STO multipurpose thread

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Whiskyrunners_Inc..

• Tips, trick, combos etc etc

Beam users:

Beams...Total drain/.............Dmg per beam/Total dmg
    Resolting power

1..........0/100......................200%/200%
    2..........-10/90.....................180%/360%
    3..........-20/80.....................160%/480%
    4..........-30/70.....................140%/560%
    5..........-40/60.....................120%/600%
    6..........-50/50.....................100%/600%
    7..........-60/40.....................80%/560%
    8..........-70/30.....................60%/480%

8 beams only 480% dmg output!!!!!!!omg righ now i will put 6 beams and two torps => WRONG xD

Again STO is not simple for correct and sustain buld.
    Talking about beam array 270 arc build cruiser, for slow and not turning fast cruiser 8 beams is way better for sustain DPS. WHY?
    Active (overlap) arc is only 70 degrees for beam ship and in real fight (5-7 km distance) is not posible keep target in 70 active arc full time.
    Math:
    8 beams cruiser in non active arc 560% dmg and 480% in active arc.
    6 beams cruiser in non active arc 480% dmg and 600% dmg in active arc.

etc etc use your brain in fighting style!

ps
    sry for bad eng....

• How work engineering consoles:

Exemple=> Monotanium Alloy XII very rare (+40 Kinetic Damage Resistance) for simple math:

Console.......... resistance bonus %

1....................... 28%
    2....................... 43%
    3....................... 51%
    4....................... 57%
    5....................... xD 61%

If player put 4x Monotanium Alloy XII very rare (+40 Kinetic Damage Resistance) got only twice the dmg resistance that a single console provides.

For 3x Monotanium Alloy XI very rare is twice the dmg resistance that a single console provides. etc etc

***couhgt****

Edited once, last by Husker: add graph ().

• read this>

Assignment chain: Children's Toys - Star Trek Online Wiki

then farm>

Assignment: Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities - Star Trek Online Wiki

Artifact worth 700-800k ec on exchange but if u do> Assignment: Infuse Alien Artifact with Rare Particles - Star Trek Online Wiki (sci officer on ship)
    and got this Powered Alien Artifact (alien artifact 750k + 350k rare practicles) worth on exchange 1.3 - 1.4 M.

BUT if u use Powered Alien Artifact ... eng....resolve...purple XII tac consoles ....XD

• well.. i would have posted the info here instead of just linking somewhere else...

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• IMPORTANT

Star Trek Online

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=697471

Players will lose $$ and millions ec, fleet will lose progress...rly stupid decision from cryptic doing this stuff without announcements.

I have for sure +100 green doffs in mail (slowly converting into common for fleet project), cca 50 boffs...my purple XII stuff from exchange now going into pufff :(
    Maybe i will manage save my crossfire tribbles from email oblivion!!!

• shall they let the dev do their work and stop harrassing them to finish.

devs have nothing with email 100 items ban. My purple XII Tricobalt torpedo (1-1.5 M) dont exist anymore...huh

Cro:
    good question. I think KDF Rom have acsses to KDF universal consoles, ships, doffs vice versa... but not sure 100%.

• personally i consider this limit a good decision
    could argue abuot not announcing it but infact Mails are no Stores
    the mail system was exploited and that got fixed now

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• its no exploit mail for free slots space its necessary evil, i have max inventory and bank slots + 300 doff slots...on my mail i dont have any item except doff+colonist and boffs. And now i have 8 common common and 5 colonist on w8ing (occupy finished assigments)...but whatever insted to fill up fleet project with doffs i will simply discard them for 1 dll and 25 xp. Thos game start boring me with stupid decission about gameplay...

• Thos game start boring me with stupid decission about gameplay...

What did you expect, this is how "MMO" and similar type of games work.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• The problem is it was basically a neccessary evil because of the doff imbalance and starbase need.
    for every medical you need you tend to get ~8 worthless scientist, for every security it's prolly like 6-7 tactical, ...

i'd hardly lave a problem with this ninja-nerf, if only they'd have fixed the doff generation / starbase class needs as well. :(

Characters: SA_WHISKY and all simlar (SA_something_WHISKY)