First mission impossible?

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• When ever I try to do the first mission I fly out into space, meet with King.. (had an issue where the prison ship instantly died but that only happened once) fly off to find the bandit hideout, get a distress call from "beta 4" no matter what I try I can't keep him alive before he dies?

Wanted to play the SP too but it seems I am bugged and screwed to progress further than the first mission?

• Hello Jay0, its matter of patience and combat training. NPCs in CF have much better AI as in vanila. They also use bots@bats like human can do. If you can join MP, then ppl can help you alot with tips and hints ... your progress in SP will be much smoother and you will found that previously deadly enemy is now only average and easy in the end ... CF hovewer have some rly very strong npcs, but those you will find much later :)PvP Video Training ... this can help you alot.

• I'm not sure you understand my problem, I'm not the one dying. but NPC "beta 4" is causing me to lose the mission and have to reload. I haev tried several times to get lucky and for them to survive enough. I can literally stop and tank them but the beta 4 NPC starts with half hull and no shields..

• Beta 4 is supposed to give the message and leave, same as the prison ship, it's hull is supposed to be blocked, these chars can never die even if you fire on them an hour.

Something is missing or corrupt in your campaign files, such issues never happen on a correct install, since as said above, their Hull/life is supposed to be blocked.

Try reinstalling, using the way said in our FAQ, where before activating the mod, Untick the "Read Only" property from the Freelancer folder itself and everything inside it. First click Apply, then Accept, to be sure.
    If you got Windows Vista or newer, make sure you start FLMM with Administrator rights.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• or second option is kill enemies rly fast :)

• I don't really know how I can help you with this since I've never had such a problem , but try powning the rogues from really close distance and getting their fire being concentrated at you.

If this still doesn't help , I can send you a Save after that mission if you want.

PS: And yes , Forlon's right , the faster you kill the enemies , the better chance you have to finish the mission with no issues.

• going to reinstall and retry will keep you updated.. hopefully it fixes things

• By how FL engine works, you can't get all the NPC attention at once, especially since some are spawned to target certain good NPCs, and no matter how much you try, counting the NPCs you have to protect are weaker than the hostile ones, you can't protect them every mission till the end. Maybe with luck redoing every misison like 10 times... but that's no way to play. Unless you get some Ion Cannon :D

So being fater can't rlly work.
    If the bug is not fixed by the save, a save file of Trent in mission 3 won't help him protect the good NPCs in mission 4 ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• It's not a bug.
    Even if you play FreeLancer vanilla it can happen, that the rouges kill beta 4 before you killed THEM.
    Result : mission failure.

You really have to kill them fast. Try to lock on the rouge that is chasing beta 4, when you turn to them. Most of the time it is NOT the nearest one.
    You have to be quick in this situation to pick the right one.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• When it just happens "sometimes" it's like a glitch, but when it happens EVERY TIME ( by what Jay said) it could be called a bug :P

• U got a point there, /\/\ichael.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Beta 4 doesn't have it's hull blocked. You have to kill the Rouges before they kill Beta 4 and sometimes Beta 4 can be destroyed by splash damage from you blowing up the Rouges. Usually takes me a few tries to complete this mission.

• I'll have to disagree on that

faster*

And yes, unless you got a ion Cannon, it can't really work. In the first missions yes, but later on like the transport convoy through the nebula with artifacts, or escaping the prison station in Alaska with the president, are totally impossible since every other friendly NPC dead = misison failure. And you can't "attract" several wings spawned in different directions.

• well reinstalling fixed this, I did reinstall to a different drive too just to be sure.

before I could kill 2 rogues with near 100% accuracy before it died, now i could just sit and watch, it took some dmg but only splash dmg i guess?

Also the part after the in the gas cloud I accidentally was shooting king like crazy I burned through a ton of his shield bots but wonder why this "stupid enemy" wouldnt die. before I could kill NPCs so something certainly wasnt right, thanks again everyone for your help

• Have fun, and when you think you are ready for More experience on MP, come join us :)

• faster*

And yes, unless you got a ion Cannon, it can't really work. In the first missions yes, but later on like the transport convoy through the nebula with artifacts, or escaping the prison station in Alaska with the president, are totally impossible since every other friendly NPC dead = misison failure. And you can't "attract" several wings spawned in different directions.

Nope , I don't need anything like that (Ion Cannon) in order to be faster. Just using the accessable weapons that are available in the current level or in my fighter with other words and I kill them fast with no issues.

I don't know why you have such issues Michael ;D

And I am glad that it worked out for ya Jay0 , hopefully we can see you in MP soon too. Have fun^

• Just fly far from beta 4 ...
    that make the NPC fly far from beta 4 too .... ( the NPC chase you )

After that .... kill the NPC ------> i recommend you use missile because faster

and then ... mission complete ..

and 1 more ....
    i think the dead of beta 4 is not a glitch ...

that is the point of the mission ... ----> safe beta 4

so if you fail to protect beta 4 .... he will DIE :D

I want to know how it feels when becoming SOLO player

He inspired me :ninja:

• and I kill them fast with no issues.

Sure, I forgot, you are the God of War, you can kill 2 wings of Corrupt Navy fighters and 3 of Nomad drones at once without them having time to hit Juny or the President while escaping. :D Or the like continuous spawning nomad wings when you and other teams attack the Outer Dyson Sphere.

Anyway the bug's solved now :) No matter it was possible or not, it wasn't working as supposed to do, so, fixed.

Edited once, last by /V\ichael: . ().