Elite Dangerous Reviews

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• maybe it gets better
    the review is just what i experienced in the past 2 weeks

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• @denne Reviews for ED have quite wide range of "scores" in reviews. It definitely have some issues, but on other side it is still in development and you not need to have any super-extra (read costly) hardware to be able run it on high details. And there is also absolutely clear, that this game is not fitting for everyone ... you can enjoy it, or not ... and this is imo only one thing which is really important for play any game.

• my concern is if it fits into a community like this one

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I still think player-supported faction is interesting, as it offers all types of gameplay and therefore the opportunity to be in a clan/group/corporation and still have relatively much freedom of playing.

I'm not 100% sure how that works exactly, but here is a text from Dev-Update 23/07/15

As part of Powerplay we stated that it would be possible for a minor faction in game to become a power. We've put together a process for how that will happen. It all starts with the minor faction, so in the next few weeks player groups can submit to add a minor faction to the game that will be used to represent that group in game. This registration process will be handled by the wonderful community team and they will gather the required information for adding the minor faction to the game. This will include the name of the faction, it's starting location, and type of government. Please note that to make things easier to manage there should only be one point of contact with each group. Zac and his team have already been in contact with many of the player groups so this will fold into his work there. This process will continue for the foreseeable future, so new player groups can form and stake their place in the game.

Unsure what are all different possibilities for support and how other human players act if they are close neighbours (constant blockade with PvP would be a bit boring, e.g.)

• Killed my first NPC today with a Sidewinder carrying coods between stations. Lasted a few minutes - but was quite OK for my feeling. And all that with Keyboard and mouse^^
    Also tried the HUD color changes and texture size improvements (described here).

Could afford a copra meanwhile, but tend to save some more money for a little transport - i am not up to fight my way through the universe.

signature.png

• my advice... use the cobra and make some money with it (trading rare commodies or smuggling stuff)... then equip it with a better frameshift drive (if possible a A4 one)

trading often involves to travel large distances or to make use of the galaxy map to see where to trade

whatever you do... dont try to do any kill missions

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Just for info: till 28 September is ED price on Steam 22,5 Eur.

• oh great... bought it at the wrong time then

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• they could spend it for fixing that damn FPS drop in supercruise
    really... going from 90 dps down to 14 is no joy

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,