Tau Dewa Nerfed

There are 60 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• A good number of players just did doff missions to level up. Which means they didn't buy Bonus boxes, hence making no money for Cryptic/Arc. So it had to be nerfed.
    Nerfing the tribble marks? That is just plain ridiculous.
    I was quite happy to spend some money from time to time to get Zen, but that's not gonna happen now any more. There's no logical reason to upset the player base like this.

• Ive made a mathematical approach on the xp boxes on the STO forums (probably the reason why i got silenced since that happened right after that and that thread got locked).

Well, a 1000xp box costs 200 zen since it has been nerfed.

From LVL 1 to LVL60 you need to earn incredible 758.000 xp.
    So thats 758.000/1000*200 = 151600 Zen.
    A standard LVL60 char without and further upgrades in spec points is worth 151600 zen.
    Or... based on lets say the standard Zen purchases (1100 zen for 9.99€) -> 1376,81 €.

I am sure that Cryptic or PWE did similar calculations and would like to see that money from the players.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• could it be that you sometimes calculate too much? Thought games are meant to be played and not calculated from top to bottom.
    If it takes 1, 2 or 5 years to earn that 151.600 zen then thats the way it goes - actually you dont need to pay anything as the game is mostly free to play.

The conditions for all are the same. Some have more time to play, some are richer than others. Do we have to be mad? Dont think so, the game is free and if Cryptic wants us to play the game in another way then that how it goes. When players leave this game due to this then its not what Cryptic wants but its their fault and they have to live with the consequences. You are not forced to pay real life money to make progress.

I think there is too much complaining lately...

signature.png

• Hello Fleet
    I feel that power leveling defeats the purpose of the game but cyptic needs to allow the gamer to play and gain the skill points needed to advance to the next level and mission.

• I think there is not enough complaining and calculation actually.

Games are about fun and some people in STO accept too lightly game breaking changes which destroy the fun of the majority.
    I have no problem if the developers earn good money with their work but i have a problem with the fact that meanwhile they consider players to be cows they can milk dry.

The game developed in a direction where it has become incredible hard to make any progress. Large parts of the game have become unplayable, frustrating or can only be played if you have epic gear and lobi ships which costs you your soul.
    Its hard to find missions that are still fun.
    And im speaking from the point of view of a lifetimer that had a nearly perfect ship build with extreme good equipment already. Today I even have even better equipment (only mk14... some ultra rare and epic). And I am not able to finish specific adv. missions anymore.
    So i am forced to play normal missions for nearly no reward.

The game used to be fun and motivating to play... but these times are over.

And no... its not only cryptics problem when players leave.
    Just take a look at the amount of time you have to way for a PVE to start when there are no players willing to play it anymore.
    Missions that used to be active prior season 10... mission where it was only a matter of seconds to find other players are now empty. You need to wait 10mins...15mins... 20mins or longer for such a mission to start.
    The chances to get specific accolades turned to impossible.
    And practically every mission where players came together to have fun is all of a sudden patched.... with reduced rewards, harder npcs and ridiculous "optional" requirements which actually are fail conditions.

Cryptics statement that ppl dont need T6 ships for the new content was a lie.
    Cryptics statement that all old content, all missions can be played easily with a t5 ship was a lie.
    Cryptics statement that the old elite difficulty would be the new adv. one was a lie because the new adv. difficulty is a shitload harder than the old elite ever was.
    Cryptic stated that this is the most successful expansion ever. A more obvious lie couldnt even exist.

I have seen dozens of false promises and game breaking changes in the past few weeks.
    Yeah... eventhough the STO forums turned into a rage zone I seriously think that ppl are not complaining enough yet. Too many people are simply accepting everything which of course motivates the developers to keep nerfing everything and asking the players to pay even more for less content.

If you think that everything is fine the way it is then Id ask you to join a PVP game now to see how "fun" it is these days. Or go to Kerrat and fire 2 minutes on a NORMAL borg cube before it explodes now.... with the only reward of some stupid consumables.
    Kerrat used to be one of the coolest game zones. Ive spent many, many hours there and now its nothing but frustrating.

I have no problem with challenging gameplay or long term goals to achieve... but i have a problem with developers which ruin the fun for the majority of players.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Havent played in Kerrat - dont like it for the fact that Klingons there were to hard for FEDs. Didnt liked the game - as i even didnt managed to conquer these points - cause i was always attacked before i could get it. Same applies to PVP - never really have played it as most of the teams were pro PVP gamers where a normal build had no chance.

Probably i am not doing all the stuff that is possible - but i played what i did like. Some PVEs and thats what i will do for the fun sake. Even if that means to loose an event now or then. And if progress is longer than i have to play longer :)

I can understand that people are frustrated - but on the other side people always moan instead trying to adjust. Moaning is easier^^

signature.png

• people can not adjust

how are they supposed to do that?
    In order to play the new missions successfully without failing players would need to get good equipment from the reputation system or from fleets.
    With the high amounts of dilithium that is now required to upgrade gear you will see less people spending their dilithium on fleet projects. People have to decide where they spend their hard earned dilithium (which for them is really hard to earn since the rewards from PVEs were reduced by 50%).
    New fleets will have a very hard time convincing members to donate dilithium to fleet projects... and this is not just a vague assumption... just go to the server and spend some time on ESD. In the past days there were always people trying to sell fleets or find someone who takes them over for the fact they can not handle the upgrade costs anymore.

But lets focus on the reputation gear.
    If players want to get better they should get the good rep gear then... right?
    How are they going to do that if the neural processors... the ancient power cells... and all the other items that you need in order to buy the reputation gear can only be earned by playing adv. missions (which are too hard for the new players).
    They have to get the new reputation gear in order to get better so they can play the adv. missions. But in order to get such reputation gear they have to play the adv. mission so they get the items required to by this gear?
    Cmon.... thats paradox.
    Egg or chicken?

People can not gain access to the good equipment because that would require them to play missions that are too hard to be played without that equipment in first place.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• since you cant do such missions alone by default grouping is not a new concept... you know
    problem is that adv. missions fail of the group has not enough dps (which is more than just likely if there are players without good ship and gear in the group)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Someone on the STO Forums posted a YouTube link which talks about how F2P games loose players. I found it rather interesting.

• very good
    pretty much what ive been saying for quiet a while

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The model described assumes that low budget players are wanting to afford to spend money to become a Whale player. Which is not entirely true. Free 2 play means i can play the game for free. Which is also true for STO. It does not say how this game is supposed to play free. If they want me to buy stuff then thats up to my decision to follow or not. I even dont see why everybody is looking at the Whale players. I dont care if anyone has an uber big ship and equipment. If he likes to play it then so be it. Must not mean i need to have the same to play.

If there is better equipment to play faster and harder then thats how it is. If they refund their costs then its good for all people who play the F2P game. Otherwise no one would play the game very soon if costs are not covered. Nothing is free in this world - except water falling from the sky :D

The concept is not wrong. People must not afford in game stuff if the game is free to play. People must not try to compete with Whales players. They really dont need. I could group up with players of the same kind with normal builds and have not bought any stuff and can have fun. You are not forced to play against these Whales - you can fight with them and they probably are a good addition to low level (in regards of equipment) player groups.

If you dont have the money or the time to upgrade your characters so you just can play the normal pve or pvps then whats wrong? I would then play the normal missions, if the elite or advanced or too hard. Does that take away the fun - dunno - i dont see why. I can try the elite stuff and loose, well a challenge then. I actually dont care really if i get 500 dil or 1000 dil. That just means i can get the same reward playing the whole stuff twice. Whats the problem? That means if players want to get advanced equipment then they have to play 2 or more times the same content over and over again then in the past. Good - now players actually need to play the game more than before, where some just spend a week or a month and then have all the stuff thats good which means they very soon get bored cause they have no challenge anymore and fun to play. Now this fast pace was reduced which gives the devs more time to release the next version, time that is required to work on concepts and bug hunting^^

The argumentation seems for me that you claim that stuff must be given to you in the same way you had before. No its not. I would link to our Crossfire rules, playing this game is not a right but a privilege. Again if they displease the broader player base then they need to live with the consequences - if players leave and no groups of players can anylonger play the game then the game is dead, the costs are not covered and the server will be closed. Not any of our problems actually or?

signature.png

• i vote huor to be excluded from fleet teamplay...
    we do the adv.
    he can stick to normal
    ^^

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :bcool:

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• well, i got 2 of 4 spec points back ...
    probably would have gotten all 4 back if i had not earned 2 of them again in that time ?
    ok nvm

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I kinda have to view things much like Huor....otherwise my lack of funds to upgrade my stuff would drive me even crazier than I already am :)

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Thats why ive released a new tutorial about short and effective Dilithium grinding.
    You wont get the dil instantly but over long term you will get enough to upgrade all your items.

And next to that I took care to make the grinding less repetative than usual.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,