Tau Dewa Nerfed

There are 60 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Last night there was an announcement in Tau Dewa that the devs are instantly closing all system patrols there.
    This is a reaction to the massive xp grind at the Japori system.

Now that its not possible to make xp there anymore there the possibilities to level up are seriously limited.
    Players get almost no rewards from story missions... PVE queues are bugged and nerfed... System patrols disabled... there is not much left to play anymore.
    Not only that xp grinders can not use the system patrols anymore... also all the people that wanted to earn Romulan marks have nearly no effective way to earn those. The Tau Dewa Daily can not be completed anymore... the Romulan marks are capped.

The Japori system grind was not even an exploit... it was a legit elite team grind.
    Its certainly worth to check if similar patrols exist in other sectors. The game mechanics shouldnt be different there.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well lets see it from a more grounded perspective. A game has been developed to be played. Sure the Delta Rising extension made everything harder, harder to level up - that includes gaining EX points or even the rewards to fulfil missions or the episodes. If there has been an exploit and people use it then it should be fixed. Using exploits is kinda like cheating if you see it closely enough. In no way exploits are game mechanics that are planned nor wanted. What I also cannot agree from this video, is the fact that he mentioned its an free MMO game. And Cryptic earns money if player play the new content? How makes this sense. You can play the new content for free - free means free. You are not enforced to buy any (new) stuff to complete. That sounds not logical to me and is very probably not a reason for Cryptic to solve the exploit.

I also cannot agree to the statement that there are not enough missions. Thats wrong - indeed there were 16 (or more) added - so actually you have 16 or more opportunities to level up now. Who says you just can level up by the missions? You could also play PVP or PVE missions or do any other episode replay. I agree its harder with Delta Rising - but there are not less opportunities than before. Its a wrong fact statement. Its true no matter how; you have to do additional missions to proceed in the episode. And either you play to level to 60 before and continue the episode then or do that inbetween the progress to level 60 makes no big difference. In both ways you play the game. What i can think of is the fact that if you play it regularly to level 60, some players would try to buy additional stuff from Cryptic which they probably would not if they advance earlier. So on some aspect they try to get money.

If i would have bet yesterday as i have seen the first dev appear i would be rich eventually today. It was more than clear for me that this would happen. If thats the way Cryptic wants us to go then so be it. If players dont like to follow then they will disappear. Cryptic's problem.

signature.png

• I disagree on that.
    First of all, games are meant to be fun. Most players in STO have completely lost that fun since the release of the new season.
    The Patrol stuff is infact no exploit at all. Its a game mechanic which was introduced 3 years ago to allow players of different levels to play with each other through the game content (that btw. does not only work on patrol missions, it works on EVERY story mission aswell).
    It was absolutely intended to work like this from the first day this game mechanic was introduced so it hardly can be an exploit.
    And for 3 years it was for everyone ok to play this way... and people played this way.
    I took most of the ppl that came from SWAT and started at STO to the patrol missions when they were new in the game. The difficutly playing these missions of course is harder when you play in teams for lower lvl members but also the rewards are higher. Thats an absolutely fair game mechanic.
    It was no problem for 3 years and now? all of a sudden this is an exploit?

What will be next?
    Leveling up via doffs... will that be the next exploit?

I also agree with the video about the amount of missions. For fluent gameplay there are either not enough mission or not enough skill points to earn during these missions.
    During all other old campaigns this never was a problem... for this season there is not a single person who didnt get stuck somewhere.
    And how to get skill points these days?
    PVP? im not sure if you played it lately... but its not playable against ppl which kill you within 2 seconds just because they have spend hundreds of dollars to buy the best ships the best gear and upgrade to epic items already.
    Next to that dont you get any noticable amounts of skill points there.
    Where else you get skill points from?
    Other missions are either bugged and/or also reward just a minimal amount of skill points now. (700 for a mission replay when you need +57000 for a level up)
    PVE? Completely bugged and limited due to cooldown timers
    Kerrat? -> bugged - once you reach a specific level you can not enter that system anymore
    practically every mission that rewarded skill points has been nerfed or can not be played anymore

I absolutely agree with the guy that did the video.
    The developers claim that this game is free to play.... so let the players play the game in the way they want. Let them have fun instead of frustration.
    And one more thing I need to mention here.
    We have been forming teams with random people... we talked with them... interacted with them... had fun with them. It was an experience that you barely have in this game.
    It was better than queueing a PVE match.

