Pausing in SP

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• I did try and search for an answer and did not find one, if I missed it please point me in the right direction.

First off, I understand that intentionally (for whatever reason, I don't know) while flying in space the F1/pause key has been disabled in SP. If this is because of desired added difficulty I understand that, and appreciate and support those who desire that extra game piece. For me however I really need a way to pause the game at any time to deal with RL situations that arise, as they have a tendency to do. I'm not talking about saving midflight, but just the ability to pause the game to answer the phone, tend to the dog, etc.

If this would be best handled by PM, that works too.

Thank you.

• Cresthen

if you have an answer to sort this, I would be happy to receive such a pm also.

It's a niggling prob I've never found a way to deal with, but that effect my rl too often as well.

Thx in advance

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• To pause CF in SP is enough use alt+tab to desktop ... game freeze untill you return.

• THX

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Excellent, thank you! I'm really looking forward to play CF. Freelancer is still my favorite game of all time.

Edited once, last by hereins: N/A ().

• To pause CF in SP is enough use alt+tab to desktop ... game freeze untill you return.

not bad
    I am constantly doing it but didnt think of it when people asked for pause or f1 in sp

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• if you have a newer keyboard there is a key between the ctl and alt with a pic of the windows logo on it. when i press that it takes me to the desktop, and i think, freezes the game.

hope this helps

cheers

Ray OK

8). 8).

• that key exists for over 10 years i thinks also someone on the ModDB said to just go to the multyplayer tab under controls in the options and remove the the F1 key that works fine. you canpause and load but you cant save also it may label you as cheater in MP so only do it In SP.

• The "Windows" key goes to the desktop, which automatically freezes Freelancer / CF. Same as Alt+Tab.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis