Crossfire Mod wont Activeate

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hello all

i did do a search and the help in a topic i found, will i tired that.
    i installed a fresh copy of freelancer, and i made a back up of that so i can always go back to the backup if any thing goes wrong,
    using freelancer start version 1.0 no sdks
    FLMM 1.3
    windows xp
    and i got enough space

but everytime i try and activate the mod via 1.3 FLMM i get these 2 errors messages

Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager-1-3\mods\Crossfire1.9\DATA\SOLAR\PLANETS\custom7.cmp' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SOLAR\PLANETS\custom7.cmp')

Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\trenthead.dfm.flmmbak' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\pi_pirate5_head.dfm')

i have tired restarting but still no luck

thanks in advanced

• Hello, it should be not hard. 2 things: 1) remove write protection from vanila folder and 2) run flmm as administrator.

• ok i have tired all that aswell as you just suggested.

and still not helping..

i have checked the disk for errors and found nothing wrong.

i have uninstalled FL completely and removed any other related pprograms,

do i need to add the 1.1 patch and the SDK to the fl as if so i got a copy already
    i know mod is ok but not activateing...

current version i use of FLMM is 1.31

hell i have even borrowed my mate game cd to make sure it wasnt mine and it even fails on his...

anyone else got anymore suggestions?

• There seems to be something wrong :) Woohoo what a notion :D

First check if you have the files mentioned at the place mentioned. We do not copy a trenthead.dfm.flmmbak file to anything else. I dont have found this in the script. Are you sure you have the correct mod downloaded and the mod download is complete?
    You dont need to install anything else aside from the mod.

You have Freelancer installed anywhere else, but not in the FLMM directory?
    You have installed the mod and the FLMM directory contain the CF 1.9 version in the subdirectory of the mods folder under FLMM installation?
    You have removed the read-only flag from all files and directories under your FL installation?
    You did run the FLMM as admin?

signature.png

• ok first of all the file /pi_pirate5_head.dfm is there in the FLMM Mod Crossfire folder and in the game area
    The Custom file is in the crossfire mod folder but not in the game folder

i have got the correct version, Crossfire mod 1.9 Client Edition which i got from the modd.com
    i downloaded the one from here but it said it had a crc error and also the self checker.
    i have installed the game in the default folder
    i can activate other mods ok, but there ok,,
    yes it is the right version
    i have removed all the read only tags
    and yes i am running FLAMM as admin and logged on the admin windows account

• Sorry that i have to ask again. Might it be that the reported errors are from reverting back? I mean really we do not copy any flmmbak file. These files are the backup files once we do copy over an existing file. But we do not copy it.
    Once the mod activation fails you need to delete your FL installation and put a new fresh copy there. I am sure you followed, i just mention for completion - remove the read-only flags for the new copy again.

Eventually (not sure tho) deactivate your anti virus - not that it intercepts and blocks a file copy... Apart from this it actually should work. I meanwhile made this whole procedure more than 100 times already...

signature.png

• Wait a min i just noticed i didnt say anything about the flmmbak files..

and there is none in there anyway

gonna retry again. with out anti virus. but internet cable being pulled out

• ok cancel all that just discoveryed what it is, some how my external hard drive has copied version 1.5 beta to the flamm folder and replaced it all.

so i am now uninstalling it and replacing to the 1.3

it was 1.3 when i first startedf it

• ok an update

its all working now doughnut i am.

the version is back to 1.3
    the beta 1.5 has been ziped up so its not used again lol
    and i managed to log in lol

thanks everyone for your help. this topic can be closed and or locked now if you wish lol

also a admin or webmaster, i recommend you check the crossfire 1.9 download on this site as i downloaded it on 2 pcs and the internal setup check fails on it and my internet is ok...

thanks

• the download is absolutely ok

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!