will Upgrade RAM can increase gaming performance?

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Rexor.

• Hi ALL ......

Actually I want to ask this to you ...

my laptop 2 gb ram

Actually it has 2 slot for 2 Gb ddr-3 RAM

My question is .....

Will increase RAM can increase my gaming performance ?

I very-very need your REPLY

I want to know how it feels when becoming SOLO player

He inspired me :ninja:

• As long as you’re not using 100% of your RAM, then you aren’t to the point where
    you need to upgrade it. There is no performance difference between a system
    with 5% RAM usage and 99% RAM usage. So what you need to look at is how your
    system is managing the RAM you have, the access speed of your hard drive and the
    video card you have and its memory usage.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• But .... that I know is ...
    Windows 7 need around 1 GB of RAM
    And I only have 2 GB RAM
    that means I only have 1 GB RAM for play freelancer
    I need your opinion guys
    please help me to answer this

• I have two systems, one has 4 gb ddr2 and the other has 8 gb ddr2. Playing freelancer really doesn't absorb that much RAM in itself, but the amount of file swaps ( page filing ) can impact the performance of the game, by absorbing the resources needed. Running 4gb of ddr2 or more is a good time to turn page filing off, this allows all resources to use the RAM directly giving smoother performance in the system. Freelancer also has performance issues with quad cores as the architecture is not designed to run on this type of CPU. To get good performance out of FL with a quad core, you can set the affinity to two or one core. ( essentially forcing FL to run on one or two cores ) however you need to do this each time you start the game, through the task manager. I suggest you do some reading on setting affinity before you start messing with it.

Take in mind that running more programs in the background also absorb resources and more importantly, bottlenecks the dataflow and this is where most people have trouble ( or intentionally done in some cases ) with playing on the server.

Also make sure your BIOS is up to date so all of the latest drivers are running properly.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• unless you run windows 7 with just 2gb atm you wont get much performance out of it

on a server the situation would be different if done in the right way

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I think OP is right......
    windows 7 32 bit needs around 1 gb ram
    and windows 7 64 bit needs around 2 gb ram
    so .... I want to ask you op
    how much ram that freelancer crossfire need to run smoothly ???

• Again, it depends on what resources and other programs you are running on your machine. 4gb is the normal these days if you are running DDR2. However 3gb of DDR3 runs more efficient & faster than 4 gb of DDR2. But don't take my word for it.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I'm not extremely expert, but I suggest to you to use a program that show how CPU and RAM you're using when playing a program. I use Sysmetrix in a skin that show the use of CPU and RAM, with an histogram, in the last 2 minutes ; when I exit from a program I see what was happening.

I'm still using an old notebook that was medium in the 2008 ; 2 CPUs 1,80Ghz, 2Gb Ram. I did the downgrade from Vista to XP SP3.
    Idle it use less than 25% Ram ; using Crossfire less that 5% more. So I don't think that yor problem is the amount of RAM.
    I also use Game Booster, from Iobit, to close quickly all the programs not needed for the game, and "Smart Ram" in "Advanced System Care 5.5", (However these do only a little bit of difference each).
    Anyway I use "Low Nebula Render" and not the "Advanced Shader", in the game setting.