Some suggestions for 2.0 and how i get to waypoint in mission 30 Ancient Drones

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hi all.

I have the same problem with these drones. After the first 3 i had all my boosters and bots, no need to use it. Then there were spawning 3 at once, after i toke them out, i had 53 Bots and 19 shieldbooster. After the 7th Drone i had 49 Bots, but no shield booster. Then 5 Drones spawn, 3 of them direct in front of me. After 2, (No. 7+8), of them i had 20 bots, full armor, and some shield, but then Number 9, 10 and 11, spreaded my ashes between the stars. The problem is, that they drop some Aspirin and dentifrice, but no needed Bots.

Here you can read my diary from the battle with screenshots

Until now, i made so many trials with different configuration. But the worst thing is, sometimes, i fight with 5 drones the same time, after i toke out 5 before.

One time... i disappeared after 5 drones, and Drone 7 and 8 are falling behind me, (i'm in cruisemode), the next moment 3 drones spawn 1900 Meters in front of me and all of them shot disruptors and start to fire. Not possible to stay in cruise, bec. countermeasers only work backwards. Then, ok, i fight them, but one problem is, if you fight strong, (and i am not to bad, most drones has mostly only 1 attack against me), then the Ki starts to fight like a berserker, (same as in every other PC-Game too), then it's not enough, that 5 drones spawn around me, at the end, it's mostly one drone that semse to be undestructable and only a few hits strikes me down. Normally i don't use rockets in SP, but now, i fight the drones also with Nemesis and Catacyslm, besides 4 GatlingGuns and a sunslayer. Normally, i don't use rockets, bec. the first attack of an NPC VHF Fighter Ace is the last he made. And 90% of all VHF's fighters go down like this. I made fights against up to 24 Outcasts and IMG's in Tau 23 and 37, there once with Outcasts, Bountys and Bountys, (i was Level 9 and had not the best equipement). Later, i brought down 16 Corsairs fighter aces at the same time, all with best Equipement , toke hundreds of CSF's and Orders down, dozends of DomKavashGunBoats, hundreds of nomads, but these Droneb.tches..... Meanwhile i have 8500 kills, and i think i should make it allone, but how... The worst thing is, that i have to go back to "Fukkopia" to change weaponconfigs.

> 1. I can't understand, why it's not possible to change the weapon configuration on GMG KommandoModule. It's not to buy materials, but change the configuration.

(To change the config, i had to start several Times from the docks in Utopia).

> 2. How to fight against 5 Drones, after i killed 5-6 before, when none of them drop any bots. I had rounds, i fought 8 Drones and none dropped anything, but Aspirin and perhaps unusable silver or niobium.

I would have some suggestions, (is this the right word), or recommendations for 2.0. Most of them i wrote down in that other place, (see link beyond).

> 3. The worst, really worst thing is, that it's not possible to set waypoints. If someone wants to discover the universe, he should do it around Level 9, like i did. Later, when the CFStory begins, you can't go in the upper systems, and if you go in other areas, then you have to navigate manually. Means, if you didn't discover a place before, it's sometimes not possible to get there, perhaps bec. of asteroids, or enemys. And when you fought them, you have to beam the chunk into your storage, and when you want to navigate, (manually), the next wave is after you.

So it comes, if you meet the wrong people, people you are looking for, to fill up your storageroom, the prized sort, then you have problems to get out of the system, bec. each minute spawn new waves, everywhere. And bec. you can't beam all chunk on board, you have to do this manually, ... you are not finished, then the next wave spawns. I like that, ... the fights, i do, but once it's good, enough, and then you can't go, bec, waves and waves spawn. Not that ican't get out there, only a suggestion.

I ask myself, if it's not possible to change this "not existing setting waypoints" system. Bec. in original Game, it was possible, to get everywhere by navigating with waypoints, also in a activ mission. Only later, after KusariSector, it changed.

4. Saveponits ... In CF Mod, it should make beside an AutoSave, a manual one. bec. when you have one of these endless loooooooooong missions, through 3-4 systems, each autosave will be overwritten. This means, in worst case, bec. the DomKavashes never dropped needed Bots, i had to reload a savepoint 3 systems far away, bec. i would never come through with the damaged ship and no bots. And if there would be a manual savepoint at every single Jumphole, (means beside an Autosave a manually with Jumpholename or something like that), you could change your strategy against those DomKavashes. But now, you have to rerun the looooooooooooooong way again.

