Problem instal mod into FLMM

There are 35 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• @ TNT
    Could you - perhaps - try the same as we do on the next installation trial :
    - manual registry cleaning as described above
    THEN
    - installation as in FAQs, ofc best in "compatibility mode" ;)

If problem remains you might try what Parkan has done :

i used 7 zip on _Crossfire20setup.dat and unpacked 2 folders:Interface and movies.Unpacked to mod folder and installed via FLMM.Work fine.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• after reading this and having a look in these files he is right 1.9 was still there beside 2.0. i have done 2 total reinstalls and run cc cleaner in the past and am surprised that these parts are still there now. at the weekend i,m going to do another fresh install also following the above.
    kermit

• @ Huor

This file is created "regularly" on all my installations.
    Not sure if related to CF OR to the installation of Freelancer
    here is how it looks atm with working installation
    (beside the eventual crash to desktop)
    [xattach=4998][/xattach]

Files

• regedit.jpg

(61.94 kB, downloaded 7 times, last: )

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• after reading this and having a look in these files he is right 1.9 was still there beside 2.0. i have done 2 total reinstalls and run cc cleaner in the past and am surprised that these parts are still there now. at the weekend i,m going to do another fresh install also following the above.
    kermit

an update to this post, i did follow this action as mentioned above and it worked out great and i,m smooth sailing oops flying ( space dust ) and solved a lot of problems . not big ones but annoying. well done for the suggestion nuc nuc.
    kermit

• i did everything told and restarted at every move.. the mod loaded fine to the FLMM after launching game from FLMM i could only see black screen.. than finally by pressing ESC ( i even tried not to ESC ) i see the screen of The las Stand than it crashes.. might it be because i am using parallels on a mac book pro?

• launching game from FLMM

.. this is not how it should be used. Please start this mod via shortcuts in win start menu (or via shortcut to freelancer.exe on desktop if you have it there).

• From another advicesof yours i fixed thw intro videos Forlon .. i can see them.. i also tried to launch the game from Desktop ShortCut and by from its original location.. it still crashes.. i watch all the good stuff.. when it comes playing in that stuff the game crashes to the desktop.. but i can see the " The Last Stand " screen .. :)

• Have you deleted (moved) whole savegame folder from your documents on disk C ?

• I have an update on the mentioned "augmented de-/re-installation :
    after the also above mentioned "thorough" preinstallation cleaning the installation was done:

• EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED in FAQs,
    • STEP BY STEP,
    • with PROPER WRITE PROTECTION removal as described,
    • with PROPER SECURITY-SUITE work-up as described and mentioned so often already

and you know what ? It works ^^

Ergo : most problems with installation are due to some nitty-bitty forgotten/leftover details in the installation process AS DESCRIBED due to ... HASTE :P

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Except NucNuce guide :)

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\Freelancer ? .. this freelancer folder was removed?

After this please use "eventvwr" and check for crash log there. Post it please into report in bugtracker ( Kick to dekstop ).

• i did everything told carefully... anything on my computer is running as administrator ( even my cat at home .. well i am not certain about the kettle in the kitchen ) .. it still crashes to the desktop after i see the Last Stand screen

• i use macbook pro and parallels for windows 8.1

Is this still valid for issue you have? If so, then it looks something on this system (macbook) not work as should (regarding CF) or his graphic power (different graphic drivers?) is not enough to run Crossfire. We do not had any chance to test CF on mac.

You may try use eventvwr (google for it) and copy here application crash log (whole please included offset and faulty module, we need to see what is there). Imo it looks like something on mac simply refuse give proper rights to CF files to be run properly.

Also can you try install Freelancer to other destination (not to windows protected folder?) ... like D:\Freelancer and try activate CF there? (maybe FLMM should be installed also to such place -- like D:\FLMM on mac)