Ships you use or like in MP

There are 106 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ajay.

• That involves letting your hands directly into game files. I just done a different archetype of ship (no_strikecarrierflyable, as example) with different package based on... Krelow, for instance. Changing package with using HardCMP checking how much hardpoints there are and equipping it with those heavy Nomad turret in a pack. Then I made it sellable on Manhattan, understood that that was not an option and edited savefile to take ship to Missouri Battleship.
    It will be messy anyway, and you will need to have another copy of CF. Already not telling about the MP.
    And when you're flying Strike Carrier or any alien Mothership, the only method of intersystem travel is editing of the save file :)

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• BACK TO TOPIC:
    Thanatos is evaluated. Rafi, Utrack and Soul can know :) Latter even bought Thanatos.

• It's called Flathead because it's so flat that the pilot's head sticks out...

screen30.jpg

Getting shot in the face by a torpedo is now an option, for just under 9 million credits, yay! :D

Btw, this ship:

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• So far I have flown (Of the new ships)

Bullpup Mk III
    Haidar
    Raptor
    Hurricane

I like the first two for what they do... and honestly, LOVE the Bullpup Mk III ... it's so fast straight line speed you can boom and zoom all day... the shield is the kicker.

However, after flying the Hurricane, I don't think I like it as much as the Raptor.

Has anyone evaluated the Saber yet? The one down in Sovetskaya... I love the way it looks (at least from a distance, never flown it).

I am looking for a fighter with great speed/agility that can still mount at least 4 class 10s.

Another question, are all VHFs 4x Class 10 + 2x Class 9?

ALSO: Do any other ships besides Bullpup Mk. III mount two thrusters?

Thanks in advance!

• I've flown saber in 1.8, it's a good ship with a bit more armor, but it's sluggish in turning... That requires a bit different fighting tactic.

The only other ship I know that carries 2 thrusters is Soulforge Train (and Ragnarok, but you can't exactly get that in free trade)...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• I've flown saber in 1.8, it's a good ship with a bit more armor, but it's sluggish in turning... That requires a bit different fighting tactic.

The only other ship I know that carries 2 thrusters is Soulforge Train (and Ragnarok, but you can't exactly get that in free trade)...

You just saved me millions and a lot of time... I was worried it would be sluggish... I am looking for the most agile VHF out there, even if it only has 4x class 10 guns.

• You just saved me millions and a lot of time... I was worried it would be sluggish... I am looking for the most agile VHF out there, even if it only has 4x class 10 guns.

C(G)ayman + WR3 + skill = The_Cro_Legend = Fastest, faster it can't achieve ;)

• Heard Bucket uses Basilisk with WR3 in Inner core?
    But I use it with armor class 10 :)

Edit by
    anyway: NEVER F*CKIN' EVER use Basilisk in PvP. It CAN survive a wing of alien fighters, can survive Outcast ambush in Vega, but in PvP it fails hardly.

Edited once, last by Ajay: edit ().

• Hello CF - Friends and Pilots :)

My Favorites are, and keep, big Ships. BattleShips, Cruisers, Gun Boats. All of them, except Liberty DR, because cant more see him in every game, in every mod.
    But in CF are BSs not really playable. Extremly UnderPowered. Very, very bad Shield. Guns ok, but Shields "no go". Sorry. And Docking is bad. Can dock only on Fixtures on Planets. To play BS in X-3043 is.. not really fun. Because first NPC attack get very fast and easy heavy damage on your BS. In sirius can BS dock on Stations (slow, takes long time, but dock). In Altair, (Russians, Chineses Systems) Sovetskaya, cant more dock, just Planet Murmansk. Play fun = Zero. To fly in Asteroids Fields with BS? No, this is calling: BS-Stucking, but not flying. And every crash in asteroid do heavy damage on Shields, bumm, bang, bamm.. and shields are down. And now to use Shield Batteries? lol, big fail :D Or in high radiation Systems to use Nanobots? Fail too :D

But i saw in someone chinese mod, i dont remember the name of mod, because many years ago. There did the Modder all Asteroids moveable and destroyable. In Omicron Systems, (O-Beta), same big and heavy Xeno-Asteroids, but they do moving and can be shooted. Big ships, like BSs, do crash in Asteroids, get slow, but they dont keep stuck! And / or you can shoot em too, to get the way for BS free. But i saw this just in one chineses mod. None Europe / American modder do this. Why?

Ok. Enough BS-Crying :P
    I fly every Ship / Fighter, if he is agile, and can give me a win in PvP. I likes em all (exept Liberty BS :( )

Have play fun and see you in space 8).

Vor off.

Edit:

lol I love to play Bullpup Mk.3, because of 2 Thrusters. "Need for Speed" But again, low Shields, none Shield UpGrade, no agility.

Edited 2 times, last by Vor: fehler.. ().

• Vor: please not another BS theme ... if you look little around you can find many discussions about it. BSs are very nicely balanced especially for MP if used properly. Realism do not have much space here (as you mentioned in CF 2.0 preview thread .. its a game :) ). Crossfire was designed as mod for fighters and this will not change because mod creator do not wish it (argue about this doesn't make sense]. Asteroids: Crossfire have many special features which simply do no allow what you are asking for. You and also all others need simply accept those facts.

• But in CF are BSs not really playable. Extremly UnderPowered. Very, very bad Shield. Guns ok, but Shields "no go"

Huh, 900k or 450k hull cca 50 or 100k shiled huh underpowered?

my two cents for BS =>

Extremly Powered.

To fly in Asteroids Fields with BS? No, this is calling: BS-Stucking, but not flying.

send PM to microsoft for that. Pain in ass but that it is flaying in Freelancer BS. Only solution for now is remove all roids from game.

Cya in space m8!

ps
    cought... Bullpup Mk.3 is Blood Guard property. For freelancer is free to use but when u put licence on ship cough another story...have fun.

• Hi Friends :)

I do understand all problems with thema BS. Its ok for me too, and i m sorry for all that "pain in ass", to read my Post about my lovely CF-Ships :)

But if chinese modder can do asteroids movable and destroyable, why cant do this none Europ / American modder? :huh:
    Asking help by chinese modders? ;)

ps
    cought... Bullpup Mk.3 is Blood Guard property. For freelancer is free to use but when u put licence on ship cough another story...have fun.

CFPD is allied with BG? CFPD do def Custodian also? But not allowed to use BG Ships? ?(

• All police officers have safe haven in Custodian and free access for eq and ships.
    Mr.Vor i dint see any CFPD sigh on your post etc etc

edit:
    There is a Chinese version of FL mod?!

• All police officers have safe haven in Custodian and free access for eq and ships.
    Mr.Vor i dint see any CFPD sigh on your post etc etc

edit:
    There is a Chinese version of FL mod?!

Understood :)

About chineses mod, this is very long time ago. I think, i did playd this mod on 2006, for a short time, but dont remember correct. I m sorry, i dont remember the name of mod also. But i do remember, that asteroids there in chineses mod, was destroyable and movable. I was flying with fighter and saw, how he did crashes in asteroids in O-Gamma and Theta, but asteroids moving. And can be shooted. Needed some more shots from fighter, to get destroyd, but BS can destroy em with 1 shot. And BS dont stuck. Yes, he crashe in asteroids and fly slow, but he dont stuck. System / Engine of working was, like a little, original FL Game asteroids for farming / mining. But there working this engine for all asteroids.