Texture Artists the 2nd...

There are 89 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• It has to be from the game same as the old one, or at least something sci fi.

We have background options from in-game Bars, that have brown background with models and drawings, but not exactly the same as in the image.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• The original background seems to be a reddish wood wall, should i stumble upon some potential textures ingame i'll post 'em.

Forlorn, would be nice if you could send me the foreground (body) of that image so i can do some experimentation.

Characters: SA_WHISKY and all simlar (SA_something_WHISKY)

• I brought the foreground of that image, the 2nd version, and Forlon brought the first.

Here are them both:
    Forlon's one from the video:
    index.png

Mine from in-game:
    LSFpilot.PNG

To download them just click on them, view the full size image then "Save" it to your PC.

And the original is:

Mine is looking a bit too up, and Forlon's looking a bit too down for the image, but they should work.
    The idea is to have it exactly the same, the face, the camera orientation, etc, just that it'd be in hi-res.

You can, for sure, edit any part of the image, or light it up/down to fit the background, and such.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Yup, as close as possible is enough when exactly the same (closest possible) is not possible :D That's why I said those 2 images "should work".

But I still like to try make a good thing/job when I do something I care about.

BTW Huor , I found this guy:

Not the same Quigley, but a similar enough char/face.
    screen40.PNG

The BR elite costume in CF has the stripe on the other shoulder, so, should I mirror this one to make it fit, or should I keep the Crossfire style and find this guy on the other angle (with the left shoulder with stripe closer to the camera, instead of the right shoulder as how he appears in the image above).

The darkness is just how screenshots come out on my PC, even if the Gamma in game is high, but they can be lighted up.

Edited 2 times, last by /V\ichael: . ().

• @/V\ichael: if you tell from where is this, I can take ss in 1600x1200 (best using fraps to "save" scene and after use KMPlayer for save right moment :) )

• That image is a part of the screenshot, I'm using full performance on 1680x1050, you won't get it any bigger than that.

Anyway that image piece is nearly 1000x1000, and the final version, with the black borders and such has to be 800x800. I think it's more than enough for what we need :D

Thanx for the offer though.

• Well, seeing the other examples we made and the original of that image:

There's a need of the 2 black stripes at the top and bottom, while keeping the inside part's format (if we'd take and edit your image to add the stripes, it'd be deformed).
    The body should be darkened a bit to fit the background and lights, and well, that image will be seen big in-game, I still don't think wood is a sci fi ambient for an LSF Officer :P But this last thing just in my opinion.

• nice background huor, like it better than my last one.

still fell the need to post it after these hours of searching and waiting for the portal to become reachable again. ;)

Files

• LSFpilot3.png

(549.86 kB, downloaded 7 times, last: )
    • LSFpilot4.png

(674.23 kB, downloaded 7 times, last: )

Characters: SA_WHISKY and all simlar (SA_something_WHISKY)

• Michael:
    If you have this person for the below pic only, then i can try to use it...

You didn't give me any hint of which of the choices you/we need. To keep Crossfire's style of the diagonal stripe on the left shoulder where in the original pic it's on the right, or mirror CF's pic to make it fit the old style (it will need a new screenshot from the other camera angle).

I would pick CF's style as it's what we have, but I need your confirmation, so I can finish the image :P

• Allright, here he is :) (he can still be mirrored though).
    BretonianElite2.PNG

It's a bit on a side, not as much as in the image though, if you wish I can try get him from a better angle.

• Took him, thx Michael.
    So there are still 6 left where i need support from all who can help. Those one are not finished as parts of pictures are still missing. Especially the person pictures...

So please have a look if you find them somewhere. You can also send me an image where the person is on. I can cut it off if necessary.

signature.png

• At #1 , I will try look getting those characters while they move the hand while showing things in coversations, I don't think it will work out though.
    At #2, only the president Jecobi is missing, waiting to see if Forlon can take a 2nd shot of her, or needs help with it.

and

What are we supposed to do about those ? I tried improving them to have more details on a hi-res version, but it didn't work out.