I was lvl 60 already when Ive found out about Japori.... still I decided to play it (with you and with others) for the fact that it was fun.
    So if there is something to blame then the fact that people had fun... probably the first time since delta rising release.

Oh and guess what.
    Cryptics overreaction caused the following:
    Daily missions in Tau Dewa can not be done anymore which means no romulan marks anymore.
    Its not possible to create and level up romulan characters anymore. All players which do so get stuck since the access to these systems is required for the storyline and without advancing to at least lvl10 you can not procede with the game since you have to decide between federation and klingon empire.
    So its save to say that 1/3 of the game has become totally unplayable.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Actually it makes no sense to compare now with what we have had before. Sure the missions are harder - yes thats what they intended. There are 16 more missions - episodes to play + all the previous. Yes you get not the highest reward - again their intention. Exploit or not doesnt make any big difference. They now decided that they dont want players to play that way - their decision. If players like it or not - they have to live with the consequences.

Sure it makes fun playing together as teams in an MMO - thats what these games are made for. If they dont offer fun, then players look for a replacement (sooner or later) -> again their problem. When they take off too much from the players then they will leave - with less players playing its gets more and more uninteresting to play -> cryptic has to suffer.

Its different but most players will adjust - all others who cannot bear the restrictions will leave. Again Cryptics problem. From the DEVs point of view - well they just do what is told to them. I dont believe any DEV has done this on their own. If you want to blame one, then the board or the decision makers or those who pull the strings in background.

signature.png

• yes everything has consequences and players will adapt.... they did fast and simply moved to the next sector block to grind xp there
    and the devs can not do something against it because its in the delta sector

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Adding more pain to this, is even the basic normal difficulty PvE's are difficult to win. Basic Fed Fleet Alert, I was in 6 losing groups... that has never happened.... ever. Even with the increased DPS / Crits, the NPC ships are very difficult to kill and quite often, the next wave has entered before you have killed off the previous wave by a good margin.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Test to see if post works this time

I have been able to use Japori, Kerret and several foundry missions....so maybe it's a setting that doesn't allow uber ships/levels into these places

Edit...now the thing let's me post

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Looks like my STO forum account is either under "moderation" or banned after expressing some critics there.
    dunno

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• not only player accounts have been set under moderation
    the entire STO forum is
    new players are not allowed to open threads anymore

also an interesting method to silence the players and stop negative feedback while claiming on the other side that season10 has been the most successful expansion ever

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I'm now at level 56 with my main toon and it's tedious. I can't see me doing this again with my other toons. I spend a good amount of time reading the STO forum in work (when time permits), and find that there are only a handful of positive posts about DR. Most posts are basically ranting about how bad DR is and about the nerfs. Quite amusing at times. But most have a point when complaining about the insane grind fest this has turned into. Adopting the Asian MMO model as dictated by the Chinese owners didn't go down well with the STO community.

• Well yeah.
    Ive certainly not been praising the developers and their decisions and clearly pointed out they have broken pretty much every of their promises. Ive even tried to prove that their explanations and calculations are not true.
    Someone using math and logic as argumentation is certainly dangerous. ^^

*sigh*
    I can live with the current state... its not nice... not customer friendly... not honest... but i can live with it.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I agree. I will live with it because, after all, I still enjoy playing my chars on STO. Do I need to craft? Not really, but as I already reached level 15 in three of the schools, I might as well craft from time to time, but won't go out of my way to do it.

• 3x15
    wow
    not bad
    ive one

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Haven't done any crafting yet. Just did the 20 hourly every day since the new crafting launched.

• hmm... i must have skipped a few days then

i have one at lvl15 and all others at lvl12

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I haven't concentrated on all of them. I got Beam, Cannon and Engineering on lvl 15, Projectiles on lvl 14, Ground Weapons and Shields on lvl 2 and Science on lvl 5.

• whats not written in yesterdays patch notes is
    xp for killng npcs has been once more nerfed by 20%
    xp for doff missions is now 60% lower than before

npcs in kerrat have become incredible hard to kill even in normal difficutly (just like the old elite)... the only rewards i got from killing the borg there or the repair nodes were idiotic consumables

there is hardly a day when ppl dont notice some new crap in this game
    even the rep marks that were rewarded hourly from the nukara and solanae tribbles have been nerfed
    i mean... cmon.... that was ... 1 mark per hour... that was ridiculous prior the nerf already
    now it looks like you are allowd to earn one mark... per day

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,