Getting kicked(?) from server buying goods on Freeport 5

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by R@F1.

• Last night, after the Ion storm, I got back on and made my way to Freeport-5 in Omega-41.

After docking there (I'd just come from Coalition space, and screwed up when buying my new ship... forgot to remount my Medium Tractor and Adv Deep Scanner I guess) I withdrew money and bought those 2 items.

I then went in and bought 320 holds of engine part (At, I believe, $238 ea). When I went to undock, the game immediately disconnected from the server.

I tried this again, same thing... I thought it was my connection, but the third try I realized it was happening when I bought the engine parts. To test it, I tried buying less... not buying the scanner/tractor.

One time, right as it disco'd me, I saw white text that read "Something something Foster something something possible cheat" flash up... so it appeared SOMETHING about the engine parts was triggering some kind of cheat detection?

So, I tried just launching, and that worked. Then I tried buying the scanner/tractor and launching, that worked... so I just said screw the trade and left.

The only long-term issue (for a newb like me anyway) is that apparently every time I bought the scanner and tractor, it deducted the money from my account but did NOT keep the scanner/tractor... so I am out like 5.4 million credits... I guess I should have checked my balance... live and learn. :S

• yeah.....i also have had that problem, though at a different station. all u can do is wait for the server to do it's daily update and the problem should disapear.

not much consolation i know, but as you say "live and learn", shit happens sometimes, so easy come easy go huh.

keep enjoying the mod though.

cheers

Ray OK

• Indeed, if there are more reports of this, means the dynamic economy feature desync with the server, so now your files, your Crossfire installation are different from the ones of the server, so it counts you for possible cheating (since what you buy, does not exist on that base for the server, or at least not with that price.)

That means, no trading for today, unless OP fixes it manually with a restart.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• This happen also before (from time to time). After regular tomorrow server restart will be market again OK.

• I had such an issue too. Rule number one of all online games:
    TORRENT OFF!

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• I definitely don't have any downloads running while I am playing Crossfire.

I'm not worried about the money loss so much, thank you for explaining why it said "Possible Cheat"... THAT is the part that scared me... I hate cheaters, they've ruined so many games for me it's not even funny.

• Yes, don't worry, when it says "Possible cheat detected", with the names and the rest, once, it means somebody has a corrupt, wrong installation or some bug with the char, dynamic economy, or tried and failed to cheat, using old cheats not possible since long ago, for Crossfire.

When the cheat is obvious, or enforced, then there will be 2 of those Cheat detection messages at once, from same "CONSOLE:" but in different text formats, one is green and bold, and the other smaller. Those get automatically banned by the server.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis