Small Questions about CF

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Apache.

• yes you have a dirty mind

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I have another question. (In fact I think I'll just make this a "small questions" thread if that's OK.)

In the Canis Sector, what are these "Sensor Echos"? They're kind of ominous... They have no weapons or shields, they're completely invisible ,and I can only hear them coming out of the trade lanes... and these systems were supposed to have been abandoned.

Illuminati in in CF 2.0 confirmed???

• They actually were meant to be part of a small side story which in the end was dropped due to the lack of time.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• since its not going to happen anymore it doesnt really make sense to publish any details

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• why adding something that is not even in the mod and actually dont even fit into the story anymore?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• What you mean they're not in the mod? I see them on my radar everywhere in canis sector....

If I made up an explanation it wouldn't be completely random of course, it would make sense to the story. Then, maybe they don't get a whole side story, but at least they're not completely unexplained.

I already have a few ideas... ^^

• mug3n's idea is interesting. OP-R8R wrote once, that we have the possibility to write side stories and if they are good enough, well, maybe they find a way into the mod. as far as i know, there are 2 of such side stories active (personally i found just 1). and those stories have no direct effect on the campaign. but, maybe this is just an idea of OP for one far day in the future, dunno ...

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• I'm just trying to make an interesting reason why they're there. Their story got cancelled, so now there's no real explanation for them... may as well make one for the wiki so curious people like me can be satisfied.

One idea I have is maybe they are an old defense mechanism left in canis the by DK to scare off any intruders from their old colonies and/or stations, much like the Ancient's drones, the difference being the Drones use physical force, where as the Sensor Echos are using psychological warfare to generate a creepy atmosphere. Then if you're brave enough to go somewhere the DK really don't want you to go (such as the Kavash Arc) then the Nomads take over from there.

• Tl;dr: it's a several systems wide radar jammer. I like the idea :)

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".