Cant start the Game

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Hello CrossFire Friends :)

I got very much, to much problems with Installation and Starting CF-FL.
    Ok.
    And i did now Uninstalled all, CF, FLMM, FL and deleted all + Cleaned Registry.
    Then installed all very clean and perfectly new.
    And now i did restarted PC but dont start the game, because first to ask here, befor start it.

First problem: CF dont create CF-Link on desktop. There is old, original FL-Link.
    Question: Where is the .exe, which i need to start the Game, and can create Link to desktop? 100% correct Name of this .exe is?

If i get after this action new problems, like a: CF_CL.dll or Common.dll, then i come back and post again here. But first to clear, which .exe must to be used for CF-FL-Game Start.

I did killd today over 5 Hours to start CF, but i cant more.

Thank you for help.

Vor :)

Edit:

Sorry, Infos fergoten:
    I use (damn) W7 Ultimate 64bit.

Cant find CF Link for game starting :(

Edited once, last by Vor: more infos ().

• when you uninstalled freelancer you have to click Start>Computer>Documents>My Games> and then delete the freelancer folder ...If you already done this then I can't help you any farther ....to old LOL! I'm sure someone will answer this soon....welcome to the forum if I haven't already said so (have bad memory also) :D

ROCK ANTENNE
    AC/DC
    BIG GUN

Acer Aspire V3-772G / Windows 10 Home / Intel Core i7 / Nvidia Geforce GT 750M / 8 GB RAM

• Hello Vor,

three things:
    did you run everything as system administrator?
    did you remove "read only" flag from fl vanilla installation?
    maybe your anti-virus sw can do some troubles. Put Freelancer (after install vanilla) and FLMM folder to anti-virus exception list.

• I am not sure if I got everything right , but the " CF - Link " (or you mean icon) , is exactly the original Freelancer icon that shows on your desktop after the installation. If you want it change it to the Crossfire one , you need to do it manually by clicking Right Mouse button on your FL icon(game) , Properties/Change Icon.

About these dll files , it looks like they are missing. And about the Windows , you'll have to get into the Properties again / Compatibilty and select " Under Windows XP SP3 " also on the bottom , there's an option for Running it under admin , check this too.

By the way , you might miss these dll files , because of corrupt download or your Anti-Virus was ON while you were installing and activating the mod. I know that some of the antivirus softwares detect exactly these dlls and consider them as viruses(which is a false alarm btw). Check if they are in your antivirus' quarantine and restore them if they happen to be there.

Anyway , about the game's exe file , it's in the EXE folder in your game directory where you installed the game.

Good luck

• Thank you my Friends for answers :)

Like i did written, i did new, very clean and very perfectly installation, after deleting and cleaning of old files + registry. And yes, restarts of PC :)

I have fear to start this (old original) FL-Link on desktop. Because first time comes very much stupid problems, which i never got in FL. Thats why this "funny" Question, which .exe do starts the Game? But if you mean, this is this old, original FL-Link on desktop, then i must to use him.

Ok. ATTANTION!! Test begins :huh:

Edit:

Test: Bad, very bad. Starts not CF Launcher, but Original FL Game, which needs Original FL Installation CD.
    I do use FL Image File .iso. So i do now for the next Test invite this virtual Image File.

2nd Test :huh:

Edit2:

lol.. :D Never in my FL life i got such bugs :huh:
    I cant write, what all i saw there.. but 1 things is really funny, there comes Original FL Game (not CF), without words / options in Game. Empty FL ?(

I think, this is not really correct CF Start link, this old FL Link. I do remember, if CF Installed and Activated, then change this old FL-Link on desktop to CF-Link. But this time keep old FL-Link on desktop. Thats why i did ask, which .exe is for the game start? Please tell me, where is this CF-Game start .exe and the name of this .exe. Then i can create CF-Link from this .exe to the desktop :)
    But for today i m done. 8 hours for CF installations and starting.. no no.. i cant more. Tomorrow. I need to go to sleep.

Have fun Friends, Vor off.

Edited 2 times, last by Vor: more infos 7 more more infos ().

• Hmmm ... I have very strong feeling that you do not have CF mod properly activated via FLMM (ver. 1.31) ...

You installed CF mod and did his activation? (activation can fail also if are files in FL folder 'write protected'. In this case FLMM simply can't overwrite vanilla files)

• What you should try is reinstall FLMM, Reinstall the Mod, reinstall FL, clean registry, delete the folder from My Documents/My Games/Freelancer Then, install it all back. And that shall be it. I had no problem installing in on a Win7 x64 bit and a Win7 x64bit SP1. So, you did something wrong somewhere ;) Cheers, Scorpi

• What you should try is reinstall FLMM, Reinstall the Mod, reinstall FL, clean registry, delete the folder from My Documents/My Games/Freelancer

Then, install it all back. And that shall be it. I had no problem installing in on a Win7 x64 bit and a Win7 x64bit SP1. So, you did something wrong somewhere ;)

Cheers, Scorpi

I think he means UNinstall not REinstall... kill everything, then delete folders, start from scratch.

Before you start messing with shortcuts, try launching it from within FLMM, it should work fine!

(I have it going on Win 7 x64 Sp1 no problems)

• Hello Friends. Next day of CF Starting 8).

Friends? Game installation is Clean and Perfectly (4th time write). I m not FL noob :P

But my Question again: where is Crossfire start exe file? There r many, but which, in which folder is the CF-Start .exe? You do all mean: my is on desktop and no problem. Cool. Is very good. And now please check the folder, with which .exe is your desktop CF-Start Link connected. Thank you :)

• hmm.. ok, very interessting. Do u mean, the folder in FLMM in installed (and activated) mod folder? There r 2 .exes: cfwd.exe + Freelancer.exe.
    And same .exes i do have in original FL Folder, but there is one more order:

Here is my original FL Game installed, and there is original FL exe which is connected to the destop FL Link: E:\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE
    And here is my FLMM, where is CF Mod installed + activated, there r 2 CF .exes: E:\FLMM\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire\mods\Crossfire1.9\EXE
    And here, in original FL Folder, where is original FL installed, 1 more Order, there r 2 CF.exes also: E:\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\mods\Crossfire1.9\EXE

hmm.. something is here wrong, i think ?(

Edit:

i think, i know where is a problem. CF-Installation, did installed CF Mod in FLMM in wrong folder!! 8|

Edit2:

I try to uninstall and to install all new, but this time try to install CF Mod in FLMM in correct folder. :cursing:

Edited once, last by Vor: more info.. noch mehr .. ().

• Hmm ...

You istall the Freelancer modmanager and the Crossfire mod on the Freelancer Folder ???

That is false m8 ... Never install it In Original Freelancer folder :)

You must install it in own directory :)
    I think that is the problem ..

you install the mod in Original Freelancer folder :)

Fix it now :)

I want to know how it feels when becoming SOLO player

He inspired me :ninja:

• lol :D No mate, not me did installed this shitt.. but FLMM, did him installed in FL original folder in wrong folder, as i did activated CF Mod in FLMM.
    But problem is, that CF.exe, installation exe, which install the CF Mod in FLMM, she did wrong installed.
    I did it correct, CF Mod installed in FLMM and activated him in FLMM :)

• Hello my CF-Friends :)

The problem is fixed. Now i did installed from CF Installation exe, manuel in to correct folder in FLMM. And as did activated CF Mod, then comes correct activation options. :)
    But i did selected wrong HUD, this new Modern CF Gold.. not really nice, hard to read for me. Can i easy deactivate CF Mod in FLMM, and again activate him but with better HUD this time, and all this actions WITHOUT new installations? Or must to do like a new installation again, long time? ?(

• Congrats m8!
    Answer to question: Nope. Idk what's the matter, but you will have to reinstall FL each time you deactivate Crossfire.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited once, last by Ajay: answer ().

• So my CF-Friends, all is done. All reinstalled, reactivated with Classic FL HUD, Classic FL-Cursor. Now must to restart PC, then Log in and play :)

And very much thanks to the SWAT-Team, for the damn good work, very nice Grafics, looks really very nice! Thanks @ all :)

But, all my old CFPD chars are gone.. and i dont know, i am in CFPD Clan or no more? ?(

Now i must to beginn from new. I hate trading :cursing:

Thnx @ all and see u in game 8).