Problem: activating "Crossfire 1.9 Client Edition"

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SilverFox.

• Hi,

i try to install Crossfire 1.9.
    I got a clean version of Freelancer
    a fresh version of CF 1.9
    FLMM 1.31
    an yes i followed the install guide on this page but:

Everytime i try to activate Crossfire with the FLMM an Error happens.
    Ive uploaded an screenshot with this post.

MFG Marius

• Hi Marius,

I see the error was at copying the files.

Now, to fix it, you have to restore backups (just to clean up FLMM), uninstall Freelancer game (but it will fail to fully delete the folder), manually delete the Freelancer folder with the game install, at Program Data/ Microsoft Games.
    Then starts the reinstall, first install Freelancer (for some PCs it's better not starting the game before activating CF), then go to the Freelancer folder with the game install, right click on it, click Properties, and make sure the "Read Only" property box is UNticked, neither half or ticked, just empty. Save that property for all the files and folders inside it (it should ask you that). Now you may start FLMM as Administrator (don't forget this detail, right click, and "Run as Administrator"), then Activate the Crossfire mod with your chosen settings, anything. It should work.

Keep us updated wether it works or not :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Hi Mariuslooord,

Just follow these instructions and it should work:

1. Uninstall Freelancer and also delete the Freelancer folder in your " My Documents " directory
    2. Uninstall Freelancer Mod Manager from its folder (you'll see 2 uninstallers , use them both in the same order , first the upper and then the bottom one obviously).
    3. Restart your PC after that and then use a cleaner such as " CCleaner , Advanced SystemCare(both are free) ... or other" in order to clean up the mess after that.

4. Install Freelancer and restart your PC
    5. Install Freelancer Mod Manager 1.31
    6. Install Crossfire 1.9 while your AntiVirus is DISABLED until everything is installed(the game , the mod and its activation)
    7. Activate it and ignore the " Not responding window " (if it shows up).
    8. After its activation , right mouse click on the FL icon , Properties/Compatibility/and choose Run it under Windows XP SP3 and also check the " Run it as Administrator ". [ For Win Vista/7/8 users ]
    You can also change the FL icon to the CF one from the " Icon " section in the Properties. If it can't be changed, then you'll have to do it manually.
    9. Run the game and wait for its updates to finish downloading (they are for both SP & MP)

Good Luck

• Cool then, welcome to the vast universe of Crossfire, AND the Networks of the SWAT Portal :D

Remember to visit this site even now when your game is working, if you are playing on the server with us, there is a lot of usseful information you can only get here, like announcements on special events, FAQs, etc.

Have fun !
    -Mike

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Welcome Mariuslooord :)