Game speed & mouse sensitivity

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Revan.

• Hi
    Unfortunately due to arthritis, I am having trouble controlling the game. Even with the mouse sensitivity at its lowest unless I am using the slowest of ships I am too erratic. Which I'm afraid makes it very difficult to play especially in combat. I don't want to make it easier pe se just make it more controllable for someone who is not quite as dexterous as they used to be. Is there anyway to achieve this, I am only talking about SP mode.

Thanks

• signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hi thanks for getting back, I can play around with the windows settings but it does not help. I probably did not explain myself clearly. I can manage Freelancer (for the moment) but not Crossfire. I don´t mind regenirating shields etc. and I don´t mind getting shot up but what I can´t do is control my ship´s movements. So every encounter ends up lasting forever, I can´t shot them and my erratic hand means they can´t shoot me. I would love to follow the new story so what I need is a way to slow both my turning etc and theirs. I am only talking about SP here as I don´t think I will ever be able to enter a MP world these days. I hope that makes sense

Thanks

• He means making the ship's agility / turn rate lower. In the first post he said he has issues with his hand, not buttons.

@GruntSF you cannot do that no matter it's in SP, the game will not allow you to change how fast ships turn, no matter what you try, the game will undo it and more...

BUT there is another solution for you ! Missiles. Try mounting less weapons, more high power missiles, cost more money/credits but they follow the enemies so you don't have to follow then :D There are some really good missiles around you can find in the WIKI, that can 2 hit kill nearly all small enemies, 1 hit for shield and 1 for hull.

EDIT: Crossfire missiles are faster, not only more powerful.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• if it is about agiliy, why not take a ship with less of it i.e. a freighter? and another thing is, that this quick small enemies u find mostly in the beginning of the SP campaign. later ur oponents get slower, but more powerful. so if u want we can provide savegames, which warp u directly to beginning of the extended storyline of Crossfire.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Take the same ship which use King on start, equip guns from Manhattan with highest damage and learn how to use rapi-fire combat technique (in wiki, combat video guides). Such way you can with some practice shot these fast npcs quickly. (and bcs this ship speed & agility you will be very hard to hit for them)

• Hi all
    Thanks for the tips, I thought it unlikely that I would be able to mess with the speed but you have to ask, especially as I don´t have too much of a problem with the original game. My fault for getting old I guess. I´ll give the missiles a try and if someone has a save game that can get me past the pesky quick enemies and into the new story bit, I would appreciate it, as I do look forward to seeing the new story and exploring.

Thanks again

• attached u find the first mission of the Crossfire chapters.

Files

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• You're not just getting old, we all are. I remember when I first played this mod a few years ago, the ship movement and mouse sensitivity were a big difference from the original Freelancer. Now I can't even remember the difference. Having sporadic hand movements will surely impede the success of some missions, like the race in Dublin, but luckily someone uploaded their game save for you :)

A little tip: There is easy/god mode in the settings from in the game, and I always traded cargo between each mission, because the amount of money needed for the next level can be a lot! If I remember correctly once you start the new story, you stay the same level until the end of the game, each new mission requires completing the last. Best of luck!

[RA] Revan

[Republic Alliance]
    (click for system rules)
    A Galactic Smugglers Clan in a galaxy not far away!