PvP Video Lessons

There are 38 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Cryzis.

• Muhahahahahhahahaa, we shall see , we shall see :D

And of course , these videos are meant for those who wants to learn ( I don't know how it'll affect the ones who already knows how to fight , but these might also come in handy for them as well).

I've decided to go with this ( the lessons ) , cuz that's in what I am only good at in Freelancer - killing , so I thought why wouldn't I contribute ^

Anyway , I also can't wait to see how it'll turn out^

• Update: Everything's ready , except the last video. I got a really nice idea from Pui about it and I will leave it for the last

Anyway, I'm uploading the first video , edited by Forlon and will post it when it gets uploaded.

• CAN'T EXPECT !

but have to

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Well, it's actually the very first video for beginners ;] , but I want you to see how they will look like , the other videos.

77% ... wish I had a better upload speed

• Well, it's actually the very first video for beginners ;] , .....

Then it suit's me PERFECTLY ! ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• haha , if you say so :D

Anyway , it's a testing version , so ...

• ok not bad, for long text the scrolling speed should be smaller - its better understandable this way.
    What i do not understand, at a distance of ~1000 you try to turn to get behind your opponent. But if both are doing the same then this will not work. At which moment do you recognize that your opponent isnt doing the same? Or will that explained later??

Shall i or you start a discussion thread for the videos? Or do you tend to make for each topic and own forum thread?

• Nah , the discussion can be made here , no worries.

Well, I know it looks a bit weird , but I tried making it as newbiest as possible(without any Engine Kill). I think that if both are at " newbie " levels , they wouldn't know anything about Engine Kill and wouldn't have turned from such a close distance as we all usually do. So , in this case I tried it like that , a lot of breaks , impulse speed and thrusters , to have the advantage to myself.

Anyway , about that distance , did you see that I choose to turn left a bit early until he got close to me? ... Well , when I did and when he did come to me , I immediately hit the breaks , followed the direction he was going to , pushed the impulse speed on maximum and when I got a visual of him , I hit the thrusters to get to him as closely as possible. Then I was hiting a lot of breaks , impulse speeds and thrusters and guiding my mouse if you watched carefuly , this way I have the advantage. Of course I could have shot at him , with the guns , but this video is just about flying.

This trick would also work combined with EK , if he's close to you(when you're about to do the EK) , hit the breaks after your EK(but don't do a long EK), guide your mouse and stay as closely as the same distance and speed in the video ( a lot of breaks , impulses , thrusters ) to be as closely to him as possible if you want to nail with the guns of course. If you want to avoid any fire, you need to maneuvrer more(Which I think will be showed in the later videos).

About the " how do I know if he gets there , or there etc... " , well ... I just do , an instinct. I think it's just from the so many PvPs that I went through in CF. I just do something similar in the video(being as closely as to him as possible) and nail with the guns , cuz I really love the guns. Plus a few maneuvrering and that's it.

As whole , I just tried showing how you can have the advantage over the opponent. Sorry if I can't show it better.

And , thanks for the info mate , sorry if I can't explain it better , but I tried as best as possible. Feel free to ask more if you have other questions.

PS: Will talk to Forlon about the scroll speed in the second video, tnx!

• Errhm, ...

lil' link ?

where the vids are ?

THX !

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• -> PvP Video Training

When the rest of the beginners , advanced etc. are ready , I will upload them as well. Only this one(Flight) and Evades are done , but I won't be uploading Evades due to the " Beginners " restriction. I need to upload them 1 by 1 in the precise order

• These videos should be useful to me too.
    Because I come from realistic, current, not sci-fi, atmospheric flight simulators (like Lock On ...), but in space is different ( although Freelancer is not completely realistic ).

..... And Freelancer has its own style dogfight, different from any other game, with its own tactics, etc. ........... and we need to know.

Edited once, last by Rexor: Addition ().

• about text scrolling speed ... can be modified without a problem. Question is only how "slow" it should be (actual version use much slover speed as my first version). I have also in mind few more small updates which will be done on this week end.

• Well, neither too slow or too fast I guess. If Huor can suggest some speed ...

I don't know mate, we will see. We will do a few tests

• Hm at 0:45 there is text about several lines. I can read it - but its too fast. A bit slower would be better so i can take time reading and am not sure to miss something and actually understand whats written. The current speed is OK for up to 4 lines - but for more it would be better to slow it down a bit. I have no suggestion in numbers - you know whats written there - but try to read and understand it yourself to see if its fast or slow enough.

What means hitting the break? Reverse thruster? Engine Kill?

• Hehe nice to see u've finally decided to share some of ur experience so u can get some competition +1, u SHOULD follow his training, trust me, i've been in that position with him and i had what to learn:)

Greetings old friends:)

Fuck fame, fuck awards,fuck happy music,
    The world is a fool tool
    We have to use it!
    [CFPD]Az/\zel,[CFPD]Az/\zel-[ASF],[CFPD]Admiral-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Red.Star-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Store-Az/\zel

• Yeah , at times I also saw the very fast text , (1-2 times) and noticed that it's speed must be lowered a bit.

What means hitting the break? Reverse thruster? Engine Kill?

The breaks , (if you're playing by default ) , holding the S button ( to stop your inertial speed ). That's what I usualy use to describe it , the breaks - > stopping your inertial speed.

And tnx dude, Welcome back