5. "Decline" a mission. There should be an possibility to decline a mission. Bec. i guess, there would be a possibility to set waypoints. Only for a break from story, to discover the universe.

Me, i discovered the universe, far beside the story, search tons of wrecks, etc. I made, what a freelancer does. But later in the game, without the possibility to set waypoints, it sux.... sometimes... no ... always...

Between... I have best equipement, ArmorUpgrade MK X, ShieldGenerator MK X, (all these freelancers desires), tons of best weapons, Gatlings, Phoenix, DomKavasheBlaster3000, Nemesis, Catacyslm, WildfireMKII, tons of Cerberus-Prometheus-KII, (from the fallen), etc., etc., but no way to get out of Dervon, or not the skill?

Beside..., i loved the stormcrow too much. These were the most funniest fights against hundreds of Outcasts, IMG's and BountyHunters at Level 9. But since a long time, i have the KomodoDragon. I also tested a lot of ships and wrote it also down in my diary. At the beginnig i was fighting with a freighter. In earlyer freelancer original-rounds, before years, i played freelancer with dromedar... even the race at Battleship hood, ok, ok..., i had to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-run it, but at the end, i made it with the dromedar xD.

And now we come to the only thing, what's important... how the f... i can get to the waypoint. And... believe me, i'm a freelancer, i want do it the old fashion way. I would never fogive me to scale down the difficulty, ... never...

(If someone speaks german, this would be funny. I wrote down some amusing stories behind the story).

Example 1 from my diary - in (german)

Example 2 from my diary - in (german)

PS. Keep in mind, i can't speak nor write english very good.

Edit:

I just read another thread from april 14 . There were some interesting suggestions. But... i guess, those tipps are usefull before v.1.7.

If i try, (as example), to lure one of the first 3 drones to the asteroid field or gmg, 3 others spawn in front of me. I made until now i guess 20 trials with different strategy and 3 different weapon configurations. What i know now, that drones fight completly different, (more easyer), when you use rockets. But one problem still exists, How to fight 3-5 drones, after you killed 7-9.

• well, you have to kill 3 drones... thats it
    after the 3rd drone you are told to break combat and fly instantly to the waypoint and thats what you should do without fighting other drones
    the mission is not designed to allow the player to kill all drones

the waypoint system during the storyline was discussed before
    generally own waypoints do not when a mission is active (thats also in vanilla FL)
    vanilla FL has 5-6 freetime phases where the player can go to explore other systems and set waypoints... during that time no mission is active
    Problem is that the FL engine does not allow more than the already existing freetime phases. So it is not possible for us to completely break from these missions to allow players to explore and do jobs on stations.

However, with enormous efforts I have included into the CF storyline (for CF2.0) the possibility to pause the storyline at 2 missions and allow the players to explore. The player can decide to return to the story mission when he/she feels ready for it.
    The points where this decision is allowed to be done is well chosen.
    You can set waypoints and explore until you decide to return to the mission again.
    You can trade during that time.
    But you can NOT do missions on stations during that time since the original limitation described above is still active (and can not be deactivated without having the Freelancer source code).

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hello Arkos,
    answering just one of your questions - you can change your weapons on any base, including the GMG module. All you need is to open your inventory and mount/unmount the necessary items by left-clicking the small blue icon in the top left corner of big weapon/equipment pictures (see the attached screenshot).

As for the drones, you already seem to do it better than most pilots so we can't give much advice here :) A useful hint for fighting big groups might be to cycle between targets and try to disarm as many drones as possible (a lucky shot with missiles and/or sunslayers can destroy all guns on a drone) to make it easier to fight the remaining ones.

- Wanderer -

Files

• screen48.jpg

(1.51 MB, downloaded 15 times, last: )
    Unbelievble, i just made it...

but only, bec. this time, only 1 or 2 drones spawned, at once, and not 3-5. Believe me, i was flying in any trial direct to the way point. But as i described, several times 3 drones spawned 1900 meters in front of me, between me and the waypoint, without any chance to take all out, (incl. the two closing up bbehind me). Staying in Cruise was not possible in this crossfire of disruptors and energyfire.

I have no clou, why this time it was different... really. I had also to fight 6-7 drones, but max two at once while i was flying to the waypoint, and this was never a problem, but 3-5 was.

Before this last successfull trial, i had two others. In one of them, one drone was indestructable, and she destroyed me in a few seconds, and i had 78 Bots and 80 shields after the fight with the 1st 4 drones. when the message came, the 4th directly spawned besides me in close distance, so i had to fight it. But this last one was indestructable. Perhaps you saw this also once in your Freelancer time, when a NPC reloads endless shields, while you hit it with all your guns.

But.... at the end, i'm happy to come through it, on the other side, i ask myself why not in the 25 trials before.. i didn't change anything on my strategy, from this moment, when you have to flee. Even with only energy weapons i fought the drones as fastest time... they had 1 attack, 2-4 seconds later, the're gone. but each time more and more spawned on the way to the waypoint.

And i guess, there's no other solution, when there are 2-5 drones, 3 of them 1900 meters around you and shot at you, then fight back.

But... finally...

I thank you anyway for your answer...

Edit:

Btw. at the end i had now 62 Bots, after 6-7 drones, when i was leaving the system.

On this picture, you see the final shot, when 3 drones dropped out of space, direct in front of me, after i toke out 7 others before on the way to the fleepoint. And they also shot all they had. Two more i could take out, but meanwhile 3 others got me.

And thx for the tip with the inventory... i guess, i become senile... xD. On the other hand, i had to go back anway. I never fought with rockets. I only kept the launchers. 4 Nemesis, 2 Catacyslm, 2 Havoc, but no rockets or sunslayer ammo.

In chapter 4, where several companion came with me, i could see the following.

> They stayed allways in a cloud, a cluster of some stockpiled ships, (if it's the right word). (Picture 3, these are all fighters on the same place).

> When i had to jump to a new system, they followers jumped upon me, in my neck and my ship toke damage. at the end, it looked as you can see in the picture 1 below. These damages, which all the companions had, came not from fighting, they never fought, it was only from jumping on themself.

> When they fought in a mission with nomads, they didn't hit. Mostly they shot rockets from to far, and all rockets missed their targets, and with the next shot, enemys were meanwhile to close, and the following damaged me and themself and destroyed dropped materials. It would be more helpfull, when they would fight with energyweapons, as later, in chapter 5, where they fought brilliant. Juni fought on the mission around pretoria, Juni fought for an hour like a berserker. i came through a long time with 8% Armor, no bots or boosters. She gave all she had, was very funny to see that in the mirror, (backview), while i was fleeing. (Picture 4-6). It worked very well over a distance through 2 systems. She, (they) toke down many gunboats).

I dont know, but it could be, bec. i didn't follow this mission straightly. perhaps it's bec. of that. Later it changed, as described. Only that you know.

I ask myself, if it's possible to arrange, that waypoints work as in the original game.

Means... In a mission in the original game, until level 16 or so, KusariSector, you had not to follow each waypoint straight. As example you had to go to New York, but you went to explore to many other systems, in each new system it showed you the shortest know way to your mission target. (Perhaps it comes back, when in 2.0 waypoints work again).

In CF, as it happend just now after mission 30, i had to follow waypoint to BS Bismarck. It brought me first to the docks, then it showed me to dock direction to bismarck. But, when i went on the way, i didn't use the tradelane myself, i docked in formation with other ships up to BS Bismarck. When i dropped out of tradelane, it showed me the "old" first waypoint near the docks.

I don't know anything, how the possibilities are, ... only a suggestion.

• Best way (easiest) how to deal with ancients is to buy Sunslayer torpedo launcher (2x if possible for your ship) in Frankfurt and hit with them drone while is his shield down -> he will lose all his guns immediatelly and is no more a threat.

All my latest experience is coming from 2.0 dev (alot experience as I did this mission many times in last weeks) is that Drones spawn first slow (if you fly near drones BS) and if you are quick, you can nicely (with tactic above 'safe') remove 3 of them and after run in cruise or using EK (engine kill) on thrusters to system exit. Time is critical factor here, if you are slow wiith killing drones you very likely die.

btw if you can now kill 6-7 drones and escape, then your fighting skill are for sure above average..

• i explained that waypoint stuff above already

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!