65million left on char at all times ??

There are 53 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by The Original.

• 1-2h for 65 millions? hm don't think so. For me 20 millions is an evening. so it is 3-4 evenings ( if you are not harassed by pirates ). Not everyone is used to FL:CF as you are :)

• This all is based on experience and knowledge who is in space ... and you hardly can achieve this when you will play as in single-player. MP is very different and offers many advantages if you will give chance to really become community member. Make new Friends is something what is really important. It doesn't matter if they play the same rp, or are on opposite sides. One from best sources of fun is do role-play with friends .... it ofc will not work every time, but with more ppl you will meet, the chance for this will go up. And you may at some moment find out, that actively participate in server rp is what will give you fun ... not moneys.

Yesterday was in space after event some debate about 'deposit limits'. It was very interesting and were mentioned some things like 'how i can trust ppl which i not know with transfer' or 'why i should disturb others with my need for help' ... and this is exactly this, new players think when start play MP as in SP, they before (with unlimited banking) almost not needed to ask anyone. Was not needed trust to someone and so on. They fear pirates or police bcs want keep safe 'moneys' ... but why are you play cf? ... for moneys or for fun? Is so important have all in one single day? Try think little about this and ask yourself if this above isn't 'little' truth.

... was mentioned amount/hour ... some days you can have much more as was said in one single hour. Ask, talk and learn ... such way you will see soon that something like 'deposit limit' have perfect reason ... and is not a problem at all.

• Hi folks,
    (not even 2 weeks away and sooo much changes :P )
    Just want to ask a few things for better understanding and usage ingame BEFORE I get off ground.

So you can't use <deposit> command anymore, before THIS ONE CHAR owns 65 mills, right ?
    And the "bank account" we speak about means the money stored for ALL the chars on ONE account, right ?

Can any char of this one account use <withdraw> command to get money from the "bank account" ?
    (i.e. : one account with lets say 4 chars on it, 20 - 30 mills on the account, 4 - 10 mills on every char)

What happens on using <transfer> command ? (transferring money from one account to the char of another account) ?
    Until monday, when "banking seems to be changed, the money was transferred from the money of the "account" NOT from the money of the char.
    Has that changed too ?
    (what happens if one of the chars above transfers some money using <transfer>, lets say a char "owning" 6 mills by itself but "transfers" 10 mills to another player ?
    Will the 10 mills be taken from the accounts money or from the chars money ?)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited once, last by NucNuc ().

• Limit is only for deposit to account bank. Transfer from account bank works like before. When you will transfer via trade with other player, also there it is still the same.

• TY :)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• ... we are talking here ONLY about banking limit ;) ... try think little about this.

Hi, sorry to come back to this.
    I have 19 mio on my char and 100 mio on the bank.
    When I want to deposit something it says that 65 mio must stay on the char.
    For me this says any char ( not the account) has to have min 65 mio before he can transfer anything.
    That is a lot. Per account - somehow ok. Per char - wow.

• If you want move all your moneys, you need use trade (ask someone else for help who will come to position where you have your ships between which you want transfer, or who will deliver moneys to place where you need to have them). Deposit was limited exactly bcs a reason that players hide purposely moneys in their bank account to look as not interesting target for server role-play. ... exactly like 19M on char and 100M in bank :) ... it do not make difference for whathewer reason player keep majority of moneys in bank and only very small part on character.

• I understand the reasons you've set up this deposit limit, even though I don't follow your rationale behind it completly.

For PvP and role-play all you need is a .."role" aka license and being above lv 40.
    Why care for the money aka "lv" above that ?
    Money don`t tell you, if a plyer is "good" at pvp, only his frags maybe.
    And lv as well as frags can be easely looked up.

But having to wait until one char has 65 mill before he can deposit and - ONLY - then transfer it to another char, i.e. to build up his "personal fleet" to cover as many parts of the universe exactly FOR role-play, to get to the place of action ... that will now take a damn lot of time.
    Could act - esp. for new players - as a downside to keep them away from RP / denying it to them.
    Think this IS a difference.
    (Maybe lower that amount a bit ? to 40 mills perhaps ?)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• I dont know if anyone else seems to find this problematic but im
    struggling to move funds around i want to buy a ship or make more chars
    but i cant seem to bank my money to pull from bank to set up new chars

everytime i need to ask someone to fly in from God knows where
    to come play bank manager and top that give the person money for his
    time ...this sucks ..

now today i have been waiting 9 hours for
    help so i cant do anything and no one till this min has come online
    close or is willing to come help me ..

Am i the only one who is
    asking to lower the amount left on char setting to like 5 million ..i
    dont understand the 65 i really dont ..

• ... see this thread about cash deposit , there you can add your suggestions after reading the whole :)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• merged threads and duplicate removed

.. btw instead wait 9 hours is better keep 65M on char and transfer all what is above. This sum is chosen purposely, all other info is in previous posts.

• i would love to but me to be able to buy a 60 mill ship i need to gather a 125 million...65 must stay behind ....come on really ...me begging and nagging ppl for help is not gona make me friends ..i want be able to trade to make money

• Big thanx to dp and ape guy for the help ..in about a hour im going to have the same problem hahahaha i need to sell 400 pods on my bullpup and try transfer it to the train char hahaha ..but thanx guys i appreciate ur help..again plz atleast lower it to like 5 mill or evin 10 come on

• the limitation of the bank account was done on purpose and prevents that players exploit the game
    therefore it has higher priority than "uncomfortable money transfers"

fact is for nearly 10 years this game didnt even have bank accounts and players had to do transfers with the help of other players (which actually is good as it allows players to interact with each other more often)

the 65mio limit is reasonably high to prevent the exploit but at the same time is a joke compared to the money that the players usually make in this game/mod

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• the 65mio limit is reasonably high to prevent the exploit but at the same time is a joke compared to the money that the players usually make in this game/mod

exactly. tomorrow's best trade can give u more than 100 mill per hour. and all u need is a Mining Ship from Utopia.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• provided that the newcomers can actually make the required money to buy a miner on a new neutral char.
    I said before, lower the limit for Newcomers Only, so they can have their new neutral trading char set up, you can't limit people to one accuont.
    this is actually a form of forced RP that makes me think about disco (where I already rage quit btw)

• @Apache ... how you do want do this? ... new player have it written somewhere he is new? How system should see difference?

this is actually a form of forced RP

... :bomg: ... well, sorry for this next, but can't stop myself (sorry m8):

• @Apache ... how you do want do this? ... new player have it written somewhere he is new? How system should see difference?

maybe apply the same 10-hour limit that protects new players against pvp? under 10 hours: very small limit (2 mill maybe), over 10 hours: 65 mill limit