Problem with Open SP

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• Open story with an old save renders a lot of stations saying I'm not advanced enough to do missions, stations I could get missions from before i installed CF, and it's hampering my money making....again tried to search for this answer but not found anything. How come it doesn't work? I don't want to do the CF story with this save so not worried about that but normal missions I'd like to be able to do, can't level up anymore now anyway so can't see how i become more advanced.

How come CF hates old saves so much? I'd start from the begining again but seriously it's going to take an age with not being able to sell prisoners to get the 260k you need for mission 2 or whatever.

Edited 2 times, last by Martind Forlon: created new thread ().

• please next time create new thread if you have totally different topics in mind ... thx :)

. 1.9 have more new features and this can be reason.

• What kind of "old saves" ?( Saves from another "try" with CF or any other Freelancer ?

Saves from anything else than CF DO NOT WORK. Also ( I think ) from "normal SP" with "open SP".
    Has something to do with all the new and different stuff 'n features in CF, compared to other FL games/mods.

TBH, I played open SP only once ages ago. So I don't really know about the levelling up there.

But to make 260 k credits even at NY isn't too hard. There are always one or two lucrative trades to find, sometimes even
    trade runs over several stations as kind a "round course", that set you up with quita an amount of money.

You "just" have to find thgis trade. :D ...but it is there.
    Exploring such things, ... well that's FreeLancer ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Ah sorry about that, was trying not to mess up the place with threads here and there for all the problems/questions I have.

I tried using a normal save with CF for a while and it was going ok with exploring but then when I tried to make money missioning I came across this problem. I've reinstalled FL a few times now trying to get my old saves working but it's not for happening completely ok like I want so I'll take your advice and start out from new with CF. If you feel so inclined please PM me or something with this route of which you speak ;) .

Thank you all for your help btw.

Edited once, last by HaydenJD: Don't want to double post. ().

• the trade routes that NucNuc was talking about change daily.. it is what they call a dynamic trading system. CF site resets all trading commodities and prices on a daily basis. but as was said earlier, trade routes can be found and u can make quite a bit of credits even from starting from new.

i should mention, this also happens in the SP games when u load the launcher to start off with.

hope this clears things up for you

cheers

RayOK

• Thank you RayOK, I umderstand now. I wasn't paying enough attention before when they said it changed, i thought that was for MP only.

• Nope, every change are for both SP and MP, while you are connected to the internet and the CF Launcher is able to autoupdate.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis