Crossfire Menu (F1) and Story Campaign

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hey,

I've got two problems...first of all, I can't activate the menu while playing the game. I reinstalled crossfire and freelancer a couple of times but it's still not working. In the control settings it's set on (F1) which is standard and can't be changed but during the game it isn't working at all :(
    The other thing is that I just played the whole Freelancer storyline three days ago. I looked for some kind of sequel afterwards and found crossfire. I installed it and realised that you've got to start aaall over again. I'm kind of tired flying around the New York system again...I used the search function on this board to find a solution and found out that it's impossible to skip the old storyline to get to the new one so I wondered if anyone has an old savegame? I don't need lots of money or whatever, I just wanna play the new storyline in SP. Hope someone can help!

Cheers

• F1 is ( as far as I know) disabled whily in space.

You need to be docked to use it.

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• Hey,

I've got two problems...first of all, I can't activate the menu while playing the game. I reinstalled crossfire and freelancer a couple of times but it's still not working. In the control settings it's set on (F1) which is standard and can't be changed but during the game it isn't working at all :(
    The other thing is that I just played the whole Freelancer storyline three days ago. I looked for some kind of sequel afterwards and found crossfire. I installed it and realised that you've got to start aaall over again. I'm kind of tired flying around the New York system again...I used the search function on this board to find a solution and found out that it's impossible to skip the old storyline to get to the new one so I wondered if anyone has an old savegame? I don't need lots of money or whatever, I just wanna play the new storyline in SP. Hope someone can help!

Cheers

Hi there,

Strange, F1 works for me in space, :P ( in MP )

Also try Alt-F1, that may work, but don't use it in combat otherwise you will be fined and booted back to
    your last dock save.( but i think thats just MP )

As for the extra mission, it would only take you a couple of hours to complete the original storyline to
    reach it, so i suggest ignore some of the missions to get yourself a good VHF and then do the
    storyline.
    That would make it quicker to complete missions.
    As for a save, sorry i don't have, but at least when you complete the storyline missions, you would have
    mapped quite a bit of the Universe.
    Good luck Pilot and Safe Flying.

Cygna

• instructions how to use F1 are not wanted/permitted
    when i deactivate something then it has a reason

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• instructions how to use F1 are not wanted/permitted

Fair enough, sorry for that OP, just thought i'd help out someone here.
    Still, you have the power to delete my post, ;)

Didn't mean to tread on your toes bud.

Cygna

• k

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

instructions how to use F1 are not wanted/permitted

And what is that reason? I see many reasons during online/multiplayer game. But I only play SP - and thus being illogical to not I be able to turn on F1. Maybe I want to load a save, or just pause the game. But for that I have to kill myself first. Is there something we SP's can do?

• banjo, that is because we cannot separate different game versions and files for Singleplayer and Multiplayer. There is the option to not get the online update from the server for SP playing, that, if CF can't connect to the internet.
    Anyway in Singleplayer it's illogical to "save in middle of the space" ^^ (even though it has benefits) For MP it's logical for when you disconnect or such.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• with other words... singleplayer mechanics are exactly the same as for the multiplayer
    every change is done for both... anything else is not possible... and multiplayer always has priority

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I agree with "saving in space". That's not even possible in the original.
    But I'm talking about giving the individual player the option to turn certain options back on. Rules are rules and will still apply for MP. But as for us SP's, we just want to have the same freedom as from the original. This could easily be done in the FMM as an option, and later send a log to the server with a yes/no check if it passes the MP reqs.

Don't get me wrong. The Crossfire looks great! And all of you who've worked on it have done a great job! Kudos!

• If it would be possible to do it in FLMM then we would have done that... but it is not.
    And personally follow the principle to prevent that rules can be broken instead of observing all players 24/7 and punishing them afterwards.
    if you want to pause the game then press the windows key... if you want to change options then dock somewhere... thats not so hard

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,