SWAT Portal 3.0

There are 64 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• if you mean the message that you have sent a few days ago then ive already answered it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Maybe you should try Kickstarter, Indiegogo or Gofoundme?

http://Kickstarter.com, http://indiegogo.com or gofundme.com

It would also raise awareness outside our community?

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

Edited 3 times, last by [UR]GrandAndreasK: - ().

• unlikely a project that belongs there

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Fellow SWAT members, I often ramble on and on about things that bug me, but this time I have a small idea that some of you may agree with. I'd like to see a box for us to check on any Thread or Reply, except those from our Supreme Operators, that is a recommendation to eliminate that Post. Some posts with obscene content are automatically suppressed as they should be.

A time limit for posts that have little or no value may just make things better. If our fellow readers feel that our post is unworthy of another day on the website, we may have to learn patience and sometimes, basic grammar. Posters have obligations to say it right the first time, but I'm glad we have an Edit Button for our posts/

Questions should be answered with at least five good options. After a hundred recommendations, if the poster hasn't got a clue, he needs to reform his question so we can actually help.

Personal statements that need no reply often get many. A recommendation of a cut-off after 30 days may be useful.

This is something that may have been covered before and a solution decided on. If so, check the box to the right and hope I'm gone in the morning ;)

My best to everyone of you, including the person who sent me a picture of themselves in an Elf costume. I hope it was a costume or I'm gonna be in big trouble with the Little People with my reply!

• it would be possible with the next upgrade but we are not that far yet
    point is it needs to be financed and some tools are still not available for the new forum version

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :thumbup: :beaengstigend: You may be the Marauder no,You are the Marauder but I am the only Bandit around.Exsample: SA_Time_BANDIT, SA_Silver-Guard_BANDIT, SA_Shadow-Ops_BANDIT. :bandit: Think we all understand my point.But I hope everybody that reads this that this is just having some fun.I never take myself to serious :ugly: But to be serious I does look good to me

Edited once, last by RTH53: Corrections ().

• The recent problems with the portal (very slow response times and some other problems) will force us to hurry with the Portal Upgrade.
    I am able to identify where the problem is with the old (current) portal software but i am unable to fix it.
    One of the biggest problems is that the software that we are using is not supported by the developers anymore and so vulnerabilities are not going to be fixed any longer.

We had more than 22000 confirmed security violations this year and its unlikely to stop. I got the latest problem under control but its only a matter of time until it starts again.
    Even the access to the Crossfire server might be at risk during such attacks.

The only solution is to push the upgrade to the new forum software.
    With that hand in hand go two problems... time and money.

For the time problem i have a simple solution.... i havent taken my annual vacation yet so October appears to be a perfect time.
    Money is the bigger problem since the licenses for the required software and plugins sum up to about 500€.
    With that we would practically be able to replace almost every feature of the current portal with a newer and more reliable version.

While i am certainly have to take up the biggest part of these costs the support of the community would be appreciated.
    Even small donation add up to the main goal.

Thx in advance.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 10€ sent for Portal upgrade.

• thx
    first 2% achieved ^^

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well i weren't doing anything productive with a majority of my social security this month (other than ordering pizza's :popcorn: )

I hope this will speed up the progress m8. :aok:

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• OK WOW
    Thanks
    much appreciated

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It looks like exponential progress of funding in action ... kickstarter would go green face if see this :D8)

• Should be up to 60 % just in a few moments. ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• thx

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• what do you mean?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @ Franco428

... with money ? XD

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• 88% of the costs are meanwhile covered
    thanks to all supporters

since i cant do much on CF atm (other than small detail changes and online tests) ill start with the work on SWAT 3.0 sooner than intended

most of the functions and content of the old forum/portal can be transfered to the new one
    "most" means "not all"
    Since the new software does not support the forum games plugins we wont be able to use this feature. I however had read that the developers of that plugin want to release a new version at the end of the year. So its something we certainly can re-introduce at a later point of time.
    The Community Groups also can not be transfered since the Developer of that plugin closed its services some months ago. An alternative would be to allow community group users to have a sub forum at the portal.
    Our Wiki would be the next problem since there is no modern replacement for it. As alternative i was thinking about a CMS solution. The structure and syntax should be very similar.

All other major features can be transfered and even extended.
    There might be some minor differences on details but i guess that wont have a big impact.

I think ill use the next few days to do first tests on which method is best to do the upgrades (since I also want to do structural changes which will make everything more user friendly in the end)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• lexicon exist for new portal software? (cf wiki have there more entries)