumshere.

COPYRIGHT 2145 - 3043 UNION AEROSPACE CORPORATION

• its possible to fly through the minefields in Custodian, Hiruga and Zone-21 in NY. u just have to be going regular speed in order to do it--so that means that they arent like a wall ^^ i flew through both the Zone-21 and Custodian minefields in SP, wich took me like 45 mins :rolleyes: ...but i had to use invincibility for it, so its not possible to do it in MP.

• Maybe this is just a noob question, but is it faster to circumnavigate obstacles by flying over them, or around the side? As most of the objects in the game are positioned on a single, 2-D plane, I would think you could save time by cruising over or under minefields, radiation clouds, and stars. Or is there no "shortcut" presented by exploiting three-dimensional navigation?

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

Originally posted by Pandora
    I got a better one:

slaves

and you could make it contraband to house police and military so if they scan you and you're hauling slaves, everything green and white on your radar turns red

This is an old idea from Chris Roberts' original Wing Commander Privateer game. Whenever you fought a dogfight, there was a chance that the enemy pilot could be tractored into your hold. If you sold hm or her at the first base you landed on, everything was okay. But if you forgot, and took off with the captive in your hold, you could be targeted by the police or Navy for carrying "contraband."

Freelancer is essetially Privateer 3.

• Good to hear from you Titan. Long time. But I'll tell you if the pods were not worth anything, i.e. selling for a $1 at the first base, then I'd never collect them. Unless your point was to make it slightly more nefferious transporting them, more challenging. Then yes, I see your point.

• Don't forget that escape pods can be sold on Planet Crossfire for $100,000 apiece. It's actually rather lucrative to swat weak NPCs. All you have to do is shuttle them to Crossfire.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

Originally posted by ChiefRedCloud-AGE-
    Good to hear from you Titan. Long time. But I'll tell you if the pods were not worth anything, i.e. selling for a $1 at the first base, then I'd never collect them. Unless your point was to make it slightly more nefferious transporting them, more challenging. Then yes, I see your point.

Good to see you to Chief.

Acutally, I was just putting Pandora's post into historical perspective in the Wing Commander Privateer timeline. Not much more point to it. In CF's current iteration, collecting escape pods is one of the best ways to earn money, as long as you do it in such a way that you don't get yourself banned from Planet Crossfire. An Eagle wth a cargo hold full of escape pods is worth 7million creds. :-)