Ajay's Background

There are 41 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ajay.

• Before setting the fourth wall - this could be a biography of my character (which is created, but imprisoned by Pittsburgh lag).
    So...
    Ajay once was a Coaition's Emissary in Sirius. After succesful set-up of diplomatic relations Ajay was sent to another mission: try to help the Sirius people to fight with Nomads, and try to learn more about Sirius culture. But while his jorney, his Lagg was damaged beyond repair. Now he is using an old Starflier and tries complete his mission, or at least return back to his Motherland.
    Ajay rare was in combat (he was supposed to learn on-place), so he tries to avoid hostile contacts. He is peaceful (relatively) man, and really thinks that all human factions should unite before the Nomad threat.

Full Ajay's story:
    Part one.
    Ajay was sitting before huge screen in intelligence officer's room onboard old, rusting and reliable Gorlowka Carrier. He and his team was tracking coalition's long range radars in Mandar. Until this time, there were nothing interesting. Sometimes - Nomads patrols. But today... Today his radars detected some non-organic ship. Seven ships. Seems like they were Alliance ships.
    If our Ajay was some kind of superhero, he would think something like: "This is the event which can shake the universe". But Ajay did not cared. He just linked to patrols and said:
    -All patrols in Gladius and Gurm, we got Alliance incoming from Mandar. Power DRICs and be prepared, they still can be hostile.
    Then he just turned his EVA off, handing the watching to main dispatcher. After some seconds ring called, and another team of Intelligence officers came to change him and his group.
    -OK, Ivan, its my time to watch now. Command gave you holiday, so you can leave carrier. Here are all of the needed papers.
    -Thanks, and use darn callsign. - answered Ajay. Ajay was just a nickname, his real name was Ivan, however he didn't liked it very much. The rest of his name was known only to his relatives and to command.
    After hour Ajay's old and decommissioned almost two years ago Lagg left Gorlowka's dock and headed to Murmansk.
    Part Two. After the Coalition Fleet defeat at Menton.
    Ajay woke up on his bed in the small room he lived. He lived somewhere on the outskirts of Murmansk's capitol. Well. hello, another crappy day.
    He lived alone, away from parents. No one from his relatives knew anything about his private relations - and they knew everything, because he had none. So he was really guessed when somebody called him through his EVA. But then he relaxed.
    "Command... Well, if Motherland will say "We need", soldier should say "Will do"... And I will say "Will do"..." - murmured Ajay to himself.
    The only one man who needed Ajay was Podpolkovnik (Low Colonel, army rank equal to Lieutenant Colonel in Russian army) Igor Flyagin. His old pal - and even more, teacher. The message Igor left, if translated to English, meant:
    "We need your help. Arrive to Coalition HQ as quickly as possible! I will give you details there. This will be long mission, so be prepared".
    -That will be definitely crappy day... - murmured Ajay, trying to find keys from his Lagg.
    Then he filled his flask with vodka (How can be fanfiction about a Coalition Character be without this?), took his AGS-4 (Automated Gyrojet for Self-defence), wore an uniform and left his flat.
    Part Three
    Ajay arrived to Coalition HQ and vectored to the nearest free landing pad. Igor already was waiting near. Ajay jumped out from the ship.
    -Comrade Commander, I am here. Ready for getting mission details. - Ajay said in mechanical tone.
    -Good. Now, I called for you, because we need somebody, who is smart, philosophical and...
    -And expendable? - continued Ajay with a mocking tone.
    -Thats a bad joke. Well... We need an some kind of "cultural Emissary" in Sirius. In a new home of Alliance. We need to understand, did they changed after their exodus.
    -I don't think so. "When will the world listen to reason, I have a feeling it will be a long time..." - Ajay quoted one of The Offspring's songs.
    -Well, anyway, you will see it. There is an transdimesional rift in Yakutsk. It should warp you to Unknown system, which has a passage Omicron Gamma->Omicron Theta.
    -Okay. Shall I get any another ship?
    -Nope. Your Lagg is still capable to fly, and thats all. You shall join the convoy with another emissaries. They are already in space.
    After some time, Ajay's ship accurately left landing pad.
    -I hope this old piece of junk will hold together... - murmured Ajay to himself.
    Ajay met convoy outside and joined it. Their journey within Coalition Space was peaceful, and it continued to be... Until Omicron Theta. Huge group of Corsairs caught them and surrounded.
    -Follow us, or you will be destroyed. - female Corsair pilot - and squad leader - had just showed on the comlink.
    -Sh*t. We are screwed - said convoy leader to group.
    -No way. Run out of ecliptics, while I will rock and roll. - Ajay's voice was calm and loud.
    And, before Corsairs understood, what is going on, he fired at that Corsair and, when her shields were down, Ajay rammed her ship's cockpit. Convoy left the ecliptics, avoiding contact, and soon arrived on Freeport 9.
    Ajay was maneuvering as fast, as his old Lagg could. The last time he saw Corsair squad leader, her ship was not moving, and a huge hole was in the cockpit. The armored glass seems to unable to hold a strike of old Russian ship armor.
    -Well, how would they like this?
    He flown through Corsair's formation, but, before they understood somethng, he killed engines, turned and begun to fire at their backs. One "Titan" even exploded.
    -How did they called it? Corrida? NOW THATS REAL CORRIDA!
    Then Ajay pulled afterburn... But engines of old Lagg, which remembered even Alliance-Coalition War, had just exploded. And Ajay's ship flown to Nebula by inertia.
    -Oh, now thats the time... - Ajay said.
    Engines were FUBAR. Thruster seems to be damaged too. Corsairs soon will find his ship. And everything will be over.
    -"Still capable to fly..." Yes, it could be capable to fly, if I did not made that maneuver. Never fly ships, which survived the Coalition Long Sleep. Never - Ajay murmured to himself.
    Part Four
    Ajay was sitting inside heavily damaged Lagg and looked to radars. Corsairs were incoming. But then... He noticed another group of ships, affiliated to "Bounty Hunters".
    -Oh, like a Holywood film. NEVER liked that pulp. - Ajay said with his mocking tone, watching those Bounty Hunters fighting with Corsairs.
    Then he noticed another ship. Zoner.
    -Hey... What is it? Hey, man, are you okay? - Zoner's head popped on the comlink.
    -I am great. But my poor ship seem to be dead.
    -Hmmm. Nice ship, by the way! Never saw such a ship before! But paintwork reminds me something.
    -Listen, man. I am a Coalition Emissary. I need to get any piece of junk capable to fly.
    -OK. I am flying to Manhattan, so... Wait, you said Coalition?
    -Yep.
    -Oh, man. Do not worry, I dont give a crap about past. Jump out of ship, and I will tractor you in.
    After a some time Ajay was sitting in Eagle's cargo bay and talking to pilot.
    -Man, so, you are from Coalition? Heh, That is great that Alliance and Coalition stopped the war.
    -Yes. Why should mankind fight with itself? - Ajay said. He had this idea from even early days of his life.
    -Now listen. I will get you to a central planet of Sirius. There I will buy you some ship, and will give you 150 thousand creds. I have enough money, so don't worry.
    Part Five.
    -It is not going to end well... - Zoner said.
    Zoner's ship was caught by Golden C. ambush - three "Falcons" - in Shikoku, on the way to Manhattan. GC disrupted the Trade Lane, making ship leave it.
    -What the hell? - Ajay said to pilot.
    -Those crasy women again... - Zoner answered. - The last time their encounter cost me a right wing...
    -Women?
    -Golden Chrysanthemum. They are feminists and are not in their heads.
    -Well... Why are they rebelling?
    -Never saw young women unable to get any good work just because they are women?
    -Nope - Ajay said.
    -Nevermind, man, because now they will try to blow my ass off...
    After this words Eagle was shaken by Suncannon hits. GC did not tried to read a preaching to the "oppressor", they just opened fire. Eagle hit afterburner and headed to flee.
    -Open fire, man, open fire! - Ajay yelled.
    -No, we will not survive it!
    -We will have more chances in dogfight, than in fleeing! Give me that!
    Ajay slapped zoner out from pilot chair and said:
    -Hold on, man! Well... Now let's see what they got.
    Ajay killed the engine, vectored towards enemies and returned fire.
    -Those are not guns, those are just pieces of sh*t! - said Ajay to zoner.
    -Those "Furys" are the best I have!
    -They are no match for our Coalition Gattlings! If I had those now, those *censored* now were floating in space between pieces of their ships!
    While Ajay said that, one GC Falcon turned to ball of fire. Two more on go...
    -Ya see? And we are still alive!
    -Man, be careful...
    Ajay avoided barrage of Suncannon. and dropped a mine. After 5 seconds another Falcon blowed up. Third Falcon - seemed to be group leader - turned and begun to flee.
    -NO FLAKKING WAY - Ajay said and fired CD to GC Falcon, then destroyed it. Ajay found escape pod and vectored to face it.
    -So, you decide, what to do with her - said Ajay and moved back to cargo bay, leaving Zoner in cockpit.
    Part Six.
    -Well, this is the end of this travel. - said zoner.
    -This planet? Well, they seem to be not as cool as I initially guessed.
    -You will see.
    Zoner's Eagle entered the docking ring.
    -Ya still use those messed constructions? We already made compact atmosphere-entering installations, already for a 50 years!
    -Yay.
    Ship landed the Manhattan's main landing pad.
    -Well - zoner said - Here we are. Follow me, I already bought a ship for you.
    -Okay. Oh, is that a "Liberty" sleeper ship?
    -Yes, it is. It is main tower of Manhattan for now. Let's go.
    After some time zoner and Ajay were standing near old Starflier.
    -Okay. Since ships from both Coalition and Alliance had united systems, you can pilot it. You have your money. It will be enough. Have luck.
    After some time Eagle left Manhattan. And after some more time "Starflier" was moved to Manhattan's landing pad.
    Ajay sat inside its tight cockpit. In first, he installed well-protected HDD in a ship's computer. That HDD was taken by Ajay from his old Lagg, which now was floating in space lifeless. Then he found his favorite music on HDD.
    "The Offspring - The Future Is Now.mp3"
    -Well, let's begin our mission - murmured Ajay to himself.
    After some time Starflier left Manhattan's landing pad.

Some intercepts of the file traffic can also be useful. Here they are: Just something: one usual morning of a former Coalition emissary

EDIT OF 30:05:2013:
    Changing some background details due to lore changes.
    EDIT OF 19:07:2013:
    Retcon.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited 5 times, last by Ajay: Merging posts, retcon ().

• Counting the part of being emprisoned by Pittsburg, if you still have that problem, lags not what emprisons you (since there are people with 800 ping ), but a connection that fails (due to other programs like torrents consuming the i-net band, so you have to close any program that can be downloading stuff, videos or software updates), and also caused by finding any file in the game edited (except the camera ones and few others), make sure no file is modified.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Language pack counts too? Or Avast?
    Then FAIL.

• Avast should work fine with it, since it worked for me.

Language pack fails, well, if you install Crossfire on something not english, that might get messy, though for people with russian and german Freelancer language games worked with CF, maybe OP has more info on this. Different text shouldn't give problems, but if the paths and such have unrecognizable symbols, dunno then.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Avast should work fine with it, since it worked for me.

Language pack fails, well, if you install Crossfire on something not english, that might get messy.

OK, thx. Thats good that my license CD has an optional localisation...

• Great, happy to hear it, now you can have fun and continue your Character's story :)

• I meant the "background" as a char's past. How that guy with nickname Ajay_[RUS] could get to Manhattan with Starflier and 150 000 creds :)

• @ R@F1

To stay to your "background", I hope you only fly the "Pinke Eagle" , do you ? ^^

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• But if I fight him I won't see the (his ^^) pink ;-)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Saracen has a pink/red cockpit, and it's actually of the top fighters, capable of surviving aliens and PvPs.

And Saracen has a paintwork with red stars, that are giving me chills... (If you guess where I was born, you understand, why).

• BTW, i didnt knew that I will get that brick-with-guns (i.e. Titan) and a nice armanent in THREE DAYS.

• Why not ?

The Pink Eagle is as good as the Shroud, Grendal and many, many others.
    Almost on par with your beloved Cayman on manouverability, same armament .... but more armor.

AND the better color :-D

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• NucNuc, you are terribly wrong. Rofl said it's not good for a reason.

"Almost on par" with Cayman, well, let's take it this direction.

Cayman = 10-15% more agile than Shroud
    Shroud = 5-10% more agile than Eagle.

Even Sabre could be counted as better than Eagle since the frontal turret ^^
    That brick-with-guns Titan is in par with the Eagle, that is also, a vanilla ship. Pink Eagle is pink :D

• Where did you get your numbers from ?

MY are different to yours ? Thought we play the same game . ^^

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Actually I know that Titan is not as good as Sabre, but that would take hell of a time to make up with outcasts/hessians, and I already had a neutral relations with Corsairs :)
    Well, however, I will try to press out all of the juice of that brick-with-guns. (And BTW, it is really SMALL).