Star Citizen by Chris Roberts

There are 79 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• I started this Topic few weeks ago but unfortunatly I don't find it anymore.....

Here a Video of the Game (reminds me on FL)
    http://vimeo.com/53829036

Here a link of some pictures of the Game
    [url=http://www.gamona.de/games/star-citizen,erste-screenshots:screenshotset,2168311,screenshot-2168360,record-2188020.html]http://www.gamona.de/games/sta…68360,record-2188020.html[/url]

Here the German version of the Article:
    [url=http://www.gamona.de/games/star-citizen,crowdfunding-kampagne-naehert-sich-6-mio-dollar:news,2188020.html]http://www.gamona.de/games/sta…-dollar:news,2188020.html[/url]

And Here the translation of the Article from German to English:
    Enjoy it
    Crossfire

Star Citizen - News
    - PC
    Crowdfunding campaign is approaching near the end of $ 6 million
    Profile picture of Thomas Held Thomas Held
    19.11.2012, 12:24 clock

A whopping $ 5.5 million dollars has introduced the crowdfunding campaign to Star Citizen already. Only remain a few hours to reach the ultimate goal of $ 6 million.

Screenshot for: crowdfunding campaign is approaching near the end of 6 million DollarMit 2 to 4 million dollars the developers had originally gerechnet.Durch the new milestone, an exclusive skin and the largest playable ship was released, the "Bengal Carrier". The solo / co-op campaign Squadron 42 will also benefit from motion-capture recordings.

In a new message, the team writes that $ 6 million would allow all that you had in mind for the game. First, it appeared impossible to ever come close to it, but still remain eight hours, to support the campaign. Among the planned 70 star systems come then again add 30 more, an orchestra helps from the soundtrack and Backer obtain a free copy of the first "Squadron 42 mission disk" (a supplementary campaign) called Behind Enemy Lines.

Who wants Star Citizen support can still do so via Kickstarter or the official website (via PayPal, credit card, etc.). In addition to the packages, there are now also the possibility to enter into a subscription. So you can support the development with 10 or 20 dollars a month, which brings with it some special rewards. It is the final game in this selection is not.

A new video was also published, showing how a concept drawing of a 3-D environment.

• Same landing pad as in the advertisement images, but now in 3D and playable... pretty nice and fast.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• i dont think that you can play it then

however... I was right...
    after the pledging is before the pledging... they decided to continue

and next to that you have to pay for every little addon... up to 5000$
    this is so disgusting

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• that is if you want to name a system

a star map costs only 5$

ships cost a few hundred dollar

handbooks about 10$ (and there are books for every shit)

the modding handbook costs 20$

ship skins 5$

so practically the millions of $ that the ships already costed while pledging do not mean that you will get the ships

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I agree with what you guy say. First of all people pays the money because ppl see in Chris Roberts the creater of space simulations (action). Off course There was other games before Wing Commander, how ever all the great games I played and also many friends of me were made by him (his team).
    So thats why People trust in him and ppl wish to see a new space simulation like all the great games we know from him. And yes I can good imagine that Star Citizen would cost lot of money. Not only by buyingt the game also by runningt the game, as it has been told by OP for many other things. How ever I am sure ppl would gladly pay the money when they can get something which they were looking/waiting for it since agaes.....
    So I hope Chris can give ppl what all we are expacting and I hope this time Chris can take his time and creat a game as the way he wants it to be. And hopefully there wont be a EA or Microsoft which again try to over take his Company.......
    Crossfire

• there are many other great space sims out there... not only the ones from this particular developer
    you should try them

next to that, he also released many games which were just crap

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• there are many other great space sims out there... not only the ones from this particular developer
    you should try them

next to that, he also released many games which were just crap

I have nearly played every space Sims, but the only Games I really loved to play were made by Chris. e.g. Lands of Lore. For some reason I never played Star Lancer o.o.....
    But I guess the 6.2 mil. Dollar Donate shows that many ppl out there love his games and this also shows that ppl. are willing to support him. I am also very confidence that Star citizen will be a good game, maybe not a great one but a good one....we will see.

• Well, but... ehm
    lands of lore is not a chris roberts game
    it was developed by westwood studios and is based on eye of the beholder games
    (loved lands of lore 2 btw -> one of the first games which supported a 3d card)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well, it's 6.5 mill $ not 6.2 anymore since there was a "Grace period" extension to the donation's time.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I agree with what you guy say. First of all people pays the money because ppl see in Chris Roberts the creater of space simulations (action). Off course There was other games before Wing Commander, how ever all the great games I played and also many friends of me were made by him (his team).
    So thats why People trust in him and ppl wish to see a new space simulation like all the great games we know from him. And yes I can good imagine that Star Citizen would cost lot of money. Not only by buying the game also by running the game, as it has been told by OP for many other things. How ever I am sure ppl would gladly pay the money when they can get something which they were looking/waiting for it since ages.....
    So I hope Chris can give ppl what all we are expecting and I hope this time Chris can take his time and create a game as the way he wants it to be. And hopefully there wont be a EA or Microsoft which again try to over take his Company.......
    Crossfire

What !! are you mad or just space wacky. ;)

First of all i have a saying " You can't polish a Turd "
    Which in fact thats what Star Citizen is, a BIG FAT polished TURD.
    Its just Wing Commander taken to the next level, with an element of Freelancer
    in it, to entice US Freelancer communities in to supporting it.

But i don't buy it, and never will....
    I have said on many posts about this and also others have too.
    If it looks like its too good to be true, it most probably is.

Once we have Crossfire 2.0 up and running and bug free, One can only assume that
    the powers at large will try something new in the development of the next version,
    i.e- a new game engine, who knows what OP and the DEV team will do next, its a mystery.
    I for one will support it, and promote it, whenever and wherever i can.

imo, Roberts only claim to fame was Freelancer, and even then he was loosely involved with it.

WC is his baby and always is/was and will always be.........

Rgds

Cygna

• and even Freelancer has to be finalized long after release.

..and WILL be PEFECTED,... by release of CF 2.0 :D

otherwise, I am totally with you, husker :thumbup: and the David Braben project.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• been wanting to say this but was waiting to see if someone else would say it first...."Star Citizen" !!! ? Sounds like a low budget film name from the 70's!!
    IMO you would think he would come up with something a little more exciting...but hey, that's my opinion..maybe if this game is as good as he says it will be, it won't mater....or maybe when it comes out and everyone start's to get a feeling for the game then maybe the name will fit...........OK...I'm sitting down and am ready for all the negative feedback I am going to get from you all.... :tomate:

ROCK ANTENNE
    AC/DC
    BIG GUN

Acer Aspire V3-772G / Windows 10 Home / Intel Core i7 / Nvidia Geforce GT 750M / 8 GB RAM

• Nah, you won't get negative feedback since you're not the only one who though the same, especially viewing that big money need they had. But no one goes against them since maybe they do have plans to use that money properly, so it's just about waiting :D

• Certainly, like plans for a chromium plated coffe-dispenser for the coders.
    ... or was it Rum-dispenser ??

